Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TvTropes Mafia Thread; Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who is the most Dangerously Genre Savvy of them all?
Topic Started: Sep 23 2015, 05:12 AM (23,593 Views)
VysePresident
Member Avatar
Long-winded, meticulous, & thoughtful. Mostly long-winded though.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
To write a story is to shape a world.

Pen touches paper, and a Town is born, where none was before. Words paint a scene, puppets line the streets; ghosts, shaped with tools, but not yet truly animate; Cliches all, flat & empty as far as the eye can see.

The pen pauses for a thoughtful moment before resuming, this time slower, as it fills that void. There's a love in the hand that writes, and although it may well be that none of these characters are truly unique, they're his, and that's all that matters.

Glassy eyes grow soft & moist, filled with hopes & dreams beyond the simple foundations laid for them. Blood courses through their veins, invigorating bodies that had long been nothing more than a dream.

But there comes a time when you can no longer hold on. Even as the characters were set in motion, as they were given their parts to play in turn, there were others watching, who had no love for the story the author was creating.

In an instant, everything was ripped from his grasp.

DEAD - VysePresident: An Author

This is your story now. What part will you play? Do you stand with the Town against the invaders, to fight for the perfect Utropia? Or do you want to tear it to shreds, and replace it with your own vision?

Heya, guys, and welcome to TvTropes Mafia! Role PMs will be going out in the next few minutes. In the meantime, you guys know the routine.

The Rules

• Do not, under any circumstances, quote, screenshot, or otherwise allow people direct access to your Role PM. You may paraphrase your role & flavor. If you're not sure if something is okay, ask, and save us both some trouble.
  • Do not talk about the game outside of the game thread without direct permission from the mod.
  • To remain active, you must follow the activity rules outlined by MurderWeasel in the third paragraph here - four substantive posts per day, or three & one vote. I intend to use a light-hand in determining what counts as substantive, and will allow for two prods before a force-replace or modkill, rather than one, but I will be strict with activity. Please, if you're going to be unable to post for a while, mark yourself as Away. I don't want to have to enforce this rule.
  • They first dayphase will run for 9 days. The rest will run for 8 days. The scum teams will be granted Daychat for the 96 hours of the phase, or four real life days.
  • Order of actions will be determined by NAR, except in that Roleblocks take primacy over all other blocking actions, and Miscellaneous roles are treated like the role they most resemble, where applicable.
  • All lynches are final. You may continue talking after a lynch is reached but before I've posted the flip. Once the flip is posted and night starts, no more posting.
  • After you are killed, do not post in this thread. This includes when you are lynched.
  • Votes must be red to be counted. Unvotes should be green. Unvotes are encouraged, but not required. If it looks like a vote for somebody, it will be counted, to avoid fake-voting gambits.
  • Don't deliberately be a jerk. Attacking somebody's play is fine. Attacking the player as a person is not. I don't think this will be an issue with you guys, but I want to keep it clear & ready.
  • Don't try to abuse loopholes in these rules. Deliberately attempting to circumvent the rules, including pretending to break a rule, will be treated as if you were actually breaking the rule.
  • Vote counts should be posted at least every 24 hours. If I don't do this, you're free to bug me.
  • Play to your win condition and be civil--this game is about arguing, not about being gratuitously insulting in a personal way.
  • I intend to use a light hand while modding, however, Word of Mod is final.

*Rules stolen liberally from inspired by multiple sources, but especially MurderWeasel & Penguin_Alien.

Game Specific Rules & Information

• This game is confirmed to be multiball.
    • If the opposing scumteams target the same player, their kills will be nullified & fail.
    • X-shot powers that are blocked during the night may or may not be retained, depending on the power used to block.
    • Attempt to outguess the mod at your own peril. This game has been balanced against certain game breaking strategies that have become popular recently.
    • In the event of a tie between one or more factions, the rules are as follows: Town will win in the event of a 1v1v1 scenario. In the event of two or more scum factions having equaling numbers at the end of the game, with no Town members remaining, the faction that started with fewer players will be awarded the win. Any 3rd parties will automatically win ties, if such are relevant to their win condition. If none of the above conditions apply, and a winner cannot be determined, the game will end in a tie.

Living Players - (List of ISOs.)

1: Yugi*
    2: Espi*
    3: Goose*

~An * denotes a prod. Two prods are allowed before a force-replace/modkill upon the third.

The Dead

DuckyB - THE TROLL: Darth Mafia Bookie.
    Primrosette - MAGNIFICIANT BASTARD: Town Double Voter.
    Deamon - BLOOD KNIGHT: Town 1-shot Vengilante
    Frogue - BOISTEROUS BRUISER: Paranoid Doctor
    RC - 'STOP HAVING FUN' GUY: Sugar Mafia JailKeeper
    MK Kilmarnock - ENTRY PIMP: Sugar Mafia JOAT
    Imehal - THE SHERIFF: Town Jailkeeper.
    Lore - EVIL OVERLORD: Town Motivator
    Grim Wolf - MAD SCIENTIST: Town Inventor
    Penguin_Alien - THE CRITIC: Town 1-shot Sugar BP Mason.
    VoltTurtle - THE ASCENDED FAN: Town 1-shot Cynicism BP Mason.
    Decoy - THE TROPESPEAKER: Sugar Mafia 2-shot RoleCop
    Seth Crimson - THE CASSANDRA: Town 2-shot Amnesiac Watcher
    Bikriki - THE CORONER: Town Automatic Coroner.
    Un-Persona - REDSHIRT: Town Bodyguard
    Flare - THE CHESSMASTER: Town 1-shot Redirector.
    MurderWeasel - THE TROPELESS: Darth Mafia 2-shot BP Ascetic
    Slam - THE FAN DUMB: Sugar Mafia Modified Neighborizer

Events:
    No-Lynch -> Day #2 Start
    No-Lynch -> Day #3 Start
    RC Lynch -> Day #4 Start
    Lore Lynch -> Day #5 Start
    No-Lynch -> Day #6 Start
    Decoy Lynch -> Day #7 Start
    Flare Lynch -> Day #8 Start

The game thread will open shortly, once all PMs are sent. my internet goes and people all start posting.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

(Relationships Planning Thread #Pi)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
alright, I got my role a few hours ago, so I figure you're done.

VOTE: MK KILMARNOCK

Duh, who if not the mod is not the most trustworthy?
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

penguin_alien
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
VOTE: VoltTurtle

So square.

Hey all!

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm not even sure how to react to this because I haven't even received my role PM yet.

Therefore I have no idea what team I'm on. So, shit, I might just be the most dangerous player in the game

I JUST HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE IF I ACTUALLY AM
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
META STRATS ALREADY.

(Also, I don't have my role yet either, so)
V5 Characters:

Jack McDonald is a SELF-INSERT YAY.

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
NO MODS NO ROLES

is my way of saying that I also don't have a role and thus we should immediately lynch Riki for clearly being scum, the role having bastard.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Having a role is so 2014.
V5 Characters:

Jack McDonald is a SELF-INSERT YAY.

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MK Kilmarnock
Sep 23 2015, 11:50 AM
I'm not even sure how to react to this because I haven't even received my role PM yet.

Therefore I have no idea what team I'm on. So, shit, I might just be the most dangerous player in the game

I JUST HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE IF I ACTUALLY AM

I lost my internet for at least a couple hours last night. Only about half the PMs got through. My apologies for the inconvenience. The rest will be out in a manner of minutes.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I do have my role, luckily.
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I know everyone who's missing their roles. Please hang on, it's only a couple more minutes. Again, my apologies for the inconvenience.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
VysePresident
Sep 23 2015, 12:24 PM

I lost my internet for at least a couple hours last night. Only about half the PMs got through. My apologies for the inconvenience. The rest will be out in a manner of minutes.
In that case, I am sorry for shooting prematurely.

...it usually doesn't happen, I promise.

(No seriously, sorry for not waiting for your explicit confirmation)

Inge
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Role recieved.

Also Ew.

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
All PMs have been sent! Also, rules on tiebreakers have been edited into the front page. (In the event of 1-1-1 balance between Town & two scumteams, Town wins. In the event of a 1v1 between scum, the team that started with fewer players will win. Third Parties always win ties where applicable. If no tiebreaking condition is met in such a situation, the game will be considered a tie.)

The game officially starts now. (I will count RVS votes for the sake of convenience though. I'll edit the intended the flavor onto the front page in a few, and post in the thread to let you guys know when it's up.

Also, no worries Bik. I'm just sorry for screwing already. >_<

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Also, I'm rushing & typos happen, so if you're one of the two scum who got a Town Win condition, I'm fixing that now

Also, it never happened.

Posted Image

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Personally I blame Riki
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
V6
V5
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply