Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Not Quite the Zeitgeist; Open!
Topic Started: Jun 19 2015, 10:01 PM (971 Views)
CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
JENNIFER SU - PREGAME START

Jennifer made her own food about 97% of the time. It was something she greatly enjoyed, and something she took pride in doing. Most of the time, Jennifer didn't find the need to eat out. After all, nobody knew her tastes better than herself.

Of course, sometimes fate conspired against her. Sometimes she couldn't spare enough time to cook something properly. Sometimes, she wouldn't have the ingredients on hand, nor the time to buy them.

Sometimes, her stove would decide to stop working, for no particular reason at all.

And so it was here that she found herself, after asking her parents to call someone to get the stove checked, of course.

And, well, when it came to eating out, you couldn't go wrong with Cheryl's. Funny how untrue that statement was just six years ago. That would have been a scary thought, but Jennifer had only begun dining at Cheryl's a year and a half ago.

She could count how many times she'd been here on her hands, but, it was good food for what she'd eaten.

She had brought her sketchbook with her. She was planning to drop by the park later, and sketch a bit of the nature. And who knows? Maybe she'd find something else sketch worthy on the way there. Or on the way back.

She had just taken the last bite of her chicken and steak quesadilla when she heard coughing come from behind her. She instinctively turned and raised her head up, to see who had been coughing. Jennifer didn't want to intrude on the situation, but if someone was in trouble she wanted to help.

It seemed that she wasn't the only one with that idea, though, as almost immediately someone had rushed to help the victim.

Alice and Kiziah weren't people she knew very well. She'd had a few classes with Kiziah and saw Alice around the halls, but they'd never really interacted.

It seemed that the incident resolved itself rather quickly, though.

Jennifer wanted to get back to... whatever it was she was doing, but she decided against it.

The two girls were relatively unknown to her, and so it went without saying that she was an unknown to them as well. And with her mission to try and get to know more people in her mind, she wanted to try and interact with them.

"Um... hey...?" she said, trying to catch their attention.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Alice had peaked Jennifer's interest when she mentioned that she did drawings. And more than that, she was getting paid for it.

She was lucky to get money off of doing what she enjoyed, even if it was "not a lot", like she said.

"Ah, well... I just wanted to, uh... see what was happening. But I'm glad everything's okay," Jennifer said, in response to Alice's last remark.

But more importantly...

"So, uh... you draw too? Huh? You must be good if you're getting paid for it," Jennifer stated.

She'd thought about doing commissions herself. Well, it was some of her forum friends that said they would totally pay her to draw things, but Jennifer wasn't sure about that. She could probably make a bit of money doing it, but there was always that nagging feeling that her stuff wasn't good enough.

"Do you... do character work, mostly?"
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jennifer nodded in agreement to Alice's first statement. It was something she'd actually known, but there was still a feeling or something holding her back. She'd definitely gotten a lot of praise from other people on the forums, even from ones she didn't know too well.

She mostly figured that there wasn't much room for landscape drawings, which is what she specialized in. At least, there wasn't on the Internet.

Who knew? Maybe she was wrong.

Kizi decided, at that point, to follow up with a joke that might have gotten a laugh out of Jennifer if she didn't immediately follow it up with an explanation. Jennifer decided at that point that the best course of action was just to smile. It seemed Alice was steering the conversation towards Kizi, so Jennifer decided to let her talk. She'd hopefully be able to find something in common with Kizi too.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Uh oh, Alice had just put her on the spot. Jennifer wasn't expecting to be pulled back into the conversation so quickly, and let out a weird squeak before she cleared her throat.

"Ah, uh... well, um..." she stammered out.

Okay wait, what was the question again? Interests! Interests. She wanted to know her other interests. Most of them were sort of under the same sort of purview as drawing.

"Well... um, other than drawing, I, uh... play the piano. I really like music and I've... even composed a few songs myself. And uh... I also enjoy cooking."

Jennifer found talking about her interests comfortable, mostly because she didn't get to do it that often.

"The visual arts, the performance arts, and the culinary arts... I guess you could say that art is a big p-art of me."

That was probably the worst timing for a stutter. Oh god, they were going to think she did that on purpose, weren't they?

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Language arts?" Jen repeated, considering it.

Jennifer had never really been one for creative writing, though truth be told it was because she never really considered it. But Jennifer couldn't really think of creative writing being a thing she ended up doing: It was one thing to compose a song, or sketch a scene, or cook. It was quite another to imagine up a whole story in her head, and Jennifer never really had time to come up with those kinds of ideas. Most of her ideas were just ideas for new recipes, or things to sketch. And of course, with all the free time she used up studying, she couldn't really do that even if she wanted to.

Maybe if she had some sort of flash of inspiration? Nah, but that kind of thing never really happened to her. Jennifer was someone whose thoughts were more or less grounded in reality... But what about her songwriting? Although, that was something that was also grounded in reality, right? Considering that her songs were all instrumental, but... huh, she never really tried lyrics before, had she? Although she guessed it wouldn't be easy, and even then, she...

Jennifer was lost in a thought feedback loop, and had totally forgotten to even answer Alice's question.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
And then Jennifer also left.

((Jennifer Su continued elsewhere...))

In the past...

In the future...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Cheryl's · Next Topic »
Add Reply