Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Puddles
Topic Started: Jun 1 2015, 06:09 AM (1,288 Views)
Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Practical villain problems!"

Pause recording, prop up phone on bench, check angle. All right, this would work.

Annnd... record.

"Hey Wicked Witch, come jump in the puddles!" a forcedly excitable tone.

"Sure!" Vinny leaped 'on camera' and into a puddle, then let out a screech. "OHDEARGOD!"

Miming melting was difficult, but Vincenzo just about managed it.

Back to the cameraphone, stop recording. That would fit into six seconds, no problem. Awesome.

It was only after Vinny put the phone in their pocket, a little grin on their face, that they realised that the scream might have attracted attention. Ah well, attention was fine. There was little Enzo did that didn't attract attention, honestly, and it wasn't as if they were the only person ever to record a vine on campus. They weren't even dressed 'weird', although Enzo hated calling their style weird. It was just, well, their style.

A furtive scope out of the area revealed that, no, there wasn't really anyone around, because it had just been raining all morning, you idiot.

There was, however, a girl - or at least, a girl-looking-individual, sitting on a bench, away off by themselves. That was strange in the middle of lunch... though Enza too was on their own. Damn it all, thwarted by their own logic. Did Vinny know them? Could've sworn... hm. The face was on the tip of their tongue.

Vinny threw off a lazy salute as they approached. Georgia! That was it. There was an extra bit... Georgia...Lee! Did she share class with them? But wait... no, she was in the year below, wasn't she?

"Hey hey, GLD," Enzo sprawled out on the bench, leaning both arms back on the table. "Not interrupting your phone date, am I?"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Just using it for its reflective qualities, huh? You'll hurt its feelings."

That same, slightly crooked grin remained on Enzo's face. They probably shouldn't tease so much, they knew, but... well, Vincenzo had never really been able to resist the opportunity for a good joke, and if Georgia Lee couldn't handle a little light jesting, then she probably wasn't worth the effort in the first place.

Eh. Maybe that wasn't fair. Enzo could honestly admit that their forthright attitude was a bit of a defence mechanism; if they put themselves out there, then it would quickly become clear who was and wasn't going to put up with them. If that meant alienating people who thought that Enzo was too forward, too outgoing, too brash? That was all right. It was a test, almost; Vinny always wore their heart on their sleeve, and while it was true they weren't constantly teasing, being a smartass, anyone that couldn't put up with it was going to be in for a nasty surprise. No, better to let people know what they were in for than wind up getting annoyed with Vinny later.

Though, really, there weren't too many folks around school that had managed to get over the genderqueer part and then subsequently taken issue with Vincenza's personality. It sucked that little more than their presentation was enough for others to give them grief, but then, that was people. People were shit most of the time.

Georgia Lee wasn't looking one hundred percent comfortable, for her part. Probably bugged by Vinny coming out of nowhere to interrupt her 'mirror time'. Enzo didn't know, though... she seemed kind of, well, a little glum, as much as Enzo was any good at reading mood. They liked to think they were decent at it.

"Just not a lot of people out here, Rainy," Enzo remarked cheerfully, slipping into their habitual style of naming without even thinking about it. "Was wondering what had you all by your lonesome, was all."
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
'Difference of opinion', which, Vinny knew, was code for getting into an argument. Enzo never really understood why people did that. It wasn't as if they were going to think that it somehow wasn't an argument just because Georgia phrased it so delicately - and the passive aggressive streak to the condemnation made it perfectly clear that the girl was annoyed by what had happened. On top of that, it wasn't as if Enzo was going to get their panties in a bunch if Georgia just told them what had happened. It clearly wasn't private enough for Georgia not to say anything.

Eh. Whatever. They supposed it was just another way in which they looked at things differently to other people. Vincenzo wouldn't call it tactless so much as being direct. They knew when to keep their mouth shut, for sure... they just didn't see the point of dancing around the point.

"Sucks, Rainy," Enzo replied, after a second, and quite honestly. They were loud; they knew full well that they were very loud. That was why they tried to keep that kind of thing out of study areas. Well, not even tried. They did keep it out. Because, y'know, vining was fun and all but vining where other people were trying to do work went from funny to just plain trolling, and hey, sometimes Vincenzo wanted to use the library to study, too. Do unto others, or whatever. "Figures people would screw around indoors when the weather isn't great."

"Me, well..." Enza shrugged, smiled again. "I can screw around perfectly fine outside."
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Vincenzo tried to keep a smile from their face and didn't quite succeed as Georgia, to put it quite lightly, went off on a little tirade. They figured that she'd be wrapped up enough in her own irritation that they could maybe get away with finding it funny, and maybe it wasn't entirely fair to express sympathy and then find mirth in the situation. Honestly, it was more that Georgia Lee was just so flustered about what had happened. Like, of course it sucked that she'd been interrupted, and moreso that whoever had done the interrupting had acted like they'd done nothing wrong but... aw, c'mon, it was still sort of funny that she was so wound up.

