Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Yard Sard; Open
Topic Started: Sep 6 2015, 11:08 AM (760 Views)
backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Yeah, sure!" Mia's exuberance was sort of contagious, and Nathan barely took the time to mull her suggestion over before agreeing. "I've got dance practice after school most days, but we could grab an ice cream or something sometime!"

He deposited the money Mia handed him in the box they were using as an improvised cash register and ignored the sly, knowing look Michelle was giving him. Titan whined a bit as his new friends started to leave, but Nathan shushed him with some scratching behind the ears.

"You can let me know what you think of the books then, how about that?"
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The implications of Nathan asking her out for ice cream were completely lost on Mia for the moment. She just smiled broadly at Nathan’s suggestion, absentmindedly stroking Pepper’s head thanks to the powers of suggestion.

“Sure, sounds great! I’ve got a pretty busy schedule too, uh, most days, but I’ll make sure I find some time for that! And to read the books! Homework can wait a day, right?”

Mia grinned once more, before ruffling Pepper’s head for a final time and patting his side.

“Alright, up you get, lazy butt! It’s home time! I’ll catch you later Nathan, hopefully soon!”

With one final wave goodbye, Mia strolled out of Nathan’s yard, Pepper right beside her. The first thing she thought as she rounded the corner was that she really should have asked for a bag. It really wasn’t easy carrying these books under her arm and trying to run.

The second thing was the sudden realisation of the potential meaning behind Nathan’s offer, and Mia was left feeling very flustered and confused all the way home.

((Mia Rose continued in All in the Golden Afternoon))
Edited by Pippin, Feb 27 2016, 09:03 AM.
V7 BAYBEE
Lyra Doyle-Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky
Current Thread: The Glorious Evolution - "Sorry, that was a little weird, wasn’t it?"
Katie Agustien-If you wanna start a fight, you better throw the first punch, make it a good one
Current Thread: V for Vend-etta - "Fuck off. Are you kidding me?"
FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nathan spent the rest of the afternoon greeting the occasional neighbor who came to investigate the yard sale and fending off Michelle's teasing questions.

((Nathan Lovegrove continued elsewhere))
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
At some point in all that, Jane left.

((Jane Madison continued elsewhere - not much of a post, I know, but she's been in these two threads for months and I should get her moving!))
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Neighborhood · Next Topic »
Add Reply