Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bastard Mafia Fallout Thread; NYEH HEH HEH HEH x3 COMBO!
Topic Started: Jan 31 2016, 04:08 PM (1,066 Views)
VysePresident
Member Avatar
Long-winded, meticulous, & thoughtful. Mostly long-winded though.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I loved feeding people to the Goose. :P
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

(Relationships Planning Thread #Pi)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I loved feeding myself to the goose.

Although admittedly I wanted to be lynch so I could joke claim that I was a bomb jester and that everyone who voted for me would die.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Posted Image

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think the best way to balance recruitment roles in the future would be to allow them recruits in the first 3-4 phases, and then that's it.

I mean, if MK had been Town, Deamon's (perfectly logical) move would have screwed him out of a hard fought win at the last second. That just seems a bit unfair.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Y'know, except for a weak read on Pippen, I'm pretty darn happy with my reads this game.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
To speak of the elitist remark, you need to understand that my mafia background is a place where people are and were very blunt at all times. That's why I was forthright about it. I wasn't trying to call you, personally, an elitist, but the way that the 'weak' point was made, that was how it struck me.

I didn't mean to insult you, however. My comment was directed at your words, not at your person.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Though you're really irritating to play w

Would've been nice not to be dragged to the losing side TWICE, but for the brief period where I was actually town, I did my best. I'm all done playing until I run Ru Paul's mafia though.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Namira - Fair enough. It was particularly frustrating for me since I call play specifically to avoid that, and it felt like you'd taken it very personally. I also am not thrilled with any substitute words for reasons of making a point. I mean, people critique my play too. :/

@MK - Eh, same to you, but I enjoy playing with you anyway. I think it's because we're both opinionated, and our opinions clash so much. :P

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Honestly, the only thing I have to criticize about this game is that there was a lot of mod clarification that I think would have been better left unsaid, just for the flavor of the game. Things like how roles work, what roles mean, etc. would have been ample grounds for scum to capitalize on confusion and done a lot to throw a spanner in the mechanical balance in favor of town. It was a fun game, though!

I will say that my perspective is one that's coming from someone who super doesn't care about winning and makes sub-optimal plays all the time just because they're amusing(see for this game: Deciding just to bury Pippin from near the beginning of the game not for any actual suspicion or reasoning, just because I thought it would be funny, and then latching on to the existence of the cult and a bunch of bullshit as "proof"), and also someone that's not a fan of how grumpy mafia can get, at least not anymore. This comes with the caveat that I've been a huge purveyor of grump in the past, but I try to keep things less hostile and more relaxed these days. Vyse, I'll be sad if that tendency towards the negative keeps you out of future games, since you're one of my favorite people to play with, but I can understand it.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I wasn't annoyed over the course of the game at all strangely enough (like I said, I put my expectations through the floor to prevent this). Minus your usual 'let's post six times in a row' shenanigans which, no, are not justified by 'wanting to play the game'.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I do feel like there's a bit of can't-win going on re: wallposts or spree posts. I'm another person that has a lot t say, but I tend to get more of a pass I think in part because of my manner of presenting it (I tend to sorta walk folks through my live-blogging style of catch up). The thing is, there are actual strategic concerns at play in certain situations based on posting style more than content; it's subtle and a lot of folks miss it, but I think it's a fine line to walk and I can't fault anyone for sometimes landing on the hard-to-cut-through end.
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MurderWeasel
Jan 31 2016, 11:12 PM
I do feel like there's a bit of can't-win going on re: wallposts or spree posts. I'm another person that has a lot t say, but I tend to get more of a pass I think in part because of my manner of presenting it (I tend to sorta walk folks through my live-blogging style of catch up). The thing is, there are actual strategic concerns at play in certain situations based on posting style more than content; it's subtle and a lot of folks miss it, but I think it's a fine line to walk and I can't fault anyone for sometimes landing on the hard-to-cut-through end.
Mhm, basically this.

One of the things that's kept me away from wall posting is that people just don't listen to me when I do.

Toben is pretty good at being engaging when he does it, but I don't have quite the same charisma. (And even he gets complaints on occasion, I've noticed.) My walls are very informative, for better or for worse, but they are a slog to read through, even for me.

Furthermore, you get different results with a lot of bite-sized posts than you do with walls. It's easier for people to digest, and despite the flak I get for it, I've noticed I get a significantly broader portion of my reads across now. It's something Murder and I discussed, and I know he thought I was stealing it from him. (I sorta was, but there were about two other people get stolen from too. :P )

It's unfortunately strategic as much as anything. If everyone gives my wall posts the same attention, I can go back to them easier.

Also, as a sidepoint, I often find myself in a rush to post, and thus posting whatever comes to mind. It's my way of maintaining activity better on sites like MafiaScum, where I cannot take four days to work through my thoughts. (Which was almost impossible for me when I started out.)

As another side point, it's also easier to read me when I make rapid fire posts than when I wallpost, because I'm working from my train of thought rather than having time to calculate how to manipulate you. I've been working on enough that I am capable of doing it as scum, but it's much harder.

For what it's worth, I actually enjoy playing with you, and hope you don't actively despise playing with me. I would like to minimize friction for sure, I'm just working on how to do that without going back to being the guy in corner with long reads who nobody listens to.

At least this time, we won, and I can make the point that I do have a valid technique, even if it isn't perfect. (Scrubs will forever haunt me, I'm sure.) This isn't the first time I've been on point but ignored (I know you can relate to that too.). However, it's the first time I've made a point of noting it, mostly because I would like to be listened to on occasion, y'know?

It's sorta like your tunneling - irritating, but it works. :/

I mean, for instance, I have a ton of thoughts on the game, and I suppose I could tack them on to this post, but that seems...tacky, in a way that would take attention away from the main point I'm trying to talk about. I don't intend to double-post, but....I dunno, do you see the problem I have here?

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
DuckyB
Jan 31 2016, 10:31 PM
(see for this game: Deciding just to bury Pippin from near the beginning of the game not for any actual suspicion or reasoning, just because I thought it would be funny,
WOW OKAY, RUDE ;~;
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh, hey, tangent:

I'm posting this here and now so it's clearly not part of any sort of scum gambit for future games. I'm flat out not gonna open, reply to, whatever any mafia threads between midnight and 5 am my time for the foreseeable future. Basically, when I look at the game late at night, it gets me thinking, weighing stuff, plotting, etc. This in turn makes it hard for me to sleep. It's not even that I'm particularly invested in winning or losing (I'm not), but rather that I'm very interested in weighing every possible situation. So yeah, for the sake of getting good sleep, I'm gonna be diurnal in mafia now. Yell at me if I'm not.
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder

frogue
Member Avatar
just a picture of a cloud
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Super fun game to play, super fun game to read after inevitable night kill. Nicely done, Turtle.
Links

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
VysePresident
Jan 31 2016, 09:45 PM
Also, Deamon played really well.

Props to you, man.
Cheers, it was a fun game actually. I enjoyed making "bad lynches" which secretly furthered my goals. It helped that I was able to play into your expectations of what was happening in the game, all felt very sneaky. XD

Sorry if anything I specifically said upset you btw.
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
V6
V5

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply