Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Prize Fighter; 'i'm dancing to the beat of her drum' - Sumac Baseball Diamond
Topic Started: Nov 3 2015, 12:25 AM (961 Views)
Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Noah Whitley continued from Airline Food))

Noah hummed to himself as he jogged through Sumac park. He liked to go jogging following his dance class, and since Sumac Park was close to the studio and it gave him the chance to have one last bit of exercise before going home. He hadn't done much jogging before, having only started in the last year or so. He didn't do it as often as he should, but it did give him the chance to exercise without getting too bulky.

He had earbuds in his ears blasting some pop remixes. They made for interesting songs to lip sync to should he get the chance to perform at a club in Vegas again. As he was jogging along, trying to mouth along to the Bassnectar remix currently playing, he noticed someone sitting on a bench near the baseball field. It looked like someone he knew from school. Noah smiled as he got closer. He wasn't sure who it was from the distance, but he knew to smile and wave as he passed by.

Well, that's what should have happened.

As Noah got close, his foot landed on the ground oddly, causing him to stumble. He flailed his arms out in front of him, as he continued to stumble forward. Finally, he realized he wasn't going to keep upright, and felt his body fall towards the earth.

"Fuck."

That's all Noah was able to say before he tumbled on the path. It wasn't loud, it wasn't even angry. It was simply declarative, and he felt himself roll on the path. The earbuds fell out of his ears, and he laid on the ground for a few seconds. He let out a small chuckle as he stared at the sky.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It was times like this that Noah realized he needed to slow down. There was so much beauty and serenity in the world that he should take more times to really appreciate it. Most days, his mind was trying to balance schoolwork, comedy writing, filming, and familial obligations. But now, with him lying on his backside on a dirt path gazing up at the clear sky, he felt really peaceful. Granted, his head was throbbing slightly and he was sure he had some scratches on his legs, but it was still a nice feeling to have.

Someone did call out and ask if he was okay. Noah smirked and closed his eyes for a moment.

"Oh yeah. I'm good. I just didn't realize how the sky looked from this angle."

Noah held up his hands, using his thumbs and index fingers to make a rectangle shape.

"Yeah, this is the shot. If I had my camera, this is the best angle for capturing this time of day."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah continued to chuckle to himself as he viewed through his handmade photo lens. He then heard a familiar voice call out to him. It was Abby Floyd, a girl he generally enjoyed being around. Before he could respond, a slobbering tongue started licking Noah's fingers. Noah let out a cry of joy and surprise as he realized he was being given kisses by a dog. He always enjoyed dogs, even though he never had one, and so to get licked by one was a joy.

"Ah! I surrender! I surrender!" he shouted, finally managing to sit up.

He continued to pet the dog as it tried to lick his face. The boy near him remarked that the dog seemed to like him.

"Yeah, I attract all kinds of dogs," he said, laughing as the dog continued to try and lick his face. "You should have seen my last blind date."

Noah started to pet the dog on its belly. If this was the norm following all tumbles, Noah hoped it would happen more often.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Yeah, it was. The only way it would have been more of a dog show would be if Purina sponsored it," Noah said.

Noah chuckled to himself as he petted Elvis a bit more. He was still reeling from the rush of getting surprised by the dog's slobbering tongue that he remembered that he actually tripped and fell down. He could feel a slight sting in his right hand and on his knees. One of his knees was bleeding slightly. These were probably the parts of his skin that made direct contact with the pavement when he fell.

"Aw damn," he said, looking at his injuries.

Noah stopped petting the dog and stood up.

"Hey, you guys don't have a tissue or bandage or something, do you?" he asked Abby and Ben.

He shook his hand a bit to try and brush off any gravel that was still on them. He wasn't worried about the injuries, but the stinging sensation from them was an alarm telling him "DO SOMETHING!"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah continued to pick away at some of the gravel on his hand when Abby handed him a small first aid kit. He smiled and took it from her.

"Oh, you're heavenly," he said.

The other guy said there was a bubbler nearby. Noah didn't have a bottle to carry the water with.

"Ah, that should be good," Noah said. "I'll just run down there and get this taken care of. Wait here and I'll return the kit."

Noah began to walk quickly down the path towards the bubbler the guy mentioned. This probably wouldn't be a big deal, but he wanted to deal with it swiftly and efficiently. There was more time to be spent playing with Abby's dog, after all.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah hummed the chorus of "Summertime Sadness" to himself as he dipped his hands under the cool water from the bubbler. It felt nice compared to the stinging sensation that emanated from his hands. Once that was done, he shook the excess water off and began to treat the injury. Noah wasn't that much of a baby when it came to hurting himself; after all, beauty is pain. But it still bugged him like crazy, so he wanted it dealt with as quickly as possible.

Once he had bandages on his palms, he then moved onto the knees. He moved a lot quicker this time. He knew he was probably holding Abby up since he had her first aid kit, so he knew to get back to her as soon as possible in case she needed to be anywhere.

The knees were treated soon, and Noah felt better. Now he needed to go back and pet the dog some more.

He quickly skip-stepped his way back to Abby and Ben. He quickly whistled at them.

"Hey, thanks for the kit," Noah said. "Now the only pain I feel is emotional."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah chuckled to himself as Abby said she had a remedy for his emotional pain. Noah wasn't going to hold his breath for anything, but he was curious what she was going to produce from her bag. That's when a sweet smell hit the air. She had cookies. Suddenly, all the emotional trauma Noah felt from tripping was gone and replaced by an insatiable desire for peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.

"Aaaand you just became my hero," Noah said taking the cookie from Abby.

Noah took a bite and savored it. It was certainly better than anything he could bake, and it made him feel really happy.

"Oh man, Abby," Noah said. "You've got a gift."

Noah then noticed the other boy was gone. Noah wasn't sure where he went, but he figured the guy had stuff to do. He turned his attention back to Abby.

"But man, I'm glad I ran into you today," he told Abby. "You've got everything in that bag I could need, like a younger Mary Poppins or something. You sure came prepared today."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Yeah, Mary Poppins had all the hacks," Noah said. "Plus she had the poise to carry it all off, which is nice."

Noah quickly finished off the cookie. It was really nice to run into someone cool and friendly while jogging.

"So, how are you doing?" Noah asked. "Are you enjoying the park as much as your furry friend is?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Before Abby could respond, her dog suddenly went berserk and pulled her away. She apologized and said she'd talk to Noah later.

"Yeah, definitely!" he replied. "Have a good day!"

Noah smiled as Abby and her dog disappeared.

"Man, that's the fifth time I've lost someone's attention to a dog," he muttered to himself.

Noah started getting back into his jog. The rest of his jog was unlikely to be as eventful as this moment, but he was sure it was going to be good.

((Noah Whitley continued in Screamer, Screamer, He's a Dreamer))
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · Sumac Park · Next Topic »
Add Reply