Hehe, 'larking'.

While they were on the topic, was it hypocritical of Enzo to be all snerky and at the same time make nice? Enzo didn't think so. It was possible to find humour in something that one didn't necessarily agree with, and hey, Vinny would rather laugh something off than get pissed off. If Enzo allowed themselves to get annoyed at everything, then they'd barely get anything done. They'd be miserable all the time, and the entire point of... well, being how they were was to not be miserable.

Meh. Nobody could fault them for being themself, right?

The smile broke out into a full fledged grin as Georgia Lee continued on, inadvertently sounding like she was condemning Vincenza. They didn't think that the girl actually meant that how it had come out, and Enzo's teeth snagged their lip, trying to hold back from bubbling outward.

"Don't worry, Rainy, I make sure I do whatever I want away from people who might get mad. Heck, I'm not risking one of those rants turned my way," Enzo winked, taking a little of the sting out of their words.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Georgia Lee wasn't the worst company Vinny had ever had, they decided. Maybe just a little on the highly strung side, though there were far worse faults to have. Enzo could tick off several that they themselves possessed and, by their own reckoning, they were pretty fun to be around. They'd hang around with themself, given the opportunity. Who wouldn't? Vincenzo was awesome. Either way, with that vine from before in pocket, chatting with GLD was a decent enough way to kill some time, chill out for a bit en route to the afternoon nightmare that was Enzo's English class. Ugh. English. Critique and essays beckoned, Enzo's most favouritest schooling endeavours.

Vincenza tuned back into what Georgia was saying, and then for the first time, their smile faltered. Oh, okay, wow. This conversation went from kind-of-entertaining to pretty-dang-serious in a hurry, didn't it?

The future, graduation. Those topics weren't exactly nearest and dearest to Vinny's heart. In fact, in the case of a few specific areas, they were a little bit afraid of what lay ahead of them. The idea of college was an intimidating one, and Enzo was still racked with indecision as to whether they wanted to apply at all. On the other hand, remaining in smalltown Kingman forever, with its goodly array of people who weren't shy about calling out Enzo's 'oddities'... that hardly appealed, either. Would it be any better anywhere else? Vincenzo had a lot of friends in Kingman, but a lot of them would be scattering to the winds across the country at the end of the year, higher education and fame and fortune beckoning.

Damn, GLD sure threw a curveball there.

Vinny rubbed the back of their head, sat up a little straighter. "I dunno, really," they replied softly. "Sometimes I wonder if I could go big with my online stuff, but it's tough. You don't just make that into a career overnight. I want to... well, I want to make sure I can keep doing me, and maybe that means leaving Kingman," a sudden laugh. "So I guess I don't really have a plan, no."
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Vinny brightened again as Georgia Lee zeroed in on perhaps their favourite hobby. Definite favourite, if combined with streaming games. The topic never failed to capture their enthusiasm, mostly because it was gratifying to both enjoy doing something and have other people, well... enjoy watching you enjoy it? That was sort of what streaming was, though there was also a personality element in there. Enzo was glad that they were good at finding things to talk about and commentary to make, otherwise they'd be hopeless at attracting interest.

"I do a few things, actually," Enzo replied, smiling genuinely. "Let's see... well there's my youtube channel, but that's mostly for collecting the other things I do. I'm not really that great at video editing. Then there's my vine page... I make vines all the time, like seriously all the time," Enza bit their lip, holding back a laugh as they remembered when the handful of occasions they'd roped other students or even teachers into their work. GLD proooobably wouldn't find it as funny as they did. "And I also stream games. Try to do that every day for at least a bit, if I don't have too much work. My channel's not famous or anything, but I pull a good crowd I guess. I did try a blog, but it's not really my thing. I'm not much of a writer. Would rather be on camera."

They paused for a few moments. "So uh, yeah, that's me, Rainy. Online stuff. Weird's a selling point," Vinny said that casually, like it didn't bother them. And truthfully, in many ways it didn't. They were who they were. Anyone who had an issue with that...

Their train of thought was interrupted as, out of the corner of their eye, beyond Georgia Lee, they spotted someone walking towards them. Making a beeline, actually. Enzo's eyebrows rose.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Vinny switched their attention away from the oncoming person to actually listen to what Georgia was saying. To do otherwise would be rude, and Vinny tried their best not to be rude. Thoughtless at times, perhaps. Besides, GLD was still asking about their shenanigans on the internet, which was more than Enzo had expected. Usually people switched off early if they weren't interested, and Vincenza had definitely had Rainy pegged as the the type to look down on their hobby.

