Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Havana Escapade; You know, this would be a wonderful way for children to drink milk! (Open)
Topic Started: Jul 8 2015, 07:27 PM (1,081 Views)
Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Start Caleb Diamond)

Caleb was wandering down the hall, looking out the window at the bright sunshine. He shielded his eyes with a hand and squinted. His math class was on a short break before transitioning over to homework after lecture and he'd taken the opportunity to stroll.

His attention was drawn by a slight commotion in the closest classroom. A blur he vaguely recognized as Alba rushed in to the room, which he noticed smelled really good. He looked left and right briefly and followed her in.

In the commotion she'd caused, he'd gone unnoticed. He grabbed an apron off a counter, leisurely started munching on a square of baking chocolate and hovered near Alvaro's cooking station to look like he was a part of the class.
things
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
'Yeah," he said quickly. "Yes. Let's do cake. Cake right?"

He looked at the box in Alba's hand and waved dismissively.

"It's box cake, we've got this. I thought this was cooking class, not a fucking- uh- cake walk class. A brain-dead monkey could make box cake."

He flashed a brief thumbs up, but didn't venture a smile. People seemed to think his fake smiles were off-putting and weird the few times he'd tried it, so he didn't bother.

He looked over Alba's shoulder and observed the stirring. In order to actually see the bowl he straightened his back out of his characteristic slouch, bringing him closer to his actual height. "If it's box cake, after you stir in the eggs and whatever, you just stick it right in the pre-heated oven. Someone preheated the thing, right?"

things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Dude!" he said surprised. Caleb leaned in closer to Alvaro.

"Uh, hey man. We've been going to school together for years and you don't know who I am?" he said quietly.

"It's me, Andrew. Don't worry about it, we all have brain farts."

Caleb knew his identical twin Andy wouldn't mind. If he got caught he was 90% sure Andy would understand if it was for a snack.

He really didn't understand what was so difficult or arduous about this task that Alba was having so much trouble. The instructions were on the back and box cake had only three ingredients. Caleb reminded himself that people were at all different levels of capabilities.

In response to her question, Caleb waved a limp wrist in the direction of the cake pan, leaned against a counter and pulled his beanie down lower over his eyebrows.
things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It seemed like claiming Andrew's identity, the quickly running out of time to complete a cake and the general fact that he was some-what assisting them (or at the very least, not impeding their progress) was enough to get the Spanish inquisition of cake making off his back.

And even if that wasn't enough, Alba was running around and proving a pretty good secondary distraction. He would be fine.

Caleb eyed the set of measuring cups on the table while also occasionally looking back to Alba frantically looking for them. He watched for a moment and then picked up a new bowl and set it on the counter.

"I got us a bowl," he said.

He picked up the frosting recipe card and put one hand on his hip while he read it. "Easy buttercream vanilla," is what the card read. That sounded pretty good. He went to the class fridge, retrieved butter and milk and set them on the table near the bowl.

things

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Suspicion had been diverted elsewhere, he thought sleepily. Moving robotically, Caleb picked up the milk and poured into the measuring cup, stooping down to be level with the cup to see that the exact amount of liquid had been poured. As with chemicals, trying to eye the measurement from above the cup did not yield accurate results.

Then he remembered it was frosting and not dangerous chemicals, and dumped the milk into the bowl unceremoniously. Using the teaspoons he threw an appropriate amount of vanilla extract in with the milk, reasoning that wet ingredients mixed with other wet ingredients would be fine.

"Alright alright, let's get this done and get to cake." He paused. "Uh, go team," he added halfheartedly.
things

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · West Wing · Next Topic »
Add Reply