Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pet Help
Topic Started: Aug 28 2015, 12:24 AM (261 Views)
Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
My family dog has been having seizures through out the day. This morning he had several, so he was brought to the vet, came home fine. Then I found him having seizures again several hours later this afternoon. I really don't know what to do. It's really distressing to see. I don't even know why he's having them now, when it's never happened before.

Does anyone know enough about animals/pets to help or give advice. I know vet ASAP is probably the best answer, but anything would be helpful.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks, Beta. No question it's scary for him too, probably a lot of anxiety from not being able to walk and continuously shaking, the worst part was when he kept thrashing his head against the fence from a sitting position. The best I tried to do, was comfort him like you mentioned, as I can't think of a single thing aside from that. Our dog is more of a rascally over-energetic type though, so even when healthy he's tough to calm down, and post-seizure he kept pacing around in a circle despite, probably nervous that it would happen again. That part at least I can do something about, but dang, I just want the seizures to stop. Is it still going to keep happening? Did it ever stop for your pet, eventually? :(

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks guys I really appreciate the advice/experience knowledge/reassuring words

The seizures kept getting worse and more numerous every night, it was getting tough to sleep, worrying. My family planned to take our dog to the vet again, for some testing, even though the price was steep, I didn't want to him continuously suffer. While at work/classes, My cousin and mother took our dog a bath, but somehow managed to escape. So now he's missing, and hasn't come back home, even with our family's efforts to locate him. I don't know, in a way, as least he' somewhere reasonably safe rather than dying on the streets, since I'm pretty sure someone in the neighborhood called the humane society, since my bro overheard someone in his store mention finding a dog in her backyard, as a reason she was buying dog food, and planned to call the humane society. Why he didn't have the common sense to ask, I don't know. At the same time, it's almost a relief of stress, that it's mostly out of my hands now, though I do miss seeing our dog, around too.

Just wanted to let out my thoughts.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply