Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Time To Open Up; Open to anyone :)
Topic Started: Nov 7 2015, 07:27 PM (778 Views)
Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((Brendan Harte continued from What A Day))

Brendan was sitting in one of the art classroom with one of his friends. He really wanted to be somewhere else at the moment. But he was in the company of Dorothy Shelley who was such a sweet girl. Besides he couldn't just leave her on her own. That would be very rude and impolite of him to do. He wasn't the type to abandon someone else.

Unlike his mother....

Brendan felt an urge of regret when he suddenly thought of her. He has to forget about her. He was lucky that he still have his father and his grandparents. He had to think of happy thoughts. He turned his head to look at his friend who was busy working on something. It made him want to do something as well.

Like come up with a new story. But he couldn't just get his notepad out in front of Dorothy. His writings were private. And the only person who knows about it was his friend, Bernadette. It was their little secret. And he had told her about it in confidence. Confidence.... He really needed to work on that more.

He decided that he should speak to Dorothy as he was being too quiet. And he didn't want things to be too awkwardly silent between them. He tapped his finger slightly on the table and he smiled a little.

"Hey, Dorothy. What are you making there? They look really pretty."
Edited by Primrosette, Nov 10 2015, 10:02 AM.
Their Time Is gone

Spoiler: click to toggle

V7

In The Future
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan glanced at the bracelet that Dorothy was offering to him. A friendship bracelet, huh? No one has even offered him something like that before. He thought that it was really sweet of her to do something like that. He kind of wished that he would share something with her too. But what? He hadn't really thought about it. Maybe something creative? A gift? Jewellery? Something she like? He wasn't sure as he was feeling indecisive about his choices. He would think of something later. Right now he was going to take her up on her kind offer. It made sense as they were friends anyway.

"Sure. I would love to have one. I think they are... um.... pretty cool. You're very talented at making them, Dorothy. I'm a little jealous." He chuckled softly as he waited for her to hand him one of the bracelets. "I've never made bracelets before. So I'm glad to see you at work with making them. Knowing me, I'll possibly be a bit... uh.... sloppy if I tried to do them myself."

He chuckled again. He wasn't trying to be hard on himself on purpose. He was trying to be as honest as he was known for being clumsy. Like the other day with Jae. But that was another story. And one he was trying to forget for now. He didn't want to think about that right now. He didn't want to be in a bad mood again. It wasn't worth it.

"Maybe you could teach me how to make them without me being too clumsy. Who knows?"

Brendan shook his head slightly before he gazed over at Bernadette and Ty. It looked like they were having fun together. That was good. He liked seeing those two happy. It was something that would always warm his heart. He wondered if he would someday be like that. In a relationship with someone. It would be nice. But he still had doubts for a good reason. Although, he tried not to think of the negatives of a relationship. He would always try to look at the positives of a relationship. It was hard to do. But seeing Bernadette and Ty.... Well, he could see the good side of them.

He turned his attention back to Dorothy and he could see that she was still concentrating hard on what she was doing. He didn't want to disturb her for a while. So he picked up his bag and he unzipped his bag. Hesitating as he stared at his notepad. Could he really build up his courage to show Dorothy? .....No. He couldn't.... He ignored the notepad as he got out his water bottle and he place the bag back down.

He let out a small sigh under his breath. He still wasn't brave enough yet.... Maybe one day in the future.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan was lost in thought for the moment and he was pulled out of it when Dorothy asked him a question. Did the bracelet fit on him? He glanced at the bracelet he hadn't even had time to put on yet. He felt a bit embarrassed for not putting it on yet. So he clumsily picked up the bracelet and he managed to put it on. He was careful about it. He didn't want it to break as he didn't want to make Dorothy upset. He studied the bracelet for a few moments. It didn't look that bad. He gave Dorothy a beaming smile.

"Yeah, it seems to fit perfectly, Dorothy. I'll try not to break it. I promise."

Promises were not really something he would do. But Dorothy is his friend and he wanted to be able to at least promise her something. Especially if it was about something that she loved to do. That's what friends were for. Right?
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((Sorry, guys. I'm going to post ahead to get Brendan out of the thread. It's a bit short so please bear with me.))

Brendan nodded in understanding as Dorothy didn't want to be distracted by his presence. He knew the feeling whenever people would look over his shoulder and ask what he was painting in Art class. It would make him uneasy as he would only be halfway through with a painting and he would have to tell them that it was not finished. It was a bit frustrating but he would have to deal with it.

"Sorry for being a disturbance, Dorothy." He was speaking quietly and then he remembered that he had something to do at home. "Oh, I have to get going, Dorothy. I would like to see that one finished another time. I'll see you later, Dorothy!"

He was in a rush to picked up his belongings and he made his way past Ty and Bernadette. He gave them both a warm smile and a small wave. "Thanks for hanging out with us, you guys. I hope it wasn't boring or anything. We should do this another time. See you later, Ty, Bernadette!"

And with that said, he left the classroom to continue his day.

((Brendan Harte continued in So Sorry For That, Man!))
Edited by Primrosette, Jan 22 2016, 08:28 AM.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · East Wing · Next Topic »
Add Reply