Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bad Days, Bad Moods, Bad Burgers; Open to all! ^-^
Topic Started: Jan 8 2016, 08:05 AM (1,230 Views)
CoreyImperia
Member Avatar
Chanel #7
[ * ]
JUNIPER COLTON: PREGAME START
Begrudgingly Juniper dragged her feet across the tiled floor in the hall leading into the school cafeteria, a place she generally avoided in favour of eating her lunch outside in the sunshine. Of all the days to forget your lunch Juniper, you pick today. Fab work girl, just fab, she thought, telling herself off. To dampen her usual plans further, the weather today had turned into something particularly unpleasant; lacking a jacket or anything to protect herself from the rain she scurried to reach the cafeteria’s warm and dry interior.

She continued, opening the double doors that separated her, the corridor, and the cafeteria. Her eyes shifted from one side of the room to the other, slowly gazing over the rows and rows of circular tables, many full, leaving her little space to sit. Despite her generally social self, Juniper was feeling particularly blue today and just wanted to grab a quick bite to eat before returning to her regularly scheduled school day. She noticed a few faces among the crowd, but she was still early for lunch. To the other side, the queue to the food was relatively short; she noticed the sign, today was burger day apparently. Well, whoop, I’m sure vegetarian burgers are going to taste better than gloop, right?

Juniper set her sights on the end of the queue, weaving her way through the jungle of bags, chairs, and students. Paying little attention to any waves or motions that she encountered. She hurried her pace, causing her to stumble over someone’s backpack. She quickly recovered, only turning to apologise before she continued on her quest for lunchtime sustenance.

Finally arriving and filing in at the back of the queue, she wondered what the rest of the day had in store for her, especially whether or not she’d get out of this mucky lump she found herself wallowing in. Lunch at the cafeteria usually sucked but getting a vegetarian lunch at it was a whole other mission. You were always sure they’d have something for their clientele with special dietary requirements, but you weren’t always sure that it was edible. No offence to the cooks of course, not completely anyhow. At least burger day wasn’t the worst Cochise had to offer her. Tofu tacos had to be the literal worst, literally.

Finally reaching the server, she spoke softly. “Vegetarian, please.”

The lady smirked, placing a sloped-together burger containing shrivelled lettuce, bruised tomato, and what she thought must’ve been a combination of mashed pumpkin and potato pounded together into a misshapen patty. Juniper smiled back, well, sort of; she tried at least. Making a heavy walk to an empty seat beside a rain-splattered window, she perched herself in the chair, placing her books and iPhone on the table next to her tray. Curious, she opened the burger for closer inspection.

They always forget the fucking mayo…
Version Six:
Lani Salder
“I’m just like everyone else.”
PREGAME: Past: {1} {2} / Present: {1} / Sadie Hawkins: _
V6: _

Juniper Colton “Hiya! Would you like to try one of our latest massage bars?”
PREGAME: Past: {1} / Present: {1} / Sadie Hawkins: _

Madison Blanche “Well, at least you tried.”
Currently in conception

F is for Friends who do stuff together

A wild recipe appeared!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CoreyImperia
Member Avatar
Chanel #7
[ * ]
Juniper’s head shot up from staring blankly at the slab of ‘food’ on a tray in front of her. There was someone standing beside the table in a bright yellow sweater. Wrapped up in warm clothes, Juniper knew that she had made much better outfit choices today, but she wasn’t jealous of whatever the girl had. Her voice was raspy and broken, so even if Juniper wasn’t feeling it today and even if the weather blew massive chunks, at least she wasn’t sick on top of it all.

Juniper opened her mouth to speak, but…nothing. At a loss, Juniper tried to collect herself, but in all honesty, she genuinely wasn’t sure who was speaking to her. She found herself momentarily stunned. Shit gurl say something! You’re looking like a total div!

Finally, after an elongated and super awkward pause, with an equally awkward stare to match, she managed two words. Two utterly prolific words. “Of course!”

Scratch that, you are a total div, Juniper.

Distracted by her internal monologuing, she continued to stare blankly and gawkily at Lily until she’d come back to her senses. After noticing her mind wandering off, Juniper knew she had to speak. And in the incredibly minute chance that she hadn’t totally botched her chances of conversation and the girl was actually willing to stay and sit, she would love another companion right now. “So, um, I don’t think we’ve really met? I’m Juniper. How’re you? Everything chill?”

Another voice and body suddenly appeared behind the pair of them; Okay. At least I know this one, she told herself. Juniper turned to face Alvaro.

“Yaaas! More the merrier! Now it’s like a party, except the food’s shit and there’s no music…”
Version Six:
Lani Salder

Currently in conception

A wild recipe appeared!

CoreyImperia
Member Avatar
Chanel #7
[ * ]
You asked a girl if she’s chill when she looks like she’s the feeling the wrong kind of chill and it’s cold af outside? Get rekt Juniper, get rekt.

As Alvaro sat beside Lily, the small wave and shared smile stuck in Juniper’s head. There’s something there, isn’t there? At risk of seeming more absentminded then she had been already, she tossed the fleeting thought aside for now, choosing to focus on the conversation that had arisen from three acquaintances, horrid rain, and negative-star quality grub.

Picking at the food on her tray, she responded to Lily’s question by elaborating on Alvaro’s observation. Juniper did enjoy visiting Vacnti’s, and was very impressed at the efforts Alvaro made in remembering her super-elaborate orders. “Yeah! Oskar and I go there heaps; they do a really good coffee!” It began to come to her attention that she had been a touch less proactive in seeing and meeting people of late, and her feeling a little blue wasn’t really an excuse. She needed to change that, Well, I might as well start now.

Reaching into her cat satchel, she revealed a small package wrapped in cellophane: a small punnet containing a white cream, though it had a slight green tinge to it. Juniper placed it in front of a sickly Lily and smiled excitably. “This is a tester pot of our new, currently unnamed, triple mint moisturiser,” Juniper began. “The strong minty smell has a cleansing quality for sore muscles and blocked noses, so I think it’d help you out a bit in pushing past whatever you have! I've plenty at home, and no ones likes being sick.”

She closed her satchel and pushed her tray away, not wanting to scavenge for edible parts through the gloop on it any longer. “What’s everyone doing today?”
Version Six:
Lani Salder

Currently in conception

A wild recipe appeared!

CoreyImperia
Member Avatar
Chanel #7
[ * ]
“All good, Lily!” Juniper noticed Lily’s face glistening a rosy colour as she turned the container over. “Don't mention it! Oh, and the moisturiser is completely made from organic products, so yaaass environment!”

Working at the local body cosmetics store, Bodylicous, carried its perks certainly. Whenever new or limited edition products were introduced, the staff got to take home samples with them. They were also encouraged to share the products with friends to get as much feedback on the items as they possibly could, to see if they're ready and viable for sale. Of course, they weren't allowed to reveal certain details, but it didn't stop Juniper sharing: it promoted sales and she wanted to help Lily’s ailment in any way she could. She was pleased to see her accept the gesture; Juniper knew it came out of practically nowhere, but hey, making nice makes friends.

Taking in the replies, Juniper nodded. “I won't be much help to either for any of that, soz.” Juniper opted out of calculus specifically for her struggles with math in her junior year, and as a senior, she wouldn't have the right notes to provide Lily. “I've got a few hours at Bodylicous after school, but beyond that, I've probably gotta start some planning for yearbook articles. I'm really just looking forward to a nice warm tea when I finally get home.”

There was still plenty of time in her lunch period before English to continue her conservation. She was taking a quick liking in Lily, despite it being based off nothing more than sharing gestures of kindness. It was also nice to Alvaro in a context other than the café too.

She both heard and saw a sudden adverse reaction to the Mexican candy Alvaro had attempted to ingest. Juniper found herself letting out a little giggle; she wasn't malicious about it, but found it humorous he'd eat them knowing full well about the chilli, unless of course he'd been paying attention to something other than her words. Little less staring and a little more listening, Alvaro.

”Yaaaass Lily! Thanks!” Juniper picked up one of the straws, took a quick whiff, and indulged. The chilli was quite intense at first but it calmed down quickly enough for her to enjoy the watermelon goodness. She didn't think she'd actively seek out the straws for herself anytime soon, but they were tasty enough for her to enjoy them.

“Where'd you get the scarf from, Lily? I've noticed you fiddling with it, and it's so gorgeous!”
Version Six:
Lani Salder

Currently in conception

A wild recipe appeared!

CoreyImperia
Member Avatar
Chanel #7
[ * ]
Softly humming the tune to Love is an Open Door, Juniper watched the exchange between Lily and Alvaro about her spicy watermelon treats with an eye of amusement and adoration. It’s kinda adorable when I think about. In some ways, the interaction, with its undertones of cuteness and concern, made her a little uneasy. Her idea of relationships was still very much tainted in her mind thanks to a certain someone, no doubt the root of her issues with today. I’ve changed my mind. I’m over it.

At first, Juniper couldn’t believe Lily had made the scarf herself; Juniper didn’t know the first thing about knitting, but knew it took time. She loved the colour about it the most, and it seemed to split up the yellow in Lily’s outfit well, as well as standing out as its own accessory. “It looks fabulous, Lily. Anything I knitted would probably look more like that mangled ‘thing’ on my cafeteria tray.” Juniper just glanced over at the vegetarian burger, briefly. Nope. I won't let it go this time. It would’ve at least been edible with the fucking mayonnaise.

Following her thought, Juniper noticed Lily bite into her burger. She mouth the word ‘brave’ to Lily, just as she noticed the slight pause after the first taste. Returning to the subject of clothing, Juniper asked, “Did you knit the beanie and sweater too?”
Version Six:
Lani Salder

Currently in conception

A wild recipe appeared!

CoreyImperia
Member Avatar
Chanel #7
[ * ]
“Well… He split quickly.”

Alvaro seemed like quite the…oddball. While Juniper could understand being lost in the beauty of another, totally forgoing specific information they'd given when it centralises around their kindness and a spice you were particularly adverse to? Today definitely didn't seem like his day. I don't think Lily will be taking that exit too well, and he's not doing himself any favours with his selective hearing. She returned to their knitwear conversation, choosing not to dote on Alvaro’s actions or Lily’s beauty…at least for now.

“That's just…wow. You're just a tad amazeballs, aren't cha?” Juniper’s face lit up; again, it being a picture of joy and excitement. It was a face that she had shown quite frequently since her trip to the cafeteria, one that she thought she wouldn't be showing at all today. It looked as though their lil’ meet n’ greet was cheering her up much more than she had ever expected it too. In fact, she was struggling to remember what was making her so bummed out to begin with, y’know, besides the totally cruddy weather. Juniper was growing very fond of one Miss Lily Caldwell.

Holy shit. Don't pause again, you know how grand that worked out last time! I'm super surprised she hasn't left yet due to your completely and utterly undeniable weirdness. It drove that Alvaro kid of quickly enough after all.

“Lily,” she began in a softer tone, one trickled with a sentimentality that differed greatly from her sarcastic thoughts and general excitation that Lily had been exposed to today. “I wanted to thank you for asking to sit with me today, and not totally freaking and darting off when it took me forever and a day to respond to you.

“You've given me a lil’ boost that spun my day around, and, like, you're, uh, fantastic company,” Juniper’s nerves were starting to show, as well as a little redness in her checks; the emotionality she was conjuring was crystal clear.

“I hope I'm not too tiring!” She added, with a laugh and a rub to the back of her head, trying to downplay the tenderness that she expressed before in an attempt to stay ‘cool’.
Version Six:
Lani Salder

Currently in conception

A wild recipe appeared!

CoreyImperia
Member Avatar
Chanel #7
[ * ]
((Have permission from Yugikun to skip him the queue while Alvaro’s in the bathroom. He’ll let me know when Alvaro’s going to rejoin.))

“No probs!” Juniper giggled.

She didn’t add anything else, but the decision to let Lily join her for lunch was pretty easy. Juniper needed a little pick me up to get over her emotion-plagued, stress-induced mind, and making a friend at the same time was a massive bolster. It didn’t really bother Juniper that Lily was sick either; she’d rather the girl sit with her and try to enjoy the company of an overactive, excitable Juniper than have her sit alone any day.

As her giggle dissipated, Juniper noticed Alessio hurrying over to their table. Al! I hope he’s got more pictures of his cats! He did, however, take place in the temporarily vacant chair where Alvaro’s bag rested. Luckily for him, the cafeteria tables generally sit more than three people, so all he’d have to do when Alvaro returns from…wherever the hell he went…was shift over a sit, or move Alvaro’s bag to the vacant seat beside him.

“Hiya Alessio! I’m doing pre’ swell. Thought I’d grab lunch before English, though the vegetarian burgers are, well… exhibit A.” She pointed swiftly to her tray, sitting as far away from her on the table as possible without getting in the way of the others. “How have you been? Whatcha drinking?”
Version Six:
Lani Salder

Currently in conception

A wild recipe appeared!

CoreyImperia
Member Avatar
Chanel #7
[ * ]
Coffee… Juniper grew a bitterness in her mouth, not at the sound of the word or the imagining of the beverage; on the contrary, she lurved coffee. It just helped her recall the level of stupidity that she had served herself today. The cafeteria had certainly warmed her up since her arrival, but noticing Alessio sip on the warm, delectable, caffeinated infusion made her more than a tad jealous. She contemplated using her cheek and charm into swiping a cup, but didn’t know if Alessio had anticipated sharing and brought anything else to pour it into. Nah, it’s all good. You don’t need it, Juniper. Not worth any added annoyance or stress.

She noticed too that everyone had been having a different experience with the burgers today, and hers had been the worst, or so it seemed. Juniper had exiled the muck on her tray to the opposite side of the table; Lily had reluctantly continued to feast, presumably because her sickness; Alvaro had chomped on a jam sandwich before his dash away; and Alessio seemed…content with it, for some unapparent reason. Maybe she was just being dramatic. There ya go mum, just like you wanted.

Juniper was starting to ponder where exactly Alvaro had fled to; she assumed the bathroom was the most obvious place, to wash out his mouth, but he’d been gone for a little while now. His bag still lay underneath the throne claimed by Alessio, and she didn’t really want their to be an awkward motion when he returned. She went to get up, then paused.

“Um… Should I, like, move Alvaro’s bag to the spare chair, or just wait ‘til he gets back?”
Version Six:
Lani Salder

Currently in conception

A wild recipe appeared!

CoreyImperia
Member Avatar
Chanel #7
[ * ]
“Yay! Looks who’s back guys!” Juniper exclaimed, pointing to Alvaro whom was removing lettuce that had fallen from Alessio’s burger from his seat. She presumed his absence had something to do with his selective hearing with Lily’s spicy candy.

“You ran off pretty quickly, Alvaro. Something to do with the chilli, I’m guessing?” She wasn’t expecting an elaborate response because she knew he was feeling a little awkward, but felt that he’d feel better after briefly explaining and Lily would feel better knowing that it wasn’t anything she did. Not that she wanted to cause unnecessary duress or anything.

Glancing over into the distance, the weather hadn’t seemed to improve at all; perhaps marginally, but the rain was still steady, and the puddles, from what little she could discern from the cafeteria windows, hadn’t decreased in sized. At least her company was good. Meeting someone new helped bolster her mood in ways she didn’t think would do so today. And it was good to see Alvaro and Alessio doing well, aside from Alvaro’s anxiety flaring up a bit; she was most familiar with him in passing, but knew enough about him and had encountered him enough times for her to pick up on a few things.

Snapping out of her daze, Juniper began to dream of getting home after work today; there’d be a lovely cup of tea and her beautiful Sebastian waiting for her. Which reminded her of Alessio and his pets, spurring her to ask “How’re Massimo and Michelle doing, Alessio?”
Version Six:
Lani Salder

Currently in conception

A wild recipe appeared!

CoreyImperia
Member Avatar
Chanel #7
[ * ]
With her sneeze and effort to cover her nose and mouth following it while she scrambled for tissues, Juniper returned to a thought she had earlier when the pair met. And sure enough, she was still very, very glad to not have whatever Lily had been struck with.

She took in Alessio’s response, and smirked at his attempt to play the whole lettuce thing ‘cool’. “That’s great news! Sebastian is doing very well; we’ll have to have organise a playdate for the three of them soon!”

Alvaro had responded to her question, and immediately, she felt bad for putting him in such a position. Juniper’s assumption was accurate, and it seemed as though he was in fear of a reaction from Lily. He’s definitely a strange one, I’ll give him that, she thought to herself. No probz with that; join the club!

Juniper heard a distinctive noise escape her bag, albeit muffled. Rummaging through it, she retrieved her cell phone. Lighting up the screen caused a smile to light up on her face; she’d been looking forward to hearing from Oskar all day, especially since new stock was arriving at work tonight and she was ready to sneak him some of their more premium wares.

Putting the phone away, Juniper rose her head to speak to the group. “Hey guys, it’s been totes cool and all, but I’ve gotta bounce. I have an Oskar to attend to.” Turning to Lily, she rose, tempted to give a parting hug, but resisting the urge because of her want to not get sick. “It was lovely meeting you, Lily. And fantastic to see you both again, Alvaro and Alessio. Chat soon, yeah?”

((Juniper Colton continued elsewhere…))
Version Six:
Lani Salder

Currently in conception

A wild recipe appeared!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Cafeteria · Next Topic »
Add Reply