Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Super Dangan Mafia 2 Game Thread; BO BO BO BO BO BO BO BO BO
Topic Started: Jun 4 2015, 01:50 AM (11,449 Views)
frogue
Member Avatar
just a picture of a cloud
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Re: Doc

Doc's flip makes me a lot more comfortable about MW, since Doc's townie character killed like, two people and was of anything scummier than MW. It complicates things a little though, in that I don't know if we can necessarily trust his flavourless claim? He could well have looked up his character, seen that she was terminally scummy and that he'd probably be lynchbait if a massclaim ever got off the ground and then taken advantage of Vyse' flavourless claim to do the same.

Honestly I don't think that's super likely, and it's probably kinda pointless speculation? Still food for thought, though.

Re: Slam

Not sure what to make of this lynch. Slam's main push was Doc. He didn't make any claims about flavour/lack thereof. His play seemed pretty townie, though this is my first game with him so I'm not really sure what that looks like too well. It seems like quite a conservative choice? The flavourless people you wouldn't want to hit, because they're kinda scummy still, and the flavourful might have power roles so hitting them could be risky? If they're reluctant to take the risk of going after a power role, it makes me think we might have a very very small mafia, who can't really afford to take any hits? Perhaps something along the lines of what VT said, with like, a multi-Judas setup?

Again, this is like, very very speculative. I'm basically in agreement with Imehal that flavour is whack and can't be relied on to help us, though I do think it pays to keep an open mind. If we're intent on looking for multiple scum and there's only one of them, we could end up shooting ourselves in the foot. I kinda think at this point we can't assume anything about the game's setup.

Re: Bikriki

I think Bik at the moment is probably who I'm most suspicious of, just in that his play this time is so different to what it was in leaguemafia? Like phase one last time he was generally being townread pretty hard, because he had some really good stuff going on, asking good questions etc. Last phase there's like, nothing of him. Possibly he had nothing to add because the discussion was kinda one track, but then in league one of the things that came across as really like, quality and towny to me was his willingness to pursue leads and thoughts that ran contrary to what everyone was thinking/talking about.

This is just such a different Bik going on here, and I can't really see any non-scummy explanation for it. Like, he didn't have a power role last time that'd encourage more aggressive dayplay (eg. NK immunity) and he's said he doesn't have one this time, so it's not like he can have something that'd encourage more conservative dayplay (eg. doctor).

It's not like a 100% scum thing, cause there's no really scummy behaviour, just a lack of the towny behaviour that I'm used to? I'd be pretty eager for Bik to address this, though, and maybe get some reads + reactions etc. from him. Currently v suspicious.

Re: Unpy

I haven't had a towngame with Unpy yet. Last game we had like, two posts from him phase one, with no content. This is different, though that could be because there was like, zero mafia activity last time. A more active day one mafia chat might have encouraged a more active Unpy. He's been away and missed stuff, so I'll reserve judgement until he posts. Kind of a nullish read, pending hearing more from him.

Re: TBH

TBH is being very TBH-y. If he is mafia, I don't think he's being coached at all. Maybe an inactive mafia, maybe a mafia smart enough to let him do his own thing/ knowing him well enough to encourage him to do TBH-y things. I'd say most likely just town, though?

Re: Imehal

Here and here mentions having notes. Having notes is towny (since mafia don't really need to track stuff so much, since they already know what's going on) but bringing it up is a little scummy, since it tends to only serve the purpose of saying "hey look how towny I am".

The defence of Doc last phase felt pretty genuine to me, but it also doesn't really mesh with what she says here about the importance of day one lynches. It seems a number of the Doc votes were cast purely on the basis of it being our best chance for a lynch, but Imehal, despite explicitly stating the importance of getting a lynch day one, gets off of the doc train and starts pushing Unpy instead. Comes across as pretty inconsistent, so I'm lightly scumreading her.

Re: Vyse

Appears to have hammered Doc, but actually didn't: the hammer vote was Bik, Vyse was vote #10. Here in SWM deadchat, mafia!Vyse is pleading with mafia to keep Doc alive, because he generates a lot of suspicious/paranoia the longer he sticks around (someone elaborated on that in league somewhere, but I couldn't find the post) and that was kinda where my mind went with his pseudohammer.

I think genuine mistake is a lot more likely, though. The initial claim day one still comes across as very towny, and as a super risky thing for a mafia to do. In that same SWM deadthread Vyse says that good scum should always avoid attention, and what townplay I've seen of his has been very attention-y, so that seems consistent. I also don't really see the apology as scummy, either. It's the second game in a row Doc hasn't lasted past day one, I don't think there's anything inherently sketchy about feeling bad about that. In summary, dodgy vote, but I'm still townreading.

TL;DR:

Towny: MW, Vyse, TBH

Null (pending further comment): Unpy

Scummy: Bikriki, Imehal

Sorry for the wall of text! Could someone PM me with how to do those spoiler-taggy things, where you click on them and then it displays stuff?
Links

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
EBWOP: I have now been informed how to do those spoiler-taggy things

spoiler-taggy thing
Links

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Flare. Bik. Ohm.

We want your thoughts. Post more, d00ds.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aura
Member Avatar
Has seen that which cannot be unseen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Really, I think that the thing that's come off weirdest to me so far was when Imehal targeted Unpy for not posting much. Other than that, nothing's really hit my radar lately.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Inge
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
@Aura: She stated several times it was more than just the fact he was not posting much, it was more that he stopped posting after his theories from day 1 didn't make sense after the flip.
V6

V7

I do let's plays on my youtube channel here.

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
He stopped posting because he was away, though.
Links

Inge
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Alright, if he's got something then he can pitch up when he's got the time.

On that note, if we're gonna go for people who are generally quiet at this point, shouldn't we go for Bik? Other than the joke phase and the claiming round, he hasn't said anything substantial yet.
V6

V7

I do let's plays on my youtube channel here.

VysePresident
Member Avatar
Long-winded, meticulous, & thoughtful. Mostly long-winded though.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
UNVOTE

Need to think about this for a bit, but I don't have much time now. :/
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

(Relationships Planning Thread #Pi)

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Frogue
Jun 15 2015, 06:27 AM
Re: Imehal

Here and here mentions having notes. Having notes is towny (since mafia don't really need to track stuff so much, since they already know what's going on) but bringing it up is a little scummy, since it tends to only serve the purpose of saying "hey look how towny I am".
As a quick minor disagreement/adjustment:

Notes can be very useful to have as scum unless you in some fashion know you're the only scum around (and probably even then). Scum can be hunting roles too, just not the same ones as everyone else. If scum can isolate the cop/doctor, that's good news for them. I mean, contextually this is clearly different. Actually, that whole situation could've been pretty important to both alignments.

That said, the way it played out at the time actually read more townish to me than otherwise. It slipped my mind and makes me feel a bit better about Imehal on the whole.

But my overall feeling/reason for posting here is to say that in my opinion notes tend to be a pretty neutral deal overall, especially re: strange play elements.
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder drawn by Ryuki

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Frogue
Jun 15 2015, 06:27 AM
pending hearing more from him.

Re: TBH

TBH is being very TBH-y.
What's that supposed to mean? :P

Also, the code for spoiler tags is [spoiler ][/spoiler] (delete that extra space)
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

Imehal
Member Avatar
The Captain America of alien fighting.
[ *  *  * ]
I didnít say it before but bye-bye VoltTurtle. =(

I did check the away notices before I voted, but welcome back Unpy. I look forward to hearing your thoughts once you are settled again.

MurderWeasel-#254

Iím absolutely not saying that suspicion in a previous game exonerates me, or should convince you of anything. I was just pointing out facts as best I recalled them for the benefit of not just you, but the game as a whole regarding this matter? For those who werenít in game. It probably isnít relevant at all, youíre right, and Iíd have been eyeing you had it swayed you even a little.

Well, thereís a ton to assess in here isnít there?

Firstly this: ďsince Doc's townie character killed like, two peopleĒ. I assume you mean the flavour that was revealed on Docís flip? And Iíll play along with this discussion - if Doc did lie about being flavourless, what benefit does that give us now to look into?

Frogue, how familiar are you with Mafia beyond the site? Why would avoiding the flavoured because they might have Power Roles make sense? This question is more in keeping with discussing roles and tactics than the flavour, so Iíd like to keep it in that vein please.

Not sure what to say regarding Bikriki, except I genuinely had not noticed a distinct difference in playstyle so well noted. Iím also looking forward to seeing what he says in response?

What makes you think TBH is Town specifically, when a lot of other people are doubting him? I mean, I think I know why but I want to see if weíre on the same page here.

I mentioned the notes in regards to explaining my errors, nothing more. I make no secret of the fact that I collate information during games. Regarding the vote? I vote late in the first Day Phase. Had I been around for that last bit beyond stating that a lynch had been reached, I probably would have switched my vote to make sure we had something happening. As it happened, I did not get that chance for OOG reasons.

Interesting catch regarding VysePresidentís vote. I was maintaining a vote count, and I didnít notice that. I also just realised that I havenít given a read on Vyse since yesterday. Iíll go back and read through and give something substantial a bit later.

As a basis for timekeeping, I think we are nearly three days into our five day Phase?
[No claims on the avatar image]
v6 Relationship Thread Here!
v6
v5
You are all crazy!

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Imehal

I don't play mafia beyond this site. Played it in person in university, but haven't played it since, and never on a forum before league mafia. This is my second ever game of it online!

Flavoured having a power role is an inference I'd make: MW's role PM suggests that his character is unusual for having no powers, and we know the flavourless people don't have powers (or at least one of them doesn't).

Doc's flavour situation I would file with like, all the other flavour stuff we have: I don't think we should be investigating it now, but I also think we have to be very careful about making assumptions about it. I'd say that Doc was most likely telling the truth, but I think it's worth bearing in mind that he might not've been. Not pursuing at the moment, necessarily, but also not forgetting.

TBH I talk to on chat a lot, and he has quite a distinctive approach to things? Everything he's done so far has just been very... him. Getting grumpy about random voting and refusing to participate: yep. Clarifying that there's nothing personal about being suspicious of me: yep. Clearly having done a tonne of research on terminology and tactics before doing his reads: yep. More than that though it's just his tone and phrasing, all of which feels incredibly authentic. Sorry, I know none of this is that useful for people, especially if they don't interact regularly.

I did also notice, when trying to find something more specific to point out, that he got a lot more informed this phase, which is the opposite of what you'd expect if he were scum since there's no daychat this time. Only just noticed that now though, and the townread's mostly just based on general demeanour and authenticity. Someone else who talks to him often might be able to put it into words better than I.

Re: scumread on you, I haven't played with you before, so I can't really comment on your regular style. Other people weighing in re: that would be really helpful, actually. You're not who I think is scummiest, so it's not like I'm gonna push at this stage, but I'm still suspicious for the moment.
Links

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just to note it might be a while, as I've learned in the past my phone is not the best way to get my point across. Thanks xfinity.

That said, I would like to say that I'm not sure when ny theories stopped making sense.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Is it safe to assume no lynch, this phase? Like two people have voted.
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh, shoot. When does the phase end? If it's at any point today we're probably looking at a no lynch, because to be honest my mind isn't quite made up :/

If I come back from work and this is still going (and I can remember/be told when the day ends), maybe things will be different. We DO need to get the ball rolling here.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply