Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Diaries; Open. Quiet time in the park. Nothing to do with diaries.
Topic Started: Jun 13 2015, 08:08 PM (1,306 Views)
MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
(Adelaide Walker continued from Every day is great at your Junes)

Adelaide was taking deep breaths from her nose and exhaled out her mouth as she checked her watch for the time it took for her to do her run. Normally, she would be at the athletic center in Sumac, since her parents paid for membership passes for the family, but it had been such a nice day she had decided to go out and get some fresh air instead of her regular time spent on the treadmill. She was wearing her usual running outfit of shorts and a tank top with a sports bra underneath. Sometimes she could get away with only the sports bra, but when her grandmother had seen her walk out of the house, in her opinion, was tight fitting underwear, she had pulled a lose fitting red tank on over her bra.

Now Adelaide was regretting her decision, as the cloth top was soaked with sweat from her exertion. She needed to find a way to cool her body off. She walked over to a nearby drinking fountain, close to where two other people were, and started taking sips of the cold water. The liquid had an aftertaste to it, but she had not wanted to lug around a full canteen during her outdoor workout. No use complaining about it.

She side-eyed the two while she was taking sips. They looked like they knew each other, but wanted to get some idea of how they acted before attempting to engage them in conversation.

The girl's posture did peak her interest, however. Meditation. She had read about it before, but save for middle-aged people at the gym she had never seen people her age take up the exercise.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A
V6 Pregame: 1-2
Image Song: TV on the Radio- Wolf Like Me

Frederick "Rick" Brea- N/A
Image Song: SOHN- Artifice

Version 5
(G006) Rosemary Michaels- Butterfly Knife: "H-h-heh..."- DECEASED
V5 Game:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-6 (Return)-9-10-11-12-FINAL

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
Adelaide finished her last sip from the fountain and responded to the greetings with a wave of her hand. "Hello, Penelope, Alessio."

Adelaide quickly used the front of her tank top to wipe off the perspiration on her upper lip. The two of them appeared nice enough, though neither of them were people she normally interacted with. The nose "boop" was pretty odd to see. She did not know it was an gesture that people actually did in real life. Oh well, it appeared good natured.

"Nice day out, isn't it?" Adelaide commented, stretching out her arms from side to side as she talked, before focusing on Penelope. "I noticed you were doing some sort of meditation."
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A

Version 5
V5 Game:

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nirvana, huh? She had been reading a few books on Japanese culture that talked about Buddhism along with other religious practices and ceremonies still done in Japan. Adelaide thought Penelope was simply relaxing, but apparently she was trying to "commune with nature." She was not sure about if the other girl thought what she was doing was a religious experience, but all of Adelaide's knowledge on the subject was through theory instead of practice.

"Interesting. You might have to do away with the tea though if you want your body to be cleansed?" Adelaide replied, but there was a teasing edge to her tone. Most of the bottled teas that were popular had artificial syrups and heavy amounts of sugar. Not the kind of thing that could give you a detox unless you searched hard enough. "Nonetheless, props to you for taking time to be at ease."

Maybe it was a little hypocritical, judging a drink by its contents over taste, but she had grown up accustomed to foods that did not hide unhealthy ingredients behind scientific names. If she made a cake, she knew how much sugar, fat, and salt she put into it. Bottled teas were much more tricky. She turned back to Alessio, who stood awkwardly off to the side with, she now noticed, bags in his hands. "You doing chores?"

Adelaide had never had to walk back home with groceries in tow, since it was either her dad or her grandma Marie that would shop for food. She only tagged along if she needed some of her own ingredients.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A

Version 5
V5 Game:

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
Adelaide felt slightly uncomfortable at the open displays of affection going on between Penelope and Alessio. The latter did not seem to mind the invasion of personal space, though. Maybe they were a couple? She guessed it was possible. She averted her eyes when Penelope wrapped her arms around Alesso's neck, trying not to... she didn't even know. She just didn't like watching people being all lovey-dovey in front of her. It was a mix of discomfort at seeing something intimate in a public setting, or maybe even envious of it. It all melded together for her. She looked back when she realized the pair were not about to make out in front of her.

"It does. I'm afraid I also haven't cut out all meat products from my diet yet, though." Adelaide replied to Penelope enquiry. Most of the meat was fish or chicken, but she could not deny herself freshly sliced and grilled bacon on Saturday mornings that Marie was able to cook even better than Adelaide's father, who was the actual chef.

"You have cats?" she asked, unable to keep the inflection of excitement out of her tone that came up whenever felines were brought up into conversation. Marie was allergic to cats, so even after she had moved to Kingman her parents refused her in getting a cat of her own. She had resorted to friends homes or feeding strays to get in her cat fix. It was a problem, she knew, but another temptation like meat she was unable to deny.

She never claimed to be Siddhartha Gautama.

"What breed are they?"

Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A

Version 5
V5 Game:

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
"No, sadly." Adelaide replied. "Marie's- my grandmother is allergic, and she lives with me, so we can't have any cats in the house."

"But I've heard of those breeds," All of them were relatively common cats in the United States, but four cats! Alessio was a lucky man. "What are their names?"

Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A

Version 5
V5 Game:

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh, perfect. She had been that obvious in her distaste that Penelope had noticed. And now the girl wanted answers. Did she expect everyone to be as open as her? Well, she was wrong.

"It's nothing." Adelaide replied firmly. She wanted to leave it at that. It would take all day to sort out her true feelings about PDA, but she knew part of the reason already. That was not something she was going to share with her two classmates out in the open. A ridiculous thought. "Its just something you do, so I don't have anything to say about how it makes me feel. How I feel about hugging is irrelevant."

Penelope looked to concerned for her liking, and Adelaide stepped back as the other girl leaned forward. She felt the sweat on her skin start to cool and give her a chill even in the Arizona heat. She could always use the excuse to leave by continuing on her jog, if it called to that.

"You were saying, Alessio?" she attempted to cut off anymore pestering by going back to the conversation about cats.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A

Version 5
V5 Game:

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
Adelaide smiled at the names. All of them sounded like people. No Snowballs or fluffy's in the bunch. Alessio probably cared a lot for his cats, and spent time deciding their names.

"Nice names." she replied, but then found herself in the position that she had nothing else to say. She had been too obvious in her discomfort, and then that had steered the main part of their conversation to annoying topics. And Penelope was blunt enough to bring it up in the first place. Mostly, Adelaide was annoyed with herself instead of the other girl, however.

"Well, I better get back to it. Don't want my heart rate to drop too low. See you around."

She started back on her workout, trying to jog away from the sense of unease.

(Adelaide Walker jogged on elsewhere)
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A

Version 5
V5 Game:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Sumac Park · Next Topic »
Add Reply