Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Nathan Lovegrove
Topic Started: Aug 9 2015, 01:50 PM (479 Views)
Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi backslash! I do apologise for the long wait on this critique.

Nathan’s looking pretty good, I just have a few small nitpicks I’d like to bring up before I can approve him.

You need a line break between your paragraphs in the appearance section.

Quote:

hoping that as Charlotte saw how Clarisse’s deteriorating health made caring for her more and more demanding,

Most pet shelters require someone to be at least 18 to adopt a pet, and even then some shelters ask for older than that. There’s also usually a vetting process involved, which means I can’t really agree with Nathan walking into a shelter and walking out with a dog, especially since he would only be 17 at the time. I also have to wonder where Nathan got the money to adopt a dog, since it can be a few hundred dollars depending on where you do it and the family's already financially strained from paying for the in-house nursing, not to mention the ongoing costs of pet ownership. If you could rework the way that he and Michelle get their hands on Titan to take these things into account, it’d be appreciated.

I’m also curious what subjects at school Nathan likes and dislikes, since at the moment I only know that he does well on average.

Post here when you’ve made the changes, and I’ll be happy to give Nathan another look. Thanks!
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die
Offline Profile Goto Top

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nearly there! However, part of the vetting process of pet adoption often involves home visits, so it would be difficult to keep Charlotte unaware of events, especially if her mother's at home 24/7. Plus, if Charlotte was against it, then I wouldn't imagine the shelter would release the dog to the home, even if the rest of the family is gung ho about it.

It might be simpler to just have Charlotte be a reluctant but willing participant in the pet adoption, but I'm sure you can come up with a good way to make it work. Let me know when you've updated again, and I'll give Nathan another look.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die
Offline Profile Goto Top

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
APPROVED
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Approved Characters · Next Topic »
Locked Topic