Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
My Friends Are Assholes; [Private/PM for entry]
Topic Started: Dec 30 2015, 07:44 PM (2,298 Views)
Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Jeremy Frasier, continued from Be Like The Bluebird))

Hi! I’m Jeremy. I made it a new year's resolution of mine to keep an accurate journal of what I did during 2015. Mostly to help with my writing skills. If I write down how I feel about things then I might be better at remembering them so I can be better at having characters react to things realistically. I hope that this actually works out, although knowing me I’m probably going to forget about this by March. Here’s hoping I don’t, though!

Jeremy was on the bench, flipping through the pages of his journal. His new year's resolution was actually going pretty good so far; he hadn’t forgotten about it yet, and it wasn’t a chore for him to write in it. If he was bored, either in class or during lunchtime, he could open it up, start writing, and the time flew by. It made many a boring maths class actually bearable. Didn’t really help with his writing skills that much, but it was nice to have somewhere to write down his feelings. He flipped to the first empty page, and was about to start writing. He’d probably get a sentence or two down before Darius came back and explained what the fuck was actually going on.

Basically, what happened was when he was trying to break free of his Maths class when the bell rang when Darius came up behind him and asked him to go to the Green Belt while he got some other people. Darius was kind of an asshole, but he actually seemed kinda distressed so Jeremy decided to be nice and do as Darius said. It wasn’t like he had anything else to do anyway. Plus, it allowed a little bit of time to himself to write some stuff down. He went to his pockets, and took a pen out. He tried to think of a neat way to introduce his entry.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh, wait. There was Darius. Jeremy looked up from his journal. He was talking to a girl from his year; Fiyori, it seemed. Jeremy knew her. Little loopy, little snarky, liked to party; Jeremy remembered her being at the party he went to the other night. Anyway, Darius kinda just gave him a hand signal and turned back to Fiyori. Jeremy guessed that Darius wanted him to stay here, which was fine by him. So long as this wasn’t like, a prank where he made Jeremy waste his lunch sitting on a ben- wait no that would be fine as well, Jeremy had the journal to put his focus on. Only real situation that would get him to leave was if like, Cadeyn or Adelaide came. Other than that he’d totally be fine with whatever happened.

For now though, Jeremy focused back on his journal, clicking his pen and pressing it against the paper. He then placed his hand above the paper; the sun was beating down on it and reflecting light right into Jeremy’s eyes, which kinda made it hard for him to see what he was writing. Now that he had shade, he started to write.

So today I’m writing this outside since Darius chased me during Maths and told me to wait here during lunch.

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And then Jerry Fury jumped on the table, laying down on top of it. Jeremy jumped back a little in surprise, but chuckled a little bit. Forget what he thought back at the cafeteria, Jerry was totally great at unintentional comedy. Dude had barely any restraint at all, and it resulted in him doing crazy stuff around the school without any irony to it. If Jeremy was in a class with Jerry and Jerry opened his mouth, he’d stop doing what he was doing and watch, knowing that it was probably going to end up a trainwreck for someone.

Problem was though that today, Jerry’s presence seemed to be a trainwreck for him. Jerry was on the table and on top of his journal. Jeremy tugged a bit at it, but it wasn’t moving and if he used more force, it was likely that he’d tear the journal. He tried moving it again before he realised that Jerry asked him a question.

“No idea what this is supposed to be. Darius just came up to me during Maths and was like “yo dude I need you to come down here at lunch” and I had nothing better to do so I came.”

Then Fiyori and Darius came over. Fiyori said hi. Jeremy said hi back.

“Other than me being brought to this super ominous meeting far away from where I usually sit, I’m doing pretty fine. You?” He then realised that Jerry had changed his position, and Jeremy managed to take the journal from under him. He checked the pages. They weren’t ripped. Good. Darius offered him some bubble gum but he refused, waving his hand. Gum wasn’t really something he was really interested in.

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
“It’s cool.” Jeremy said quickly to Jerry, before placing the notebook in his bag. It was true, so long as the thing was undamaged by the end of the day, Jerry could have like, farted on it and he’d still be fine with that. He’d have to hold the journal away from him for a bit when writing until the smell went away, but so long as it didn’t smell like shit forever then he’d probably be okay with that. Then Fiyori replied to him, saying that it was probably going to be a good day for her. The same was for Jeremy, really, although it was more of a neutral anticipation than a positive one. He really had no idea what was going to happen here.

“Same here, I guess. You have any idea of what’s happen-” oh fuck no

Cadeyn Miller preceded to walk onto the scene, the same way she always did. Normally Jeremy would spare a few thoughts towards the person but… No. Best not to think about her. Just pretend she’s not there and you’ll be fine, Jeremy.

“-ing here?” Jeremy finished his sentence quickly, although there was a little bit of a small stop. It wasn’t that long, less than a second, probably; but it was there. He hoped that nobody picked up on it.

And then Darius finally explained about what was going on. Apparently he lost his “Nintendo” at the party last night. Well, whatever happened to it, Jeremy had nothing to do with it. He was kinda just sitting down by himself waiting for the thing to be over; not to say he didn’t like the party or anything, but there really wasn’t much that he could do there besides dance and Jeremy didn’t really dance. Still though, Jeremy might be able to help, although he’d need a little bit more information than that.

“What do you mean by “Nintendo”? That word alone can say a lot of things.”

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
“I have no idea what you’re talking about, Jerry.” Jeremy said blankly, loudly, staring out straight in front of him. “I don’t see what the problem is.”

Oh also Bradley came. He’d normally be someone that Jeremy would dislike on principle; someone who took their jokes way too far to the point where they were kind of a dick, kinda like Darius in a way. The difference between Bradley and Darius though was that Bradley was actually funny. Not laugh out loud funny, but he was someone that Jeremy could look at and chuckle a bit. Not really someone he interacted with but someone he could like.

And then Darius clarified what he meant by “Nintendo.” Apparently he lost his 3DS at the party and he thought someone here stole it. Well it wasn’t Jeremy, he had his own 3DS at home and it wasn’t like he needed another, so there wasn’t really any point in him being here. He got his journal and put it into his bag, and started to stand up.

“Well it wasn’t me who stole it, so there’s no real point in me being here. Bye.”

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
“Believe me,” Jeremy said, turning his head back towards Jerry slightly as he took a step away from the group. “Having known her for several years, I can say that you’re letting her off easy a little bit with that joke.” He looked around the grounds a bit, wondering where to go. He was likely just going to go to the cafeteria to eat his lunch there, but hey, he felt like having a little variety today. There really wasn’t any group in the school that Jeremy usually stuck with, but he felt like he was at least acquainted with most of the people at the school enough that he could suddenly join them without it seeming weird. Eh, who knew? He’d probably just go to the first group of people he found.

...Or at least, that was the plan until Fiyori decided to throw him under the bus for no reason. He would have just let it slide and continued heading off until Darius decided to believe her. He then threatened him to stay with… peanut butter? Was Darius going to cover his home in peanut butter if he left?? Was he going to sneak into his house and cover Jeremy in peanut butter??? So many questions. Not really worth staying here for, though. He quickly turned around towards Darius and responded.

“Nope, still not me. I wasn’t the one I saw stealing stuff from your house last night. Besides, why would I steal your 3DS? I already have one of my own so stealing someone else’s would be kinda pointless.”

He finished speaking, tried to see Darius’ reaction to his denial. Figuring that his reply probably wasn’t going to be enough, he decided to sit back at the table, sliding his bag off his shoulder and onto the ground behind him.

“Also… peanut butter? Please tell me how that’s a threat, because I'm drawing a total blank on what your plan is here.”

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]

Jeremy just stared blankly at Darius for a bit. Did he think that he was Phoenix Wright or something? Well, that’d explain how stubborn he was right now. Saying no to the face of direct proof, and always trying to fight so that he could find the true answer. Except, no. The true answer was right there. Jeremy just said it. He had done nothing during Darius’ party, and he had no fucking reason to have stolen his “beloved” 3DS. Jeremy turned to look at Jerry for a bit. Dude was apparently wondering if he was crazy, and Jeremy was wondering the same thing. Somehow, Jerry Fury was probably the sanest person on the table besides Jeremy. Actually, wait, there was Bradley, but he had done so little that Jeremy forgot he was here until now.

Jeremy turned his head back towards Darius. Seems like if he was going to get out of this without getting covered in peanut butter he was going to unhinge himself a little bit. Couldn’t beat crazy without an equal amount of crazy.

He raised his right hand towards his head, his middle and pointer fingers waggling around his forehead.

“Tut, tut, tut. It seems that you’ve forgotten some very important pieces of information, Mr. Van Dyke.”

God, he hoped that he was doing Edgeworth correctly. It had been a while since he had been able to play the games. Wait, didn’t they get ported to 3DS recently? Hmm, he might get that when he got home, it’d be a pretty good investment.

“Firstly, you seem to forget that I have an alibi. For most of the party, I was sitting on a chair by myself, surrounded by people. Any one of them can testify that I didn’t move from that chair the whole night. Secondly…”

He slammed his right hand against the table, hearing a thump...not quite reverberate across the grounds. Wood wasn’t really good for that, it seemed. Still hurt though, he could feel the pain in his hand. Ow.

“Mario Kart 8 is not for the 3DS. It’s for the Wii U. Now, Mr. Van Dyke, tell me why I would steal something I don’t need for a game for a console that I don’t even have?”

He flashed a grin, before doing a mocking bow. Hopefully it would convince Darius’ backwards head that he didn’t steal the 3DS.

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]

Okay, so it was official. Darius was an idiot. He was taking everything everyone else said at face value, and Jeremy was suffering because of this. He hadn’t moved a muscle during that party, and everyone there knew it. Darius was just so saddened by the loss of his beloved 3DS that he wasn’t even considering actual evidence or anything. He was just going to assume that Jeremy took the 3DS, not minding that Jeremy already had one, he wouldn’t have needed to take one for a Wii U game, and that Fiyori was just pulling shit out of her ass if it was convenient in the case towards him. It wasn’t fair. This wasn’t a court of law. This was a witch trial. Evidence didn’t matter here, all that mattered was someone saying something and it’d be immediately considered the truth.

And now he knew what to do, if he wanted to get Darius to actually consider what he was saying.

“Objection!”

He pointed his finger forward, straight at Darius, before slamming his hands onto the table again. Still a bad idea, but his hands didn’t hurt as much this time. Maybe because he knew it’d happen this time, he didn’t know.

“Okay. I’ll confess. I was up and walking last night, but it wasn’t because I was trying to steal the 3DS. Like I said, already have one, don’t need another one.”

He considered the next part of his story. Who should he shift the blame onto? The person he actually saw stealing stuff last night? Or Fiyori, who threw him under the bus for seemingly no reason?

He considered the options for a bit. Revenge won out over Justice.

“I was up walking last night because I saw Fiyori steal stuff from the party. Just small things, mind you. Food, books, those sort of things. I was going to go up to her and call her out on it, but I got blocked by a group of people and I lost her before I had the chance to catch her.”

Okay, story was going good. No holes that he could see, and it made sense. Just needed to add the cherry on top to shift blame.

“Before I lost her, however, I distinctly saw her stuff a 3DS down her pockets! She’s the actual culprit!”

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And then everybody decided to get all up in Jeremy’s face to make him uncomfortable. Cadeyn leaned up way too close to his face, and when she was doing that, it became that much harder for Jeremy to ignore her like he had been doing for the past three years. Fiyori fucking lept at him from the side as a result of his accusation. Maybe his random accusation could have actually been correct? Who knew? Who cared? He knew he didn’t. Only reason he was still here in the first place was because Darius was fixated about him being the killer and if Jeremy didn’t prove his innocence Darius would cover him in peanut butter in the middle of the night. God, the horror. He’d have to wash himself before he went to school instead of during the night. Darius also decided to get close, and stroked his hand through Jeremy’s hair. Not that it’d really do anything, Jeremy never styled his hair and it always stayed in the brown curly blob it was, but it did a bit more to make Jeremy creeped out.

He was pretty sure he heard counterpoints to his arguments as well, but at this point they were wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too close for comfort and he decided that he was going to get some breathing room before he continued his case. Adjourning the court, in a way. So he grabbed the part of the table to the right of him, and slid over to Jerry and Bradley, who right now seemed to be the only sane people on the table.

“Hi guys please protect me,” he whispered to the both of them. At least with Jerry in front of him Cadeyn couldn’t get up close to his face again.

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And nobody moved in front of his face this time. Thank god. He was a bit worried there that all three of them would just move next to him again and then he’d have nowhere to go. He was surprised that didn’t happen, to be honest. The people around him were juvenile enough for that to be a possibility. He was happy it didn’t, though, then he probably would have had to duck under the table and even then that was likely to not accomplish anything. Jerry and Bradley even offered to protect him. Sweet, he had his own mercenary army now. Well no, not really, but- ooh actually that was a useable concept. A kid in a school who had a mercenary army of other students might work in a story. Not Mark Masters, though, so he’d have to push it aside for a bit. Keep it in the mind for later.

He turned back over to the other group, knowing that Darius was likely going to accuse him again, when he saw Fiyori reaching into her bag and grabbing something out of it…

“Wait, my random accusation was correct?”

And it was, it seemed. Darius took his 3DS and started cradling it in his hands, clearly happy that he had it back. He then proceeded to bring it up to his lips and - nope, seriously not making this up here - kissed it on the lips, before hugging it. Jeremy’s eyebrow raised, and he just kinda blankly stared at Darius for a second.

“Um…”

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And then everybody just decided to leave at once, leaving Jeremy alone on the bench. Did he smell, or something? He checked his armpits. Nope, still smellless as normal. Everyone here just seemed to be an asshole.

Welp, there was that story over. That was a total waste. At least now he could talk to some actual cool people. He’d have to find out a little bit more about Fiyori later, to see what that kiss meant, but otherwise he could forget this ever happened.

((Jeremy Frasier, continued in Mass Destruction))

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Grounds · Next Topic »
Add Reply