Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
F is for Friends who do stuff together; Make mean or make nice with Lani, Juniper, and Madison!
Topic Started: Dec 30 2015, 07:53 AM (842 Views)
CoreyImperia
Member Avatar
Chanel #7
[ * ]
Hiya everybody! I’ve been reading more and more around the place, and with my late arrival to the pregame of version six, I thought I better try make up for some lost time by building some relationships for my little kiddies. If anyone’s got any ideas, or anyone else is looking for anymore frands before things get heavy, let’s make it a thing! Feel free to fling any ideas you’ve got at me :3

Thanks for your time, everyone!

Super Duper Colour Code

Lani Salder
Sweet, Protective, Reserved, Impressionable

TL;DR
Lani is the eldest daughter (second eldest child) of a newly single mother working as a social impact analyst in Kingsman’s tourism industry; they’re financially stable because of her mother’s income, though Lani earns no money of her own. The family moved to Kingman a couple of years ago from Rapa Nui, some nearly 7,000 kilometres away. Lani took a while to get used to the new environment, and being placed in the public schooling system where she was alienated quickly because of how different she was. She adopts social codes and mannerisms from other girls at school, particularly the popular crowd while not being a part of it, and does whatever she can to maintain an image of your everyday teenager living in Kingman. She has eight years of experience in traditional dance as well as being a member of the hip-hop dance group at Cochise. Lani is also part of the Cochise swim team, and while average competitively at best, she enjoys it nonetheless. In addition, her spare time is spent updating her statuses and tending to her personal garden. She’s relatively zen and gets consistently good grades. After her mother left her abusive father, Lani vowed to never let herself get into a situation like that: she’s got a bit of a guard up that would take the right person to take down. Lani values fitting in and being a member of the social crowd above all else. Lani is sexually and romantically attracted to both men and women, but she is currently closeted; she is afraid that if people at Cochise find out, the reputation she’s been trying to build up will be ruined and she’ll become an outcast again.

Looking for:
  • Anyone that enjoys a bit of gardening here and there
  • Fellow swimmers
  • Other hip-hop dancers
  • Social media birds
  • Potential baes
  • Maybe anyone who helped her to fit into her new social sphere
  • Some enemies, perhaps even bullies

Current Relationships

Juniper A. Colton
Giddy, Extroverted, Idealistic, Sensitive

TL;DR:
Juniper is the only child of the manager of the local body cosmetics store, and head sectary at a local law firm. While their financial situation is relatively mediocre, Juniper has her own income working at the store her father manages. Both parents were born and bred in Kingman. Juniper is extremely close to her grandmothers, perhaps more so than she is to her actual parents. She has a massive, undeniable love of all things Disney, knowing several of the movies word for word and often styling her outfits and hair to mimic the princesses. Juniper has a supreme love of cats and is always carrying hand sanitiser and lip balm with her. At Cochise, she is a member of the cheerleading squad, the school choir, the yearbook committee, and the theatre club, where preferring to act or direct. Juniper is an avid tea drinker, a stout vegetarian, and can be found indulging in her love of Disney in her spare time. She is an average student, but excels most at music, drama, and English. Juniper herself identifies as bisexual, but she has only ever felt romantic attraction to men; her parents were initially disapproving of her bisexuality, seeing it as a cop-out, so they took a far bit of convincing, making Juniper somewhat argumentative and stubborn. After an atrocious break-up out of a venomous relationship, Juniper has developed serious trust issues surrounding the whole ‘relationship’ concept; she wouldn’t be looking for anything too serious right now, or she'd at least need to drop her guard first. Juniper is a person that someone would either really like or sincerely dislike; there’s no true neutrality when it comes it her.

Looking for:
  • Anyone that lurves Disney
  • Other smell-good people
  • Other cat lovers
  • Cheerleading buds
  • Theatre frands
  • Fellow choir chums
  • Potential baes
  • Would love some enemies for Juniper, either one-sided or mutual

Current Relationships

Version Six:
Lani Salder
“I’m just like everyone else.”
PREGAME: Past: {1} {2} / Present: {1} / Sadie Hawkins: _
V6: _

Juniper Colton “Hiya! Would you like to try one of our latest massage bars?”
PREGAME: Past: {1} / Present: {1} / Sadie Hawkins: _

Madison Blanche “Well, at least you tried.”
Currently in conception

F is for Friends who do stuff together

A wild recipe appeared!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My swimmer character Conrad, would probably know Lani (and might be a social media bird) and my fellow cat lover Alessio, would probably try to befriend with Juniper.

My character Darius is interested in gardening, but is a mean one. So I'm not sure how Lani and him would react to each other.

How does that sound to you? :D

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, Brendan is on the swim team so I think that him and Lani would be friends over that. He is also bisexual and he is open about it. He is a kind and a bit shy so maybe Lani would like him as a friend. What do you think?
Their Time Is gone

Spoiler: click to toggle

V7

In The Future
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CoreyImperia
Member Avatar
Chanel #7
[ * ]
@RemoteControl: Yay! :3

Conrad: Conrad and Lani have some strong similarities through their personalities in the sense they're friendly to generally avoid enemies and highly value their respective reputations. Both being on the swim team would give them regular meetings, and Lani would've added Conrad on Facebook immediately anyhow. She doesn't have strong political views, but in the sense of Conrad being impartial as to not irritate others is another common factor. Also, I reckon Lani would find Conrad quite attractive. They'd make good friends! I think they'd get along...swimmingly ^-^

Alessio: Juniper's never going to say no to a new friend, especially one that loves cats as much as she does. Juniper has Sebastian that she could always bring over, and loves caring for pets similarly to Alessio. If the orchestra and choir have regular interactions, then Juniper would also know Alessio through that. She's also super friendly and all about that enthusiasm. It sounds like they'd get along fabulously~

Darius: the dual interest is nice, and if he's knowledgeable about flowers, then he'd notice the kinds in Lani's hair and that might lead to some conversations. But his reputation would probably deter Lani from him, in the sense she wouldn't want to be influenced by his behaviour except if beneficial to her own reputation. And I'm not seeing Lani as a badass right now. There might be more of a neutrality here, but I don't think Lani would outright dislike Darius unless he had taken to picking on her.

@Primrosette: Brendan's shy nature would be appealing to her, as she tries to stick to a quieter crowd (avoids unnecessary attention, you see). Again, swim team equals regular meetings and if he's a user of social media, she would've added Brendan on Facebook. She wouldn't have any issue with his bisexuality. I agree, I think the pair would make good friends. :D
Version Six:
Lani Salder

Currently in conception

A wild recipe appeared!

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
All of these sound extremely awesome, especially the flower in the hair thing! I agree that Conrad and Lani would be swimmingly good friends. And I supposed the choir and the orchestra would do stuff together. Darius might be friendly to Lani, especially when he gets to know that she likes gardening and flowers as well.

CoreyImperia
Member Avatar
Chanel #7
[ * ]
I've added Conrad and Darius to Lani's relationships, and Alessio to Juniper's. If anything doesn't quite match up with what you're thinking or you want to flesh it out further, just let me know :3
Version Six:
Lani Salder

Currently in conception

A wild recipe appeared!

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh, that's good. I think Brendan and Lani will get along well. I will make sure to add Lani to Brendan's list of friends soon. : )
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

CoreyImperia
Member Avatar
Chanel #7
[ * ]
I've added Brendan to Lani's relationship list as friend, and I'll add a quote a little later. Again, if you had any further ideas, or something doesn't quite match what you had in mind, just lemme know ^.^
Version Six:
Lani Salder

Currently in conception

A wild recipe appeared!

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I have added Lani to Brendan's list as a friend/swimming mate. : )
Edited by Primrosette, Dec 30 2015, 12:14 PM.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I can't think of anything for Lani, but Jeremy Frasier likes Disney and owns cats and Ben is a fellow member of the drama club, although he's homophobic so if she doesn't like that that might be a problem. Would either of them go to Alvaro's cafe? Here's my relationship thread for a tldr of my people.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Posted Image

CoreyImperia
Member Avatar
Chanel #7
[ * ]
@Yugikun: whoop! More frands :D

Jeremy: They could definitely bond over Disney and cats; Juniper would be asking to see pictures of the felines he owns just to ogle over. It's great they're both friendly too. I see a potential clash in the fact they're both relatively stubborn, especially when it comes to arguments and stances on topics. While Juniper welcomes debate, she doesn't sway easily, and will try to continue the argument if she thinks she's in the right. I think they'd suit best as either acquaintances or slight enemies. What do you think?

Alvaro: Juniper is really good friends with Oskar Pearce, so she would have definitely met Alvaro through going to the cafe with him. As a fellow extrovert, Juniper would probably be drawn to Alvaro's enthusiastic nature and general friendliness. Though I don't think they'd have much more interaction than this, maybe leaving them best as acquaintances?

Ben: While they'd know each other through drama club, Juniper would dislike Ben on principle through his homophobia; one of her greatest pet peeves is when people use the words "gay" or "retarded" to describe ideas or situations because she thinks it problematic for those that would be adversely affected. If she ever heard him using those words, she'd actively call him out on it; it could be a potential one-sided dislike on Juniper's side otherwise. Though I'm sure she'd at least try to civil in drama club for the sake of the group.
Version Six:
Lani Salder

Currently in conception

A wild recipe appeared!

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jeremy would only have a debate with a friend if he blatantly believes they're wrong, and doesn't really hold grudges if it comes to a debate. Otherwise the rest of these are fine.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Posted Image

CoreyImperia
Member Avatar
Chanel #7
[ * ]
@Yugikun: I've added Jeremy, Alvaro, and Ben to Juniper's relationship list. If anything's out of place or you wanna go over anything, just hmu ^.^
Version Six:
Lani Salder

Currently in conception

A wild recipe appeared!

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think both Lani and Juniper might know Noah. Noah's in hip-hop club and theater club, so he might meet them both through those clubs. He's a cheerful and funny guy, so maybe they'll get along with him.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

CoreyImperia
Member Avatar
Chanel #7
[ * ]
@Laurels: Woot woot :D

Noah: Juniper would literally love this kid. He'd probably be one of the first people she'd go to when sharing the latest body care products from her work. They've probably worked together through the drama club, and although her skin's aversion to makeup might cause some casual frustration, I think they'd get along quite well, or Juniper would at least be making a serious effort to befriend Noah.

Because of Noah's talkative nature, Lani would generally let him lead any conversations they had; she's shy, but would definitely warm up to Noah because of his charm and humour. She would've been shy initially joining hip-hop dance, so his friendly nature would've helped her transition into the group. Lani loves performance art because of her experience with Kari Kari and the Easter Island performance festivals, and would be very interested in learning about what he does with drag (if, of course, that's publicised).
Version Six:
Lani Salder

Currently in conception

A wild recipe appeared!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply