Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pool Slingshot; P.E. class at the pool; open!
Topic Started: Jun 1 2015, 01:25 AM (1,373 Views)
KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
To say that Junko liked P.E. would be like saying water is wet. Being someone who was as physical as her, of course she’d love the class where she can fully indulge almost as much as she wanted. Almost. She remembered how Coach Parkinson yelled at her once because she jumped into the pool as a freshman. That afternoon she got a pretty good lecture on ways she could hit her head if she dived incorrectly. It sucked. It was a pretty good motivator not to do it again, though. She didn’t want to spend another afternoon learning about all the ways someone could get brain damage. Even if she had to restrain herself sometimes. It was difficult when she had to.

But, that didn’t mean she didn’t like Coach Parkinson as a teacher. In fact, he was one of her favs. He was better than Ramsey definitely. It wasn’t her fault she chose track instead of gymnastics way back when, before she knew there was going to be favoritism, damn it. And sure, Parkinson could be harsh on slackers. But if you at least showed an interest in P.E., well, you have his approval.

And P.E. was what Junko was good at.

The afternoon P.E. class was abuzz on the bleachers, dressed in their swimsuits as they chit-chatted. Junko leaned forward on the right end of the bottom bench, dressed in her red one piece.

Swimming was something she knew something about, of course. Sometimes everyone on the track team had to do a few laps in the pool. It was good for cardio, right? An hour running laps had similar perks to an hour swimming. So of course she was pretty good at swimming too.

Parkinson stood up, and began talking. They weren’t allowed to go into the water until he said so. Junko looked around her. Swimming during P.E. wasn’t anything new, not at Cochise. And it wasn’t the first time they had swam this year. So, no one was going to drown, unless they wanted to risk hitting their head or another lecture.

As Parkinson talked for a few more minutes, Junko was trying her hardest to pay attention. She really was. But... well, one could see the anticipation on her. In her posture, on her face, everywhere. Her eyes locked onto the shining water behind him. It beckoned for her, called out for her.

Junko smiled. Then that smile became a frown as some asshole behind her just so happened to kick their leg in just the right way, knocking her water bottle down. Thanks for that, she grumbled mentally. It was good the cap was on, at least. Pretty damn sturdy, too. Junko reached down, feeling her fingers wrap around the steel bottle. Maybe she should just… keep it on the ground or something.

At least Coach Parkinson was almost done talking, though. Then? She could enjoy herself.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Junko slid the bottle upright, rather than putting it back where it was. Yeah, it was probably better on the ground. Sure, someone, heck, even her, could still kick it over, but it seemed safer than on the bench next to her.

Somewhere, she heard a "Sorry" that sounded familiar. She pulled herself back up, only to see it was- oh, of course, Ty Yazzie. He was kind of a douche, she remembered. It seemed like the rumors of his dickishness had decreased over time, but she wasn't sure how much he was still. The athlete in her couldn't help but admire his dedication to wrestling, though. Not gonna lie, wrestling was awesome. She was a track person, of course, but wrestling was still cool.

She just gave a toothy grin, a clearly false one. Okay, Yazzie. She'd assume that was an accident. For now. Maybe it wasn't, but as much as getting her bottle kicked over was bad, it wasn't worth yelling about. Somewhere she heard someone crack a joke about it. That was Nadia Riva. Junko and her didn't have much in common, to be honest. Nadia was kind of a girly-girl fashion type, while Junko... well, she liked other things. As funny as it was, she just didn't see her learning how to rollerblade. She and Yazzie were seniors, too, that she knew.

Well, that's one interpretation for what Ty did. He was just excited. Like she was. She was excited as hell to get into that water.

"Couldn't blame him", she said.

The same toothy grin had remained on her face, There was something more genuine in it, though.

Okay, so Parkinson got to the point. Laps. He understood that other students were at different places swimming-wise, but as long as you at least tried in Parkinson's class, it was all good. Laps were nice, though. Volleyball was good, too. She had to pick? But yeah. Laps. Just keep it nice and slow for starting out.

Finally! He was letting them in.

Junko stood up, and stretched, leaving her towel on the bench. Ah yeeeeeeeees. Time to swim. Time to do something she was good at.

It was good that Jerry was in this class, too. Her and Jerry, they went way back. He understood what she was like. He'd seen it all with her.

She felt tempted to tell him that she bet she could get more laps faster than him. Because, you know, she was like that! But then she looked over to Parkinson, and remembered one thing he kept drilling into everyone's head when doing laps at all, and not for like, track or something. Don't make it a competition. Right. Let's not, then.

She just waved.

Then she stepped towards the pool, sticking her foot into the shallow end.

No diving, no dares. Sucks, yeah, but she was willing to play by Parkinson's rules. She respected him, after all.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((I have RC's permission))

The water was cool, in multiple ways. It was cool in that it made her skin less warm, and cool in that it was a good experience. Taking a few seconds to tread water, Junko then pulled away from the edge.

There were still a few people hesitant to get in, poking their feet inside. Wimps. It's just water. And they had to get in eventually. But she couldn't help but smile at the idea. She wondered why there were still people surprised that they had to swim. Oh well, their problem, she guessed.

One arm forward, the next up. The legs kicking. Junko decided on using a front crawl today. It was what she preferred when swimming, after all. No doggie paddles for her. Anyways, she soon got to work.

Even though Parkinson said "don't make it a competition, it's just warm-ups"... Junko couldn't help but feel a sense of accomplishment with each person she was ahead of. She had always been proud of her physical abilities. Who wouldn't? She was good at track, and at rollerblading, and even though she sucked balls at first, she was quickly getting better at parkour. As far as she was concerned, she had a right to brag, and a right to show off.

At the end of the day, she was still Junko, after all.

As she swam, the other side of the pool got ever so closer. A few people were ahead of her already, too. Junko tried her hardest to focus on her laps rather than anything else, but that meant she wasn't paying attention.

And paying attention was important, or else your arm ends up crashing into someone next to you. Like right now.

"Ah, sh-" she began, but stopped herself. "Sorry, Jerry."
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A whistle.

“Hey, Kurosawa, what’s going on?” Parkinson’s voice piped up.

Shiiiiiiiiit. He noticed. This was not the day to get in trouble in P.E. Even if Jerry was fine, and it was an accident. It was never a good time to get Parkinson on your case. Junko turned to him, treading water. He was standing at the edge closest to her, trying to figure out what just happened. Right, let’s hope he believed her when she said it was an accident.

“I wasn’t paying attention, and… I think we kinda crashed into each other”, she said. “He’s fine, though.”

Parkinson frowned, and looked back to Jerry. Then back to Junko.

“Pay better attention.” A few seconds later, he spoke louder so everyone else could hear. “I want to see everyone trying their best here! Do laps, and then we’ll have time for volleyball!”

Volleyball, once they were done with laps. Right. As much fun laps were, volleyball would probably be more fun. For starters, it would probably be more… acceptable? Correct word? Well, okay, she would be able to compete and show off. And there would be less chance of crashing into your friends. Less.

Alright, Parkinson. She could play by that. No getting distracted, no crashing. Noted.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Junko stopped again, treading water to see-

Was this shit for real?

Junko knew that what she just saw wasn’t something her brain made up. But did Jerry just get into another crash? This time it was the swim team girl, Mia. In some ways, Junko admired Mia. She was dedicated, damn it. They never talked much, but she was supposed to be really good at swimming. Cheerleading and apparently BMX, too. Of course Junko would approve.

She didn’t approve of Jerry being the crash monkey for today, though.

At least she had a sense of humor about it. Junko tried to stifle a laugh. Tried. But it only lasted a few seconds. She laughed anyways. Okay, Mia, you win. That was actually pretty damn funny.

It was like a game of dominos, wasn’t it? Pretty soon Mia would crash into someone else, and they’d crash into… dunno, Nadia, and it’d all loop back to her. No, not dominos, then. A cycle. A cycle of crashing while swimming. Even if someone could have drowned, it was still funny to her.

Once she was done laughing, she said:

“Let’s not crash any more, ‘kay?”

She still smiled, though.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Junko continued to tread water, still with a grin on her face.

"Wow, Mia, you really..." she paused for effect. "... Rose to the occasion, didn't you?"

Again she laughed.

What? She liked puns. She didn't get why they were considered the lowest form of humor. Sure, there were some corny ones, but some do hold water. Junko had never drifted away from puns, and probably would never. They weren't a particularly deep brand of humor, but she loved them.

Right. Anyways.

"Yeah, we should get going", she said, taking another glance at Parkinson. Currently he was gazing right at them. "I don't wanna get into hot water with the coach."

With that, she went back to her front crawl. Of course, she paid attention this time.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The puns got a good reaction out of them, she saw. Too bad Junko’s name wasn’t that punnable, at least in the English language. Was “punnable” a word? She had no idea, but it should be. She’d support every step of it getting into the English dictionary. It had a nice sound, and if… whatever that volcanic ash lung thing was there, along with “swag”, “punnable” should be there too. Anyways. You’d have to go into the Japanese language to get a good pun off “Junko” or “Kurosawa”. And she didn’t think Mia or Jerry was too familiar with that.

Anyways, no more puns, or else Parkinson will have her swamped after school. And she didn’t want that. She had things to do, like… skating. And homework. And games- yeah, not too much, actually. But she didn’t want to spend the afternoon in detention because of crashing and puns and god knows what else.

Let’s just hope the rest of the class goes normally.

((Junko Kurosawa continued in I Hate Mustard))
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Athletics · Next Topic »
Add Reply