"If you look for 'Vinney Gatti' on Vine, you'll find my account. Uh... that's Vinney with two Ns, though. Just a little- well, you know," they grinned sheepishly. It had seemed like a good idea at the time, but the pun had induced more than its fair share of groans. "The rest of my stuff is... hm, well, my twitch and youtube have the same account name - which is 'TheAmazinGatti', all one word, but only one G," they chuckled softly. "I hope I don't sound full of myself for having my name all over everything. I mean, I am pretty awesome, but I hope I don't sound full of myself," a wink, and then their attention was drawn back to their visitor as they spoke up.

Tall, skinny, dark- oh, Fiyori. Yeah, so far as standing out in a crowd went, that girl was pretty memorable, and this was Enzo talking. They didn't really know her especially well, beyond the usual classmate association; seemed to run in different circles. Enzo, after all, wasn't a social butterfly, wasn't hugely for the party scene unless music or Brady's bunch (ha) were involved. Not that odd, they supposed. Odder that she was approaching out of the blue, really.

Vincenzo tipped a lackadaisical wave towards Fiyori. "S'okay. Just chatting with Rainy, here. Recorded a vine so, you know, productive. Sort of."
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Another slightly sheepish grin. Yeah, Rainy got it. Got the very cheesy pun that they'd probably be kinda worried if she didn't get.

Enzo considered themselves to be a people person. In that they were pretty good at picking up other people's moods, if not actually catering to those moods. Cause that wasn't Vinny's job to do that, in their opinion. However, they were good enough at the former that they could tell that GLD wasn't precisely thrilled at Fiyori rolling up. Actually, there was an instant - could they call it a retreat? It was kind of like Rainy had just ducked behind all of her barriers that Enzo had drawn her out of with their easy manner.

Hm.

Vincenzo rubbed their chin absently, eyes drifting between Georgia and Fiyori. Then shook their head in reply to the question.

"Nah. I did it on my own, then saw she was out here by herself, figured I'd chat," they favoured Fiyori with a smile. "I'm good at chatting."

Fiyori muttered something under her breath that Vincenza didn't quite catch, even when they inclined their head towards her. They got the sense that Fiyori had meant to keep it to herself... though in that case why even say it out loud at all?

"And you? Why you out and about here, chihuahua?"

Cause, y'know, Fiyori. Fifi. It was like a dog's-

Nevermind.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rainy was still staying kind of quiet, and now Vinny knew that something was up here. Although GLD hadn't been super open with them, she'd at least been carrying a conversation with them. Now, though, she'd clammed up completely. Enzo had to wonder whether there was genuine animosity between GLD and chihuahua. Maybe that was going a little far. Maybe they just didn't like each other much.

Interlacing their fingers, Vinny tucked their hands behind their head and leaned backward, scanning the other pair thoughtfully. They didn't really have a vested interest in ensuring that those two got along. Wasn't as if these were two friends of theirs having a spat, where they'd be seriously trying to play peacemaker. Still, they didn't like to see people fighting, so they supposed they should probably keep an eye on them both to make sure that friction didn't cause sparks.

Then Fiyori pitched a curveball and pulled burritos out of her bag.

Enzo found themselves grinning. Peace offering? Well, actually, they'd only had a light lunch, cause of having that vine idea and wanting to get out the minute it stopped raining so that they could film. As a result... their stomach gave a quiet gurgle.

"Aw, shucks, you sure know how to find a girl's heart," Vinny answered with a wink, dropping their hands to accept the proffered food. A delicate bite, another smile. "So you made this? S'good!"
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No big surprise; GLD wasn't interested in eating. Vinny wondered, briefly, whether that was because she actually wasn't hungry or because of whatever was passing between Fiyori and Georgia that they weren't quite following. Something was up, but they didn't have their sleuthing hat on.

Their sleuthing hat was the best for thinking things through.

Fiyori seemed pleased that Enzo liked their food, though. Psh, look at them, Mister and/or Miss popular today, making all the friends. Too bad that the girls weren't playing nice, really, or this could have been a great little diversion from work for a lunch break. Ah well. Enzo knew better than most that some people just plain didn't get along, and that trying to change that wasn't really worth the effort. God knew that they'd made enough people prickle in their time.

Vinny rubbed their nose, smiled again at Fiyori.

"All righty, Chihuahua. I'll catch you later. Thanks for the food."

A lazy salute to say goodbye, and then settled to take a few more bites of burrito, glancing at the clock on their phone, glancing back to GLD.

"Hate to leave you hanging, Rainy, but my next class is the other side of campus, so I better scoot. Keep your head up!"

They hopped to their feet, flicked their wrist in a wave, and walked away, taking the first few steps backwards before turning around, stretching and thinking ahead to the rest of the day.

Stream tonight? Stream tonight.

((Enzo continued in The Black River))
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · Grounds · Next Topic »
Add Reply