Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hecate on Roman Halloween; (Hecate was known as Trivia in Rome)
Topic Started: Oct 30 2015, 09:26 PM (574 Views)
Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Stooped over his bowl of clam chowder, Billl contemplated the audacity of a perfectly serviceable restaurant throwing gimmicks at its patrons.

Trivia night. Such a stupid idea. Who wanted to deal with it? Not him, that was for sure. Sometimes a man wants to enjoy his goddamn meal after a long day of work. Ugh, the nerve of these people. Why did they-

"Hi! You wanna be on my team?"

((Henry Spencer continued from There's No Time Here in Space))

...Oh. This guy didn't look too happy. "What? No. Leave me alone, can't you tell I'm eating?" The man said. He sounded mad so Henry just smiled and nodded before wandering off. He needed a partner within the next 7 minutes or he couldn't play tonight. And he'd brought his quiz pen and everything!

Ah, quiz night. What a wonderful idea! Trivia, obscure knowledge, camaraderie with your fellow quiz enthusiasts, or 'quizists'. Trivia apparently dated back to ancient Rome and Greece, which Henry had learned that afternoon on the internet! Trivia about trivia, some of Henry's favorite trivia besides stuff about dinosaurs and the Mongollan Monster, an ape-like cryptid known to be seen in the county adjacent to Henry's.

Regardless! Teams were necessary, which was challenging when people were already teamed up. Henry didn't seem to be able to find a partner. A team needed at least two people on it to be a team. Otherwise it was hardly a team, but a solo player. So Henry needed another member. A teammate, if you will.

Henry glanced around the tables and booths, picking out the first person he saw (besides the cranky guy with the soup) and approached. "Hi! You wanna be teammates? I'm really good at trivia."
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Alright, cool!" Henry exclaimed, cracking his neck as he sat down next to his new friend.

"Yeah, I go to Cochise. I'm a junior. You're a...senior? I've seen you before buuut I don't think we share any classes." Henry said, still grinning. Oh, this was going to be so cool! It was like a cop show, with the grumpy veteran and the nervous rookie. Except Henry wasn't grumpy, nor was his new buddy nervous. Hopefully.

"Hey, mind if I order some-oh, never mind!" Henry was about to request a drink, as trivia made him thirsty with mental exertion, but he spied a glass already on the table. It was pretty full, so a little sloshed out onto the table when Henry picked it up, but it quenched his thirst regardless. "Thanks!"

A moment passed.

"Hey, why was that there...did I interrupt a date?"

Oops.

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((sorry!))

"Yeah, what he said!" Henry exclaimed cheerfully, glancing up at Clarice as she approached. "Trivia is really fun, but it's even more fun with a bunch of people, right? You wanna play with us?"

He looked back over at Asher. "You guys work together? Sweet! Where do you work?"

Trivia night was going swimmingly. He had the makings of a team, which was not usually the case, so he was pretty excited!

Plopping down at Asher's table, he looked expectantly over at the main stand, where the host was setting up. Buzzers were being set out at tables, so Henry raised his hand and called out eagerly, "Hey, we're playing!"

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Same for me))

"Ooooh, food is good! I need food to live, so shipping it to places where I can get it is nice. Thanks!"

Henry grinned enthusiastically, and that grin only expanded when the buzzer was set to his table. Clarice suddenly apologized and ran off, which was unfortunate. Probably had some kind of food emergency at the place they worked. Perhaps a vegetable catastrophe, or a molasses meltdown, like in Boston, 1919. Food was dangerous business after all. "See you!" He called out after her.

Henry turned back to Asher, bouncing up and down in his seat in excitement.

This was gonna be good.

And it was.

((Henry Spencer continued in A Trout Tussle))

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Cheryl's · Next Topic »
Add Reply