Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Funny Thing Is, I Keep On Returning Over and Over
Topic Started: Aug 14 2015, 08:19 PM (1,246 Views)
Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Isaac Brea Continued From Ice Cream Truck Beat))

He was going to die. He was certain of it at this point. He was absolutely going to die before he remembered why he even came to this boring ass museum, let alone finished whatever assignment brought him here. Probably art. Or, uh, history? English maybe? He couldn't remember. He probably had at some point but he'd been here like an hour already and it was torture. By now he was just wandering around aimlessly hoping to either trigger something or run into someone on the same assignment that he could milk for information.

Fuuuuuuuuck why were museums even a thing? Some of the craftsmanship was nice, he wouldn't argue with that, but there wasn't anything interesting about just wandering around a big-ass building reading all day to look at random shit. They had the internet for that. Come to think of this, this had to be one of those things that only still existed because people weren't smart enough for the internet. That was the only answer.

The glaze in his eyes slipped off when he noticed a familiar and not unwelcome sight. Alice and Bryony from school were hanging out, holding hands and stuff. Girl things, probably. Bryony looked like she'd been crying. Y'know, maybe this was what he needed to set his head straight. Swoop in, play the big, strong, understanding guy, maybe pull out of his dry spell and get his head out of these weird places. Worst case scenario maybe they had a clue about why he was here, since actually remembering was pretty much out of the question at this point.

Isaac put on his best manly swagger and wandered over to the ladies, his face just wracked with what he was sure was convincing concern and comfort. With this kind of lead up, he had this thing on lock. Who said he couldn't be empathetic when he needed to?

"Hey. What's up with the water works?"

Smooth as fuck.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ugh, what a pain in the ass. Why was it whenever he wanted people to open up and jazz, they started being polite and reasonable and bottling all their shit up like a normal person? It was so frustrating. How could they be this dumb? Obviously he was here to help, and they weren't handling this well enough by themselves, otherwise Bryony wouldn't be crying. Duh. Then again, if they were good at handling their emotions like he was now(and fuck anybody who said otherwise, no clue what they were talking about), they wouldn't be having this mess in a public place, now would they? Women, y'know, what're you gonna do? It was a good thing he happened to be here for...whatever he was doing.

He cracked a sympathetic smile. "Well, I kinda got lost here trying to do some assignment, details kinda get by me? And I saw you two and thought 'Hey, they do this whole school thing, maybe they'll know.' But then I saw Bryony all upset and, y'know, thought maybe I should lend a hand or a shoulder or whatever?" Yeah. He was killing this. Alice was being kind of an ice queen, did he mess with her recently? Man, he couldn't remember. It could just be her deal. He could power through it, though. "I mean, you see somebody crying in public in front of God and everybody and you've gotta do something, right?"

What a pro. Who said he couldn't sweet talk? Even Alice had to warm up to that. It was hard to give a shit, but there had to be some kind of payoff.
SotF Characters

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Y'know, if Isaac didn't know any better, he'd say he wasn't wanted around here.

This was exactly why he didn't get involved. People didn't know what the hell they wanted. You just want to be left alone? They're chatting you up over mindless bullshit for no reason. They're crying in the middle of the museum and you try to help? They clam up and get all frosty and bitchy and passive aggressive. What a racket.

He decided not to even dignify their nonsense with a response. He just shrugged and shook his head as he walked away, wandering back into the museum. As he walked away, he muttered maybe a little too loudly under his breath, "Jesus, no wonder nobody likes her..."

Meh. Not his problem anymore. Time to figure out whatever this project was about.

((Isaac Brea Continued In Roots of Jade))
SotF Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Kingman Museum of Art and History · Next Topic »
Add Reply