Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOTF's Tenth Anniversary
Topic Started: Jun 25 2015, 02:44 AM (1,660 Views)
MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So, as the notice at the bottom of the board mentions, today is SOTF's tenth anniversary. While I now most of us haven't been here nearly that long, and the site's style, location, and focus have shifted notably, a decade of existence for an online RP is still huge.

So, yeah! It's a party in this thread, I guess!
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Online Profile Goto Top

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You and I have been here for more than half of it. So that's a thing.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say
Offline Profile Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My graduation and the site now have the same anniversary.

That's sort of awesome.

Lots of amazing memories wrapped up here in SOTF. I quite literally grew up with the site and I think it's safe to say I've made some lifelong friends here.

Long may it continue.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Offline Profile Goto Top

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And it's all thanks to the hard work and enthusiasm of the members that the site's been around for so long. Kudos, everybody!
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die
Online Profile Goto Top

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Woo! Go us guys!
Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."
Offline Profile Goto Top

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A toast to another ten years c:
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
christ this makes me feel old
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Happy birthday SOTF! I've only been on the site for four years, but this site has been such a grand experience. My writing has gotten better, I've met amazing people, and I've been exposed to some wonderful media through it all.

Thanks again for everything, and let's keep chugging along so we can hit more milestone anniversaries.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sláinte!

I have to admit, I feel incredibly old. I'm the last member who's been part of SOTF from the very beginning, feels like a lifetime ago that I was running around with Kai, Dodd, Meg, Chase, Maka, Chad and the rest of the old guard. Especially since unlike, say, Elena, I haven't done a single worthwhile thing IRL in all that time, and I slightly resent having nothing to show for a decade of being on Earth but having been on an RP site for a long time. Not to mention, ten years is like centuries in internet time! We're like Rome or something. I can only name a couple other communities I've seen last ten years or more online, and I've only seen one other RP last as long, which did it by changing its focus pretty drastically and even then mostly because of the same couple people propping up a mostly dead-ish site. That could have been us, but instead we're an incredibly healthy board and community, the odd bumps and squabbles aside, and that's a hell of an accomplishment; I've seen boards that don't last one year, let alone ten, and it's a big accomplishment that even now the site hasn't shown any signs of slowing down. It wouldn't be the same without the membership we've gathered here, the sites that've tried to rip us off have proven that, and you guys are why I keep coming back despite how much I bitch about how old I feel. I think even without SOTF, we'd still be one hell of a community, and that's saying something. I'm glad to have found this place, and to have made the friends here I have, even if I suspect about half of you secretly hate my guts (not counting the ones who openly do so). :P

Also, a clipart cake:

Posted Image
Edited by The Burned Handler, Jun 25 2015, 11:31 AM.
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say
Offline Profile Goto Top

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Like a lot of people have said, I'm also really glad to have found this site. I've made some fantastic relationships and I think improved on my writing a lot. It's been a ton of fun (though I've only been here less than three years) and here's to another decade or more!

Thanks, guys.
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared
Offline Profile Goto Top

backslash
Member Avatar
Celestial
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We can now enroll SOTF in the fifth grade. Its middle school years will soon be upon us, beware.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others
Offline Profile Goto Top

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It's weird to think that SOTF itself could legally own an own zetaboards account in 3 years and roleplay with us then.

But party time!

TwelveFourtyFive plays the trumpet.
Offline Profile Goto Top

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
woaaaaaaah

it's always neat to be reminded how much of a history this site has.

so weird to think that I was a freshman in high school when I first joined, and now I'm about to go into college.
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
WE ARE NOW A DECADE OLD.

Posted Image
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

riserugu
Member Avatar
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ
[ *  *  *  * ]
Happy ten years, everyone! I haven't been active here in such a long time but I still like to pop my head in every few months to read through the latest threads. I'm so happy to see that things are still going incredibly strong and all the new faces that have come along since I've bowed out. You guys are pretty amazing and I'm always glad I was able to be part of this fantastic site.

Here's to another ten awesome years for SOTF. B)
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
Locked Topic