Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Prize Fighter; 'i'm dancing to the beat of her drum' - Sumac Baseball Diamond
Topic Started: Nov 3 2015, 12:25 AM (960 Views)
Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sumac Park, after school. The sun was beating down on the baseball diamond, leaving the ground dry and barren. It was decent weather to play baseball in. A little hard to bear, maybe, but once the team got started it probably wouldn’t take too long for it to go away. It was probably good for exercise, too. Working under the Kingman sun meant that more effort needed to be put in to function, which resulted in better muscle and weight loss. Something like that. Probably wasn’t true, though. It didn’t really matter, anyway. He played baseball more for the fun of it than to remain active or something like that. He was sitting on the bench, roaring to get onto the field.

Just one problem though.

Nobody was here.

((Ben Fields, continued from There’s No Time in Space))

Benjamin Fields was sitting on a bench close to the field. Bench Field? Whatever. Today was baseball practice. Or so he thought, apparently. It had been… ten minutes and he was the only one to show up. He was fairly sure practice was today. He remembered the coach saying that they had to practice more since a game was coming up this week and he was fairly sure that today was one of the extra practise days. He knew that at least, he was kinda paying more attention to what he was going to cook his family for dinner, but he at least knew that today was one of the days he had to show up at Sumac Park.

Maybe he could have misheard, though. Tuesday and Thursday sounded somewhat similar. It was entirely possible that when he heard Tuesday instead of Thursday because he was too busy thinking about whether he should cook or order pizza for the family.

Which would suck, by the way. Lana couldn’t go out shopping for a homecoming dress because of baseball. Mom had to go to parent teacher interviews until seven PM so no-one was able to accompany her there. She was pretty bummed when he told her the news, which made you pretty sad. He always wanted to see her happy, so seeing her sad made him sad.

Although maybe he could make her happy, considering that baseball didn’t seem to be happening.

Hmm...

He whipped out his phone from his back pocket - it was where he always put it, more convenient and not uncomfortable - and went through it. Password, phone, text. He scrolled through the names until he got to Lana Fields. Then, he sent a message.

hey lana

nobody has showed up at baseball practice so I don’t think it’s on

if nobody comes in the next couple minutes do you wanna go homecoming shopping?

There, it was sent. Now he just had to wait for her to reply. He honestly hoped that nobody would come at this point, if it meant that he could go shopping with his sister.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It didn’t take long for someone to come.

Ben saw a dude jogging along the path. He was somebody from school, but Ben couldn’t put a name on him. Ben did kinda know him though. He was someone who often spoke up in class and tried to crack a joke. He was pretty funny, although Ben could never really remember his jokes at the end of the day. Other than that, Ben had nothing though. He didn’t hang with the baseball people so he didn’t hang with Ben. Simple as that.

Anyway, whoever this person was, he waved to Ben. He was about to raise his hand to wave back until he tripped up, rolling onto the path. Ouch. That probably hurt. He remembered back to when he was five when he and his dad were walking here. It was raining and he slipped and he had a massive gash on his knee and it hurt. He remembered crying. He remembered his dad rushing him home so that he could get a band-aid on Ben.

He shook his head. The past wasn’t really something he wanted to think about right now, not with people around. He didn’t really want other people to see him when he thought of dad.

Instead, he went to the path. The guy who waved was on the ground, it was probably the right thing to check if he was okay or not. The path wasn’t long, it looped around the baseball field and the dude was close to Ben when he fell. He was laying face up, towards the sky. He didn’t really seem hurt, but it was probably safer if he checked.

...Also, he just saw someone walking their dog on the baseball diamond. Today probably wasn’t a baseball day, after all.

“You okay?”
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The person was okay, apparently. He was smiling, looking at the sky and making a square with his hands. Said something about taking camera angles. Was he a photographer? Could be. Wasn’t really worth asking about, though. If he was one he was one. If he wasn’t one he wasn’t one. Ben didn’t even know his name yet, asking if he was a photographer wasn’t really a top priority yet.

Well, he ended up learning the boy’s name soon enough. Noah, apparently. Abby Floyd, the person previously on the baseball diamond, came over asking if Noah was alright, her dog slobbering over his fingers like they were a treat. Ben just kinda looked at it. Dogs were either a good thing or a bad thing for him. They either loved him and showed it every time they could or they totally hated him. Many a shopping trip were delayed because an asshole dog blocked the way of the shortcut. Abby was pretty good with animals though so it’d probably be one of the nicer dogs.

“Your dog seems to like him.”
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
“Yeah….” Abby talked about what her dog, apparently named Elvis, was like. Way she described it reminded him of most of the dogs he came across. Wouldn’t hesitate to show their feelings toward you and would go way too far in doing it. “Most of the dogs I’ve had to spend time with are like that. Regardless of if they love or hate you they’ll go far in showing it.” It was probably why he’d never own a dog. Too outgoing. He preferred cats. They didn’t really show their love for you too much but they didn’t get in your way.

And then Noah made a joke. “Hah.” He snorted, slightly. Noah was pretty funny. Not someone that’d get him to laugh for a long time but he was someone that Ben could smile at without lying. He seemed to impress Abby, though; she was laughing pretty hard. He decided to reply to Noah.

“Guess it must have been a real dogshow, huh?” Ben smirked, a little bit. Apparently he could make jokes too.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Abby started laughing, the sound of it making Ben smile a bit. Seemed like he could have a future as a comedian. Apparently he could make people laugh. He threw around the idea in his head a little. It’d probably pay more than some of his other ideas, it’d probably pay enough to help out his family, but… No. Too much of a gamble. No guarantee that he’d get anything. Better just to toss that idea to the side and choose what he was going to be when he got there.

Plus, it seemed that Noah was hurt. Abby apparently had a medkit on her, so he let her take the front, but then she asked where she could get some water.

Um…

“There’s a bubbler down the path there, I think.” Ben pointed down the path, further down from where Noah came from. “I don’t have a bottle or anything to hold it, though.”
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah got up off the ground and walked towards the bubbler. He didn’t seem too bad. If he could still walk then he probably wasn’t going to have any lasting injuries from tripping up. Well, the wound could get infected, actually, but they were only a couple of grazes, nothing to get too worried about. Noah should probably be worried a bit more about Abby’s dog. It wanted to rush after him, but it was bound by its leash. Ben stepped back a little from it. It seemed to be more of the “endlessly love you” kind of dog, but he could be wrong. Better to be safe than sorry.

Abby also asked him if today was a baseball day. Ben shrugged. “I dunno. I thought it was.” He placed his hand in his pocket, trying to get his phone out. “But I’m the only one here, apparently. I figured that I’d give here five more minutes before I leave and take my sister shopping, until you guys showed up.” He checked his phone to see if Lana had texted him back. Apparently not. He closed his phone and put it back into his pocket, turning his attention back to Abby

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ben could see Noah start to come back, which was good. Wound looked clean from here at least, so it wasn’t like he was going to die or anything. Noah was halfway back when Ben noticed his phone vibrating in his pocket. Lana? He instinctively took it out, fumbling his way through the password. He got it wrong the first time, his finger hitting both zero and eight at the same time and messing it up. He tried again, a little more carefully this time. 0506, and he was in. He went to his notifications bar and there it was.

yay! sure, i’d be happy to go.

The fact that Lana seemed happy at the fact that baseball practice wasn’t on was a little weird, but he didn’t pay too much mind to that. She was probably more happy that she got to go shopping for homecoming than at Ben’s practice being cancelled. Hell, he was probably more happy about the former than the latter. Not that it’d be hard to, anyway. Getting cancelled was kinda super disappointing and all.

He looked up. Abby and Noah didn’t seem to be paying attention to him. He used this as an opportunity to slink away, quickly stepping past the path and out of sight. If they asked him why he left at school tomorrow he’d explain why. He’d also apologize, if they wanted one. He doubted that they’d need an apology, but it was better to keep every option up. Just in case something happens.

((Ben Fields, continued in Let's Go Out Tonight))

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Sumac Park · Next Topic »
Add Reply