Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
My Friends Are Assholes; [Private/PM for entry]
Topic Started: Dec 30 2015, 07:44 PM (2,312 Views)
Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Caedyn Miller Continued From Hecate on Roman Halloween))

God she was worn out from that party last night. Not because of booze, or drugs, or whatever, her parents would kill her if she came home fucked up like that...not that she'd tell anyone here that, she had a mystique to keep up. It also definitely wasn't from dancing or chatting or staying up too late or whatever like usual. No, Caedyn was worn out because of the sheer fucking mind-numbing boring that had been a Darius van Dyke party.

For a guy with such a quirky, interesting name, she was sort of expecting more, y'know? But put a gun to her head and she couldn't tell you what happened last night, the malaise of the whole thing had just bled together into one droll ball of suck. Some people might say it just wasn't her scene, but if it wasn't for her it wasn't a scene, period. That was just the sad reality people less interesting than her needed to get used to, and the sooner they accepted it the better.

She figured Darius was somewhere on his five step path to that acceptance when he texted her about "something shiny" being outside and for her to come meet him immediately. His sense of drama was about as sharp and breathtaking as his hosting abilities, but she was intrigued. Was he offended? Entranced? Did he want to get her know her better? Was he about to declare his undying, total, immovable love for her divine, enlightened being? Knowing him(and after a few hours around him, she had a pretty good idea that she'd picked up literally everything there was to know), it wouldn't be anything anywhere near that fun or exciting to squash. A girl could dream, though.

The area Darius had staked out for them to meet at lunch seemed a little...packed. She couldn't decide if that was a good thing or a bad thing, or maybe an indifferent thing because she'd gotten here late and he'd got cold feet or whatever. That last option quickly eliminated itself when she noticed him staring at one of the few resident class clowns. It was so cute how some people went for laughs to get attention. She guessed they didn't realize that laughs were cheap, and gasps are what a true performer longs for. That in mind, Jerry didn't get much of her attention despite his elevated position. No one did, really, except for Darius, who she made a quick, bouncy beeline for to try and figure out what in Ja's name he was doing distracting her. "Heeeeey, party people," she purred as she wandered up beside him to the table, "what'd I miss?"
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jerry said something in one of those stupid, cringey voices people think sounds British because they're peasants with no respect for the art of stagecraft. Something about gum, or...fuck it, she wasn't going to try and piece it out right now, that hot mess was not her problem. Darius had either produce a good excuse, or legitimately have something shiny for her, because this place was quickly getting crowded with losers. Oh, how to categorize the lame?

First, there was the dumbass on the table who didn't need anymore attention. Then there was Jeremy, who would look even cuter in fishnets now than when they were dating during her goth phase, but sadly was probably even less inclined to follow her suggestions now than he was then. Couldn't hurt to try, maybe? She'd have to make a point of cornering him for that later and testing the waters a bit, it'd make a fun story to dish to Jazzy and Olly later.

Fiyori was also hanging around, and for some reason she had candy. She was pretty quickly piecing together that Darius had gotten everybody here through one bribe or another. She didn't really know much about Fiyori, other than it was nice to have another giant chick around the school. Did people assume they were friends? Should they be friends? Mooore than friends? Her hair was looking pretty cute today, and Jazzy had a thing for the tall ladies. Possibilities, possibilities...

That delightful line of thought was broken by the always disappointing appearance Bradley "I fucking swear this never fucking happens, fuck" Floyd. Ja, if she'd know he'd be at that party last night, it would definitely have been a sure sign to stay far, far away. Total mood killer. She wondered if he'd be able to look her in the eyes yet, or if he was still just fucking fascinated with walls whenever she came around.

The stage was set, the cast was in place with a few missed cues, and the dramatic reveal was on the table to start the second act. The only problem was, this script was shit. Once Jeremy's questions clarified what Darius was after, she couldn't help but start giggling and slowly backing away from the table. "Okay, well, have fun figuring that out." As she turned around, she did her best to catch Bradley's eye and give him the most pitifully sympathetic look she could throw on.
SotF Characters

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Caedyn was just about done with this silliness, until Darius chose to get into her face. Well, as close as he could to her face. It was more like her chest, considering she had nearly a solid foot of height on him. Still, she had to have some mild respect for his guts, trying to get up and give her the tough guy act despite the clear disadvantage and lack of fucks at play against his favor. It was kinda cute, really. That's why she decided to indulge him by leaning down until their eyes met. It's also probably why she decided to hold his gaze for a few moments without a word. It was definitely why she decided instead of speaking, to give his nose a quick lick.

She spun around giggling before she got a chance to see his response. "Darius, honey," she said sweetly, " if I had your...whatever you're looking for, I already would have done that to it, and it would be mine now." She was feeling eccentric today, eccentric was fun and unpredictable and a great way to make up for all the lame and waste of time that was last night. "But," she said with a tilt of her over her shoulder just long enough to catch his eye with a wink, "I only claim things that interest me, and I've already, like, forgotten what you're looking for, so that's a bust, yeah?" She'd let him mull the implications of that in his head for awhile. She certainly wasn't going to clarify them, mostly because she had no idea what they were. Sometimes things just sort of rolled out of her head and it was more fun to let them go than stop and think or reason or consider their consequences.

Bradley seemed like he was trying to get her attention for something. There was a sloppy, obvious premature ejaculation joke in there that was just the kind of thing that had drawn her to him until she realized instead of being ironic, he was being surprisingly honest about his capabilities. She expected a little bit of shame, and maybe it was there, but he seemed to be encouraging it? Was that his deal? Was he...?

She'd drawn enough...creative...requests on her Deviantart page to know where this was going.

Ew.

Probably better to just ignore him and not engage him at all. That could be just as bad, but at least she tried to side-step whatever hot mess was brewing up in his head.
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jerry did that thing where he tried to make noises and draw everyone into the void of suck that was his life, and Caedyn did that thing where her ears stop working so she can ignore his sad attempts at social relevance. It was a good system, nice and efficient, they could probably keep it up until graduation and she only ever saw him again when she was low on gas in a bad neighborhood. Bradley also chimed in with his own running commentary, way too late, but he was so bad at it that it was kind of adorable? Wait, no. Bad thought that leads to very disappointing places. He was staying on the IGNORE list for now.

As far as people that were actually interesting and relevant, Fiyori seemed to be enjoying herself. Oooooh possibilities~ There was time for that later, though. Right now, she was busy casting suspicion towards Jeremy, who was still being a real asshole about the whole "breaking my heart and giving me trust issues forever" thing or whatever that happened all those years ago. Hmmmmm. She could have some fun here.

"Weeeell..." she said with exaggerated concentration, furrowing her eyebrows together like the most seasoned and dramatic of detectives, "Now that you ask, Jeremy did seem kinda uptight last night? Well, more than usual." She cocked an eyebrow Jeremy's way and tapped her index finger against the cleft of her chin. "And he's being awfully defensive. What's the rush, Jerebear?"

Really, she had no idea what happened tonight. She didn't even have a real clear picture of what Darius was looking for. But they were making Jeremy uncomfortable and promising to do something weird with peanut butter, so she was pretty sure she wanted in.
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Everyone was making a lot of noise, but none of it was very interesting. Jerry still seemed to think he was a relevant part of this conversation for some reason, which was weird because he wasn't even at the party...or was he? Whatever, it didn't matter, he was like one of those tiny, annoying dogs that got real bitchy when you didn't pay it attention. Maybe if they left him alone long enough he'd just start peeing all over the table? That'd be fun, she'd want to put a Pin in that one for later if it didn't work today.

Bradley was the first one to recognize how bad and weird Jeremy's defense was, but he was like, waaaaay to excited about the whole thing. To the point that she was now kinda legit suspicious that he stole whatever pointless thing they were arguing about. She didn't care about catching the culprit though, in fact it'd probably be way more entertaining to watch Darius go full detective for weeks driving himself nuts without any real leads. Besides, torturing Jerebear was amusing and it seemed to get on Fiyori's good side.

She let Bradley's flailing hang in the air for a little bit before clearing her throat. "So, uh, yeah. There's that, and there's also the fact that I totally saw you get up last night. I remember 'cuz I tried to get a Snap of you looking all adorably grumpy, but after I got my phone out of my purse, you were gone."

Caedyn would never clutter her carefully curated Snapchat with pictures of Jeremy at some lame party, but they didn't know that. Nobody here would appreciate the careful artistry of social media, they probably thought she just took random pictures of everything. It was a real burden being the most sophisticated, socially enlightened person in every room, but sometimes it had perks.
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Most of the suck in the room had quarantined itself off very appropriately. Caedyn guessed since Bradley was the only person acknowledging the gaping vacuum that was Jerry Fury trying and failing to function, he'd latched onto him like the world's worst parasite. Sadly, this probably wouldn't prove fatal to either the host or the parasite, but at least it kept them together and away from everyone else. That meant more time to destroy Jeremy's spirit!

At this point, he had to be getting pretty close to breaking down. When he tried to insist that Fiyori was the one who actually stole the 3D glasses or whatever they were fighting about, she giggled and shook her head. "Oh Jerebear, really? That's your excuse? You've already confessed to lying once, so why should we believe you now? Besides that, if you kneeew that Fiyori was the thief, why didn't you just say that instead of running away?"

It was a rookie mistake: if you're going to lie, know what you're lying about and always be lying. Life was way easier that way. Jerebear was just too innocent for that kind of thing, though, no matter what silly front he put up. It was one of the things that initially drew them together. Well, like, it probably wasn't, but she liked to think that it was because that was more poetic and romantic and fun than the boring old "we were in middle school and relationships started to a be thing so like why not?" answer. There was no sense of purpose or destiny there, so who cared if it's the truth? If the truth is boring, spice life up with a few lies so that new truths will be more interesting!

With a short skip forward she leaned up towards Jeremy's face and gave him a wink. "Come ooooon. What's the real story? Darius wants his thingie back and you're being, like, super rude about it."
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
When Jeremy decided to run away, Caedyn didn't say anything. Instead of chasing after him, she let out a little giggle and snuck her phone out of her vest pocket. As he huddled down on the table, she leaned over and started snapping pictures. "Evidence!"

She didn't bother taking time to explain. There was so much to do! Her phone was going to be put through its paces as she started darting through app after app, her fingers tapping feverishly at her phone the whole time. To those outside the know, she probably looked insane, but she didn't care. This was art, passion, existence, or like...something else important and eclectic or whatever, words, she was busy, okay? Jeremy might not have done whatever, but he was acting like he had, which meant that this just went from a fun distraction to a legit, juuuuuicy rumor, and her people would want answers from their girl on the scene, Ja?

Caedyn Miller @jaecae4real
#StickyFingers! somebody had a lil trubs keepin hands to himself l. nite...deets later! #scandal #nohedidnt #yeshedid
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

She attached the guiltiest looking picture in her bunch to the tweet and sent it out. That was salvo one. She still had to take this to Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat...

Oooh, she knew she was forgetting something! With a quick tab over she caught sight of Jeremy again and caught a half-assed picture to play with and Snap out. Maybe she'd give him one of those stupid, huge, handlebar mustaches, just to sell her point?
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
There was some stuff happening in a vaguely forwardish area, but like, she didn't really give a fuck? It probably wasn't important. Caedyn was wrapped up in spinning this whole thing as far as she could. The main problem was that she still had no idea what Jeremy was supposed to have stolen, but that'd be okay, she could keep things vague. Y'know, just in case he didn't take the thing Darius was hung up about, she could pretend she was talking about some other thing and keep the whole rumor mill going. It was always a good idea to keep this kind of operation nice and loose, so that nobody got too much information.

Caedyn turned away wordlessly, tapping furiously at her phone. By the end of the day, everybody would have heard about Jeremy's extracurricular interest in their shit.

((Caedyn Miller Continued In Screamer, Screamer, He's A Dreamer))
SotF Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · Grounds · Next Topic »
Add Reply