Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Time To Open Up; Open to anyone :)
Topic Started: Nov 7 2015, 07:27 PM (845 Views)
Leaf
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
PREGAME START: Dorothy Shelley

The art club was the best part of most days. It was a place where creative minds reunited while making their masterpieces. Art is a fun thing to do when trying to avoid the pressure of good grades or college admissions.

And it was exactly what Dorothy was doing. Having a break of her daily routine, not working on her assignments, and forgetting about school works, even for just an hour, stopped her stress from growing on her.

She was hunched over her working place. She braided her blue, yellow, and red strands of embroidery together while making sure the blue piece of tape wasn’t ripping itself off the table. Multitasking at its barest.

Even though she enjoyed making crafts, but doing it for more than ten minutes straight without a break took a toll on her neck. Dorothy put her left hand on the back of her head and twisted her neck until an audible crack resonated in her head.

She took the opportunity to admire her work. One bracelet was already over, for the most part at least, and she was already working on a second one.

A productive day in Dorothy’s world. While inspecting her work, a voice coming from her right side abruptly stopped her train of thought.

"Hey, Dorothy. What are you making there? They look really pretty."

It was Brendan Harte, she almost felt bad because she forgot he was sitting beside her for the whole time. Must have been awkward for him.

“Oh, those are friendship bracelets,” quietly answered Dorothy.

“Do you want one?”
Edited by Leaf, Nov 9 2015, 07:32 PM.
me by naft
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Leaf
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dorothy had to make a choice, quick. The bracelet that she gave birth to recently, or the unfinished yet better crafted that her first. She jotted down notes in her mind, about the pro's and con's of giving either bracelets. It was a rather awkward silence after Brendan finished his first sentence about how talented she was at making crafts. Dorothy beamed as she dropped her freshly baked bracelet in his palm.

"Uh... It's not finished, finished, but can wear it. It could break, though." Dorothy whispered in a hush toned, just realizing that Ty and Bernadette were with them in the art room. "If you need help to put it on, just ask me."

And she was again, lost in her mind, braiding and twisting the little strings of cotton into something she called pretty. Blue, red, and yellow. It wasn't her favorite colors, but it sure mixed well together when she tried hard enough to work it out. Next time, she will be prepared with her favorite colors: pink, baby blue, and white. The last one wasn't really a color, but Dorothy didn't care that much. If it was pretty, she liked it.

A word came back in her mind while she was working: teach. He asked about her teaching him how to do it, and she completely ignored that. She didn't trust her abilities in teaching something, being good at something does not make you an expert at teaching it. Well, in some cases maybe, but not in hers.

Dorothy heard a bag unzipping and she twisted in the direction of the sound. It was already over because Brendan was sighing with a water bottle in his hand. She obviously missed something important for him, but for her it wasn't. If he didn't want to talk about it, she won't even mention it.

"Did you check if you bracelet fit?"
Edited by Leaf, Dec 8 2015, 07:29 PM.
me by naft

Leaf
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dorothy's eyes lit up when she received Brendan's confirmation that his bracelet fit. He looked kinda confused when he was trying to put the bracelet around his wrist, but he beamed after successfully wrapping it around his arm, so that was a good thing. Dorothy smiled back as a response to his own smile and she whispered,

"Well, I don't want to sound rude or anything," and she continued in a slightly higher-pitched voice, "but I really need to finish this one before I forgot about it."

She gave out one last smile before returning to her work-in-progress, and tried her best to hurry up and finish the work so then she could talk to him without having something on her mind.

me by naft

Leaf
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, that Bernadette girl seemed really nice, maybe they could hang out one day.

Even though she wanted to stay in the classroom, the silence crept her out. With nobody filling the void, and no one to talk to, it was pretty a pretty awkward experience to sit alone and twisting the threads in her hands trying to make something pretty. It was the kind scene you'd expect from a bad horror movie with the girl being a psychopath or something.

Dorothy stuffed her works-in-progress in the small pocket in her bag, put her left shoulder around the strap, and she hurried out of the class. She needed to go do something else anyway. Was it an essay or a response? Meh, the only important thing is science.

((Dorothy Shelley went to Big Brother)

Edited by Leaf, Feb 27 2016, 07:24 PM.
me by naft

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · East Wing · Next Topic »
Add Reply