Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sibling Apathy
Topic Started: Jan 15 2016, 05:52 PM (574 Views)
Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Jasper Bustamante continued from Everyday is Great at Your Junes))

Cheryl's: one of the best restaurants in Kingman. Jasper and his family used to eat here a lot, though his parents stopped bringing them after the whole food poisoning thing. But that was all in the past, and Jasper could freely eat here without fearing for the welfare of his weak stomach. His parents were out that evening, so he figured that he (and by extension, Hannah) could eat dinner here.

The two of them stepped into the restaurant. "Aah, haven't been here in a while," Jasper said, turning to his sister. "Do you remember eating here, Hannah? With nanay, tatay and Lolo Sol?"

Hannah looked around and shrugged. "Not really. I was like...six or seven when we last ate here."

Jasper smiled. "Well, that's true, but you'd be surprised at how much you brain can remember," He playfully tapped his temple. "Maybe stuff'll come back to you soon." Hannah didn't reply, and just kept looking around. It was always awkward whenever he and Hannah were alone together. They'd gotten along so well as kids, but now...yeesh.

He tried not to let his awkwardness show as the two settled down in a booth, sitting across from each other. As he sat down, Jasper did what hw always did in awkward situations: pull out his phone. He opened the camera, snapped a quick selfie, then immediately went to Twitter.

Jay Jay ‏@fisda916 now
Eating out tonight! Ready for a good meal (0u0)
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

That would work. He scrolled through the app for a moment, sitting with his sister in silence. He hoped something- or someone- would save him from this awkward experience.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jasper let his eyes wander around the restaurant as they waited for a waiter. He glanced through the sea of customers when one of them made eye contact with him. She stuck out of the crowd, with blue hair and an eccentric-but-cool wardrobe. She was waving at him, and Jasper's face lit up in recognition.

Raina! Jasper was familiar with her - he shared a few classes with her at school. They were acquaintances at best, and Jasper didn't know much about her. But they were on good enough terms to greet each other in public. Jasper waved back, maybe a little too enthusiastically. He wondered if he should invite her over to sit down. It'd give him someone to talk to while waiting, and lighten the atmosphere a little. She was sitting with what looked like her sister, and four people could fit comfortably in the booth. The more the merrier, Jasper always said.

Heck, maybe Hannah could make a new friend, too. They looked around the same age to him.

Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
She didn't come over to sit, but she did edge closer for them to talk. God bless.

"Heya Raina!" Jasper beamed, scooting over to the edge of the booth. "I've been pretty good," He replied. "And yeah, it's just me and her tonight." He tilted his head towards Hannah, who had her earbuds in and her eyes glued on her phone. She didn't notice Raina, and probably wouldn't mind if they came over. She could adjust to two more people sitting at their table. If she wasn't up for conversation, she could just ignore them, too.

But enough about Hannah. "But how have you been doing? You just here with your sister too?" Taking your little sister to Cheryl's for dinner seemed to be a trend tonight. Well, you can't have a trend with two people, but hey, maybe someone else will join them with their little sister. Jasper doubted they'd be able to fit in the booth comfortably, though.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Nah, I'm the eldest," Jasper replied. "It's just me and Hannah." Jasper didn't mind being the eldest. He always had to be responsible for Hannah in his parents' absence, but he didn't mind that. Jasper couldn't think of what it would be like to have an older sibling: it was such a broad label, ranging from cool role models to assholes you butted heads with. If his relationship with a hypothetical older sibling was like him and Hannah, it wouldn't be too bad.

He nodded and smiled as Leila (begrudgingly) greeted him, and thought he'd prompt his sister to do the same. He leaned over and tapped her shoulder, motioning towards the other two. "Hey, Hannah, this is my classmate Raina and her sister!" Hannah looked up at them and gave them a polite smile and nod before looking back down at her phone. Guess she wasn't much for conversation.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Oh, nothing much," Jasper admitted. "It's just been school for the past week. Haven't gotten much time to do anything noteworthy." As sociable as he was, Jasper did not go out much. He spent a lot of his time outside school at home and on the internet. He'd chat on social media, watch other YouTubers, do leisurely research on marine biology, or just aimlessly surf. He actually did quite a lot of things, but he could sum it all up as "being on the computer". A boring phrase Jasper decided not to bring up.

But he did plan on filming a vlog this weekend. He didn't know if he should mention it. He could always keep the nature of the channel vague, but he knew that Raina would want to see it herself. She was only an acquaintance, and he didn't want her to know about half the stuff he was open about on YouTube.

So Jasper fell back on his staple conversation topic: marine biology.

"But I did read about something interesting lately," Jasper continued, grinning. God, he loved talking about this stuff. "Did you know that coral can be used in bone grafts? They're structurally similar, and putting in the coral saves time, because they usually have to preform a surgery to take a bone out for a bone graft, but if you use coral you don't even need that first procedure!"
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
"I think rejection only happens to organs, yeah." Jasper replied. "Although bone grafts eventually dissolve because it's more of a placeholder. This was the problem with coral, but someone managed to refine coral so that it would biodegrade." He wasn't completely sure about all this. He'd read the articles a little over a week ago, and some of the details were lost on him. Refining sea coral and human surgery fell outside of the realm of marine biology, anyway.

Jasper 'ooh'ed in response to Raina's fact, eyes going wide. "That's incredible!" He exclaimed, a little too loud. "It's still so wild that we can just make things to do stuff like that. Makes me wonder what else we'll trust robots to do."
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Limitless, huh? Jasper's mind wandered into the far future, where robots and A.I. were as common and vital as electricity. But as Jasper thought about it more, wasn't A.I. already common place? He looked down at his phone. Was Siri technically an A.I.? Maybe in the most basic sense. Jasper knew next to nothing about robots, so he couldn't be sure.

Then Raina's order of potato skins came in. "Well don't mind if I do~" Jasper replied, taking one. "Thanks." Potato skins were more of his dad's thing, but Jasper liked them on occasion. As he munched on one, it dawned on him that nobody had taken their orders yet.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
"I guess so," Jasper admitted. He figured that there was too many people around tonight, and maybe the wait staff just missed him and his sister. He was starting to get worried. How long were they going to wait?

He considered mooching another potato skin off Raina in the mean time.

((Jasper Bustamante continued elsewhere))
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Cheryl's · Next Topic »
Add Reply