Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Not On Target; Open, if you dare (sorry notsorry for the pun)
Topic Started: Jul 20 2015, 12:19 PM (1,460 Views)
Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Blair Moore Pregame start))

The rows and rings of Target’s clothing department were quaint, really, in that cheap-and-mass-produced-retail-store kind of way. They were lined with tacky, probably really low-quality stuff, but they were passable. Blair normally avoided the place, because who wanted to go around in a Target outfit? People with no sense of taste. Blair had taste. Lots of it. So she bought clothes online or in that one cute boutique down the street.

Unfortunately for Blair, though, a fashion emergency was underway, and she had been forced into Target in search of a new tee. Not just any tee, though; this was a very specific, pale pink tee which was comfortable and sexy. Blair liked being comfortable and sometimes even sexy, and she’d liked her tee. But it’d been ruined in a tragic spaghetti sauce incident. She’d incidentally nearly burned her hand in the process, but hands healed; clothes did not. The tee was ruined.

So now she’d been forced to hunt down another one, but the local boutique was lacking. See if Blair shopped there anytime soon. Luckily, she’d discovered that Target actually carried that brand of tee, and Blair had rushed there immediately. The internet was wonderful like that, with its free information and convenience. But that was wasn’t important; what mattered was that Blair NEEDED her favorite tee back.

Of course, now she had to actually find the specific top, which was no small feat. And Blair had scanned the area for like 10 minutes to no avail. “Urgh,” Blair grumbled, wrinkling her nose upon discovering an ugly lime green tube top. Who’d ever wear that? Trash, of course. Not Blair.

Coughing into the crook of her elbow in a practiced fashion and taking a slightly wheezy breath, Blair glanced around. It didn’t look like any of the workers were nearby, so she couldn’t ask them. With a groan, Blair went back to looking. She was slightly out of breath from wandering around for a while, so hopefully she could find her tee soon.
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ugh, it was Scarlett. Two Ts, but no tees yet. Blair hacked into her elbow again, and focused on the clothing racks.

Scarlett was one of those weird, cheerful geeky people Blair got annoyed with. She mentioned Star Wars a lot if Blair recalled, which was a laugh. Like, hon, the movies came out in like the 80s. Why would you still talk about them when there's great modern stuff to appreciate? Ugh, weird retro people were the worse. She saw them on Whovian sites, too, and they drove Blair nuts. Like, good for you, you liked William Hartnell best. He's been dead since 1975, get over yourself.

Regardless, Blair didn't like Scarlett, so there was no real reason to say hi back or, you know, acknowledge her existence. Annoying people were like bug bites; ignore them and they go away, let them bother you and they get worse and stick around forever. So Blair paid no heed to Miss-Mcafee or whatever, and kept on looking for her tee.

Aaaaany moment now and Scarlett would just...disappear, like the little twerp she was.

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hmm, this one wasn't the right brand but it was pretty-holy shit!

Suddenly a person burst through the clothes like the Kool-Aid guy but for tacky things. Startled, Blair stepped back and let out a little gasp. Then, she recognized the person, and laughed. Her giggle attack soon devolved into a cough fit that doubled over, but fuck if it wasn't worth it.

"Oh, shit, Irene, you gave me a heart attack." Blair choked out before righting herself and flipping her hair back over her shoulders. More quietly, she added, "Yeah, I noticed." Irene was certainly a big step up from Scarlett. She was a riot, the kind of spaz that endeared you and was hilarious to watch once they got going. Hopefully she could play these two off each other for some actual entertainment.

"Hi, uh, Scarlett. How goes it?" Blair said, plastering a smile on and looking over at the other girl. "Irene here saw you earlier, by the way. You two know each other?"

Not really a lie; she'd seen Scarlett earlier than Blair had, after all.

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Benadryl what? Ohh, for the heart attack. Yeah no, good try but no. Blair cracked a smile, though; that was a pretty funny screwup, you had to admit. She felt a little bad about freaking out Irene, though; her whole "my genes hate me" thing wasn't something she was super open about because really who needed the pity? But a fit like that? No big thing, she wanted to say, wait till you see her with a cold. But Blair said nothing about it.

Pushing a rebellious strand of red hair out of her eyes, Blair gave a semi-sincere smile at Scarlett and Irene's clumsy introductions. Honestly, if you didn't know someone, come out and say it. Don't dance around making stuff up. That ruined Blair's fun time.

"Oh, I'm fine. Just a tickle. But yeah, Irene," Blair said, sensing an opportunity to make mischief. "I'm pretty sure you did say something about Scarlett and your sis doing something together, right?"

Now, was it true? Blair had no idea. But it'd be funny, so it was worth bringing up. Plus, if she could make Miss Perky Scarlett freak out, even better!

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Oh, yeah?" Blair responded, trying not to look a little weirded out. "Well I don't know if she's my type..." Blair had nothing against gay people, duh, but she didn't feel that way. Not that there was anything wrong with that, and oh boy she was digging a hole for no reason. Whatever. Not like any girls had actually flirted with Blair before. She wasn't a flirt target in general really. How unfortunate.

"I'm looking for a tee. My old one was tragically ruined, so if you see a light pink-" Blair paused as she finally got a good look at what Irene was holding. Holy shit, this was her lucky day.

"Oh my god! That's it! That's my tee!" Blair damn near ripped it from Irene's hands, she was so excited. Instead, she moved towards the other girl like a shark with prey in her sights, taking a handhold of the tee where it dangled from Irene's hands. "This is literally the exact shirt I was looking for! Holy crap, where did you find it?"

So pleased with Irene's accidental retrieval of Blair's prize, she completely forgot Scarlett's presence. Oh well.

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thank god for Irene, saving the day in more ways than one. Blair would totally hug her if they weren't in public and, more importantly, if she wasn't about to have another fit.

"Hold on." Blair said in a strained voice, and turned away. Luckily this one wasn't so bad, as Blair coughed into the crook of her elbow in a practiced manner, but a little bit of phlegm came up that she had to swallow or spit out. So she swallowed. Yeah, not pretty.

"Sorry." Blair said, grimacing at the tightness in her chest. Inhaling as deeply as she could, Blair forced a grin back onto her face and looked back at Scarlett, who appeared lost in thought. Poor thing, that kind of effort couldn't be good for her.

"But yeah, thanks again! Hey, later on when we're done shopping, you wanna grab some lunch or something?"

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Blair didn't glare at Irene for suggesting she go to lunch with Scarlett of all people, but she wanted to.

"Nah, if you're busy I'll just wrap up my shopping. Thanks for finding this for me. See you later Irene!" Blair smiled sweetly, and walked off towards the register. Hmm, blowing them off was kind of a bitch move, but Blair was a busy girl! Plus, Irene was willing to throw her to the sharks of nerd talk, which required some form of retaliation. It was only fair.

After swiping her debit card and buying her new tee and a couple pairs of shorts she'd picked out beforehand, Blair looked back at the other girls. An odd sense of regret was washing over her. She shouldn't be so mean to her friends. Well, Scarlett was hardly a friend, but she kind of brushed off Irene, which was a bit nasty.

Eh, who cared? It wasn't like Blair would never see the other girl again. Hmm, what should she do for lunch? Panera's was good, but it was so carb-laden. Whatever, a salad would be fine, and maybe some soup. And some pasta. Blair was starved today, and cheating once wouldn't screw her up too bad.

Besides, she thought with a bitter feeling, it wasn't like she had to worry about long-term health issues anyway.

((Blair Moore continued in What a Day))

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Main Street · Next Topic »
Add Reply