Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bastard Mafia Fallout Thread; NYEH HEH HEH HEH x3 COMBO!
Topic Started: Jan 31 2016, 04:08 PM (1,068 Views)
VysePresident
Member Avatar
Long-winded, meticulous, & thoughtful. Mostly long-winded though.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Deamon
Feb 1 2016, 05:29 AM
VysePresident
Jan 31 2016, 09:45 PM
Also, Deamon played really well.

Props to you, man.
Cheers, it was a fun game actually. I enjoyed making "bad lynches" which secretly furthered my goals. It helped that I was able to play into your expectations of what was happening in the game, all felt very sneaky. XD

Sorry if anything I specifically said upset you btw.
Eh, not a problem. I'm more bothered by stuff best kept out of thread.

I will say, the closest I got to you dropping out of my Townreads was when you kept 'slipping' out of the wagons I was pushing. I pull some scum tricks as Town, and that includes tricks to get people on the wagon I want, or at least to wear them down. You would ponder, and always end up in a spot that seemed most inclined to move other lynches forward.

It wasn't anything you did that was suspicious in and of itself, which is why I didn't catch on and tunnel you like I did Murder. It was just a brief hint that you had an agenda of your own. Unfortunately, I did not take this very seriously, and wrote it off to leftover distrust of my play after Scrubs Mafia. (Incidentally, I do hope I've redeemed myself a little this game. :P )

You were subtle, basically. The one thing I caught onto was weak enough I dismissed it without really thinking about it, which could have cost us hard. It's probably your best scum play to date, for what my 02 is worth, and will have me watching you so much more closely in the future. ;)
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

(Relationships Planning Thread #Pi)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nooooo after all this time being largely viewed as average. I don't want attention.

(Maybe, I'm never letting Scrubs Mafia truly die. ;))
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
V6
V5

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Also, Doc, I would dearly love to know what the "Bananas" gambit was about.

My suspicion was that you were trying to see if I really was Ascetic, and that's partly why I clarified my role before I mentioned a banana. (The one pitfall of an otherwise very effective lie. I was only out for the Night, not the Day.)

Given that you never followed through after, I'm guessing either I was right, or the plan fell through. Either way, I'd be curious to know for sure though.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Murder

I'm pretty sure they don't actually have the connection, they've just sadly picked the right thing for the wrong reasons. :(

The connection I thought I saw was Penguin's easy, borderline worthless Townread on Murder, coupled with her chainsaw push on me. (Also rather annoyed at getting called bad Town by her when she blatantly did not even read enough to figure out what I had clearly spelled out was the case, but hopefully that was just scum pushing.)

To be fair, that was scummy regardless of Murder's own flip, because it could just have been buddying. Still, it was a really bad associative for her to have, and likewise for Murder.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
VysePresident
Feb 1 2016, 06:49 AM
Also, Doc, I would dearly love to know what the "Bananas" gambit was about.

My suspicion was that you were trying to see if I really was Ascetic, and that's partly why I clarified my role before I mentioned a banana. (The one pitfall of an otherwise very effective lie. I was only out for the Night, not the Day.)

Given that you never followed through after, I'm guessing either I was right, or the plan fell through. Either way, I'd be curious to know for sure though.
Swing and a miss on both counts!

The Bananas gambit was a MW test. I specifically told him that I wouldn't be contacting you. I wanted to see how he reacted both to knowing about me and the realities of my role, as well as what he would do with that knowledge with his press on you. Those chickens came home to roost in their own way and were part of why I was so ardently clamoring for weasel blood the phase he was lynched.

I also wanted to see how you reacted to the idea of being a sekrit agent. My hypothesis was that if you were scum it would make you bolder, much like being neighborized in OOTS did.

I did later put the fact that my messages got to you in my pocket as a reason to doubt your Ascetic claim, which is why I didn't send you any messages that last day and a half. I assumed you were initially town aligned, but there was a possibility that cult or Mentor had picked you up if they decided to test your claim and find it wanting. I didn't want to say any of that publicly, though, because that more or less guaranteed that they WOULD test your claim at some point, and I didn't want to roll the dice on that.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
VysePresident
Feb 1 2016, 07:00 AM
Murder

I'm pretty sure they don't actually have the connection, they've just sadly picked the right thing for the wrong reasons. :(

The connection I thought I saw was Penguin's easy, borderline worthless Townread on Murder, coupled with her chainsaw push on me. (Also rather annoyed at getting called bad Town by her when she blatantly did not even read enough to figure out what I had clearly spelled out was the case, but hopefully that was just scum pushing.)

To be fair, that was scummy regardless of Murder's own flip, because it could just have been buddying. Still, it was a really bad associative for her to have, and likewise for Murder.
For what it's worth, she was busy IRL and I sorta incompetently coached her in the scum thread there at that point. The theory behind it was that most of the game wouldn't catch it, and those who did wouldn't have enough votes.
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, I kinda figured it was real life stuff.

You guys were playing the crowd very well there until the end. I was honestly pretty impressed at how you managed to side track them like you did.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks!

I've been scum like three or four games running now, so have gotten into the swing some. Looking forward to not being out to kill everyone, though. I need some town games to recalibrate my sense of normalcy.
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
The girl who dreams on the back of a giant space turtle.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Meanwhile I've been town in every game ever. >__>

Stop being evil when I'm not evil, Toben. It means I have to kill you.
Turtle's Signature

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Don't think you two can fool me with your fake clash. I know you're both cult - your name color is purple!

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Third night two in a row, MW. If this keeps happening I shall start to take it personally :p

Fun fact: I was actually the one who first brought up the idea of killing you in TV Tropes Mafia, so you have me to blame for that :P
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
RE: Frogue - Yeah, the thing about Frogue is, she's a pretty darn good player, particularly for being inexperienced at Mafia, while not being quite as well known for it as, say, Murder or Penguin. It makes for her being an appealing early kill target. (Ironically, when I first started playing, Penguin was just starting to leave this zone.)

Frogue's also someone I'd have a slightly harder time manipulating than, say, Murder, because she's not always present. It makes it harder to guess what she's thinking, and in turn, how to use that to my advantage. (Though it's not just for practical purposes. I can really sympathize with Murder here, in that an inactive thread hurts me personally, even as scum. That said, this game was really, really good on activity compared to many others we've had, and I think I'm going to support Turtle's rules in the future. It was a pleasant experience.)

(On a sidenote, I actually considered Frogue's death as likely evidence that Murder was killing scum, for what it's worth, since I know he and I share a somewhat similar approach to murder victims. Of course, culting her wasn't surprising either. XD)

RE: Doc - Haha, well, actually, I'd probably have been just a little more cautious anyway, because I know you, Doc. I kinda, sorta caught onto stuff going on with you in Scrubs, and ironically ended up drawing your fury upon me because I was getting suspicious of you for it. (Which, to be fair, was ironically completely justified, in that you were making plans behind my back, even if it wasn't the ones I'd feared. :P )

With the OotS Neighborhood, I knew I had a special situation going in which the Town was already inclined to trust me, following an amusing lynch on Espi, and it allowed me to fully capitalize on the advantage I already had. (I still hold as my favorite all-time Mafia achievement playing Murder and Naft against each other so hard for the entire game, that Naft lynched Murder after I failed to unvote on my Goose quickwagon. It was so darn satisfying after all the tricks those two have pulled on me over the years.) (Best part was that, just like I did in PR Mafia, Murder caught Percy with his PR, and then scum recovered. The parallels were extremely amusing.) (Of course, then Murder got revenge on me in Scrubs Mafia, and proved I need to be really, really scared of him still.) (I'm babbling, I'll stop.)

Y'know, I think the thing that hurts my walls the most is my tendency towards sidenotes...

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply