Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Prize Fighter; 'i'm dancing to the beat of her drum' - Sumac Baseball Diamond
Topic Started: Nov 3 2015, 12:25 AM (969 Views)
Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Abby Floyd+A Dog continued from Extraordinary Machine))

Walking Elvis was a pretty good time for Abby, in general. He went at a nice pace when he wanted to, he always had something he wanted to explore, and he was pretty good about doing his business in the grass so people would walk through any leavings she missed with the scooper. For the most part, he was a pretty considerate dog.

For the most part.

The darn trick with him is that every once in awhile, he'd just decide he was done for a bit without warning, and collapse on whatever surface he'd been ambling along on. In this case, he'd encouraged her over into the empty baseball diamond, and when she'd seen there was nobody playing she was pretty content to let him head wherever he wanted. It was only when he made it to home plate and unceremoniously flopped all over it that things got a bit complicated. Normally it was fine to just leave him and wait in the grass, but there might be somebody needing to use the field. It was supposed to be a baseball day, at least she felt like somebody at school had mentioned that in the halls. Maybe she just pulled it plum out of the ether, though. There didn't seem to be anybody around.

SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The sounds of the scramble along the hill drew Abby's attention away from her contented hound. She turned around and caught sight of Ben walking over to check on Noah sprawled out across the ground. At first she was concerned, but from the look of things he seemed to be okay, so she gave Elvis's leash a gentle tug and started to wander over. "C'mon, boy!"

Elvis lazily turned his head and perked up at the sight of more people. His stubby legs carried Abby along as he scrambled over, barking and panting with what looked very much like a big, goofy grin on his face from Abby's perspective. She waved two the two boys as they came over and called out. "Hey there! Ya'll right, Noah?" Everything seemed to be okay from a distance, but it never hurt to check.

Elvis seemed keen on getting a more personal look at Noah's well-being, bounding over to the edges of his leash and sticking his slobbering face just over the prone boy's squared fingers.
SotF Characters

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If Noah wasn't enjoying the whole thing so much, she'd be sorta inclined to pull her old boy back and give him a break. Not that he would have listened, mind you, but she'd at least have to try. They were having a good time, so instead she just grinned and watched them. She nodded to Ben with a little chuckle. "Elvis likes just about everyone. He's a sweetie, though sometimes he goes...a little too far," she said with a glance down to the way he slobbered and tumbled over Noah. "He's a good boy, though. Just a little strong minded, like my Granny says."

Noah's comment made her burst out laughing as she waved a hand. "Noah, you are a card!" Walking Elvis was usually pleasant enough, but running into a few nice folks made it even better. He was happy, she was happy, they were happy, so everyone got a nice little boost from the whole thing. At least, as far as she could tell. Maybe Ben wasn't as in to it as Noah. He seemed kinda reserved, but maybe that was just how he was?
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Abby was so caught up laughing to herself and trying to keep Elvis under at least a little bit of control that it took her a moment to realize Noah was really hurt and not setting up for another joke. When she did, she let out a gasp and started fumbling in her purse. "Oh, you poor thing, I've got just what you need!"

Volunteering at the shelters had gotten her into certain habits, particularly because of working with kids. They were rambunctious little things and they had a habit of getting cuts and scrapes all the time, and sometimes running off to get a first aid kit just gave them time to stew and work themselves up to the point that helping them was just all that much harder. That's why these days she always carried an anti-septic spray, a small box of bandaids, and a specially laid aside package of Kleenex just for the occasion. She pulled her small kit out and offered it to Noah as she looked up towards Ben. "Do y'all have some water, or know where we might get some around here? A nasty bump like that could use some cleaning up."
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Elvis, rowdy little pup that he was, immediately tried to follow along after his new friend when Noah started walking away to clean his hand, and gave a grumpy whine when Abby held his leash fast. She sighed and knelt down, stroking that one spot between his ears that he seemed to like so much as she put her face in front of his. "I spoil you, you big baby. He'll be back in just a minute, let him alone to get cleaned up, you hear?"

With a little bit of effort, she made it back up off her knees and glanced towards Noah to make sure he was alright. Her eyes drifted from the empty field across the way to Ben, and a light went on in her head. "Say, isn't today a baseball day? I could've sworn I had to keep the rascal away from the field 'round this time, usually. Where's everybody at?"
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah seemed to be doing much better, which was great! Especially when he was coming back. Ben wasn't exactly the most open conversationalist, and while she tried to be nice to everyone, she had to admit that Ben's...reputation left her a little uncomfortable. She'd never seen him act hateful, personally, so she hoped that it was just an old comment that got exaggerated and spread out of hand. Few things got under her skin like discrimination, especially homophobia. Some of the stories Papa told her about growing up out, and the things people said and did from that personal perspective...

No need to worry about that now, though! They were all friends and having fun, so nobody needed to get into that kind of trouble right now. She took her kit back with a smile and snapped her fingers. "I might have something for that too!" While she was tucking the kick back into her purse, she opened the inside pocket where she kept her sweets and pulled out a small stack of plastic-wrapped cookies. Their smell drifted out into the open air as she unwrapped them and held them out in her hand. "Just made 'em this morning! They're peanut butter chocolate chip, and there's three of 'em, so ya'll can have one if you like."
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah's bright praise made a flush come to her cheeks as she giggled and waved her hand dismissively. "Oh, just what the good Lord gave me and a lot of cribbing from Granny, if there's a gift in there it sure doesn't belong to me. I'm glad you like it, though!"

She turned to offer one to Ben, but it seemed he'd run off. In the back of her mind, she couldn't help but wonder if maybe her presence had run him off. She shouldn't think things like that about people, and she tried not to, but, it was Ben...oh well. It probably wasn't personal, and if it was it was about something she wouldn't change even if she could, so she wasn't going to fuss over it. You just can't please everybody, some folks have always got to be wound up about something.

Her bright smile returned to Noah, only slightly faded from the shaded detour her mind had taken. "Boy, now being Mary Poppins sure would be a trick. It'd make organizing my purse a whole lot easier!" She liked Noah, he was just a happy, easy going sort of person. She really needed to get out to see one of his shows sometimes. Even if they weren't exactly her cup of tea, it was great to support friends, and who knows, she might even end up enjoying herself?
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Abby was just about to answer Noah when Elvis went wild and started tugging her in a random direction, barking excitedly with his ears flopping around. She tried to stop him from pulling her away, but he was too worked up, and it was all she could do to hold on and keep up.

"Sorry," she cried out as she stumbled away, "guess we're on the hunt again! I'll talk to you later!"

((Abby Floyd Continued In Involvement))
SotF Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Sumac Park · Next Topic »
Add Reply