Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ice Cream Truck Beat
Topic Started: Nov 8 2015, 06:59 PM (999 Views)
Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Daniel 'Danny' Brooks continued from Having Fun Isn't Hard.))

Work was boring. Work was sooo boring. Capitalism or whatever it was that made jobs and money necessary was balls. Why couldn't the world just be made in a way that let him dance or draw shit or whatever instead of standing here?

Danny tried not to look bored as he stood at the counter, staring at the metric shitload of ice-cream, because he'd gotten yelled at already today for being late to work. He didn't want to push his luck. But, as great a food as ice-cream was, it was very hard to look excited about it. Especially with no customers currently in the place.

He drummed his fingers against the counter and hummed a tune under his breath, before bouncing around a little on his feet. He was in a dancing mood, and it was making his feet itchy. It couldn't be that long until his break, could it? Could it?!

Oh my god, it had only been half an hour since he got there.

Time was the worst.
V6 Characters

V5 Characters
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Danny, upon hearing the door make that little tinkling noise of the door opening, stretched out his arms as though Oskar was a traveling water salesman in the middle of a desert. Or a camel. Camels had water inside them, didn't they? He should google it.

Oskar was cool. Super-cheery and bubbly and all that. Really good at all that cheerleading stuff, which was like one step off from dancing, so that made him cool. And okay, Danny might have mistaken him for a girl first time they met and mistakes--awkward, flirting mistakes--may have briefly spawned from that understanding, but that was water under the bridge. Or something.

"Thank god you're here. It's so empty here. I'm so bored. I'm dying. Entertain me or you'll be responsible for my death from boredom." Danny grinned and stopped the melodrama before leaning on the counter. "Seriously, what's up? Stuff good? You want some ice-cream? That's cool." After a pause, he digested his accidental pun and laughed. "Heh. 'Cool.'"
V6 Characters

V5 Characters

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Daily grind's always the worst. It's times like this I wish I had, like, some sort of weird watch that you spin it forward and time skips ahead." But if he did that, what would happen to the him that was skipped over? Would they just auto-work? Would they still be bored? Would his consciousness then murder the other one once time stopped skipping ahead? That was some fucked up shit. If people all had time-winding watches that would be cool, though.

His mind got back on track at the ice-cream order. "That's a good choice. Coming right up."

As he shuffled around to where the relevant ice-creams were, other people ended.

First one was Isaac. Isaac was a dick. Danny tried not to say this to his face, but he was a fucking dick. Sometimes he picked on Danny's brother, and that shit was not on. Danny was totally going to stand up against the brother-bulliers one day. One day. He just... needed to prepare.

"Hey." His tone came off as surly, so Danny coughed lightly and said, "I mean, hi!" And that sounded excruciatingly fake-happy. Fuck it.

Second person, Danny wasn't so familiar with. He'd seen her around, but he couldn't really recall where. Oskar filled in her name, thankfully.

"Hey, Candice. One chocolate coming right up, after I get Oskar's thing." After he said it, Danny recalled that Isaac had been there first, but fuck it, he should have been faster with his choices. Danny located the scoop and started serving up Oskar's ice-cream.
V6 Characters

V5 Characters

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Sweet, thanks." Like Danny was going to say no to a couple of extra bucks. That was like... two free things off a dollar menu. He could live on that for two thirds of a day. Screw you, threat of starvation.

Danny handed Oskar his ice-cream before starting to scoop up Candice's. As he did so, he tried for an friendly customer service smile at Isaac. "And sure. One chocolate chip cookie dough coming up." Bah. Why'd he have to have good taste in ice-cream flavours? Whatever. Danny was gonna be polite. He was gonna polite the shit out of Isaac.

He finished serving Candice's chocolate ice-cream as well and held it out. "Hey, here's your ice-cream. It's great. Eat and be merry."

V6 Characters

V5 Characters

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Danny saw Oskar briefly pouting about something, but combined with the family remark he figured it was just some sort of 'oh my god family hangouts are the worst' thing. Danny got that. Like, yeah, Danny's dad was alright but all he ever wanted to do was look at or talk about football and sometimes it's like 'dad, please, I'm busy trying to dance.'

“Alright. Later, dude!” Danny would have waved if he hadn't been busy finally scooping up Isaac's ice-cream.

He handed it to the dude and Isaac just walked out without any more words. Danny capped it off with, “Have a nice day!” Who got the last forced politeness word in? He did. Fuck yeah. Polite-ed the shit out of him.

He looked at Candice, the only one remaining in the store, before gesturing to the back. “Gotta do something in back, just ring the bell if you need anything else. Cool?”

He wandered into the back of the store, back to bemoaning the several hours until he could actually leave.

((Danny Brooks continued in Tank!))
V6 Characters

V5 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Diamondback Ice Cream Parlor · Next Topic »
Add Reply