Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hello I would like friends please; For my character, not for me, although actually I'd like friends too
Topic Started: May 13 2015, 05:21 PM (1,167 Views)
frogue
Member Avatar
just a picture of a cloud
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hello! My name is Frogue and I made a profile for a character, and it hasn't been approved yet but it's here.

Her name is Georgia Lee Day! Georgia Lee is her first name, as opposed to Lee Day being her last name. I realise that's confusing but I've locked that in.

She's very driven and motivated and whatnot, and respects that in other people, so I guess people who are ambitious would be get along with her? She studies a lot, and does SAT prep classes and is in softball and a church youth group and works at the safeway and volunteers at this elder care thing. She tries pretty hard to be friendly, and thinks of herself as easy to get along with, but she's also competitive, oversensitive to criticism and tends to put her own goals ahead of others', which may put people off of her.

Of late she has been getting on people's nerves a lot, so I guess at the moment I am looking for people with pre-existing positive relationships with her? Friends, coworkers, church people etc. Also Slam and I are always looking for more softball peeps!

Spoiler: click to toggle

Thanks!
Links

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, it sounds like they'd get on! YAYFRIENDS
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay all of these are great!
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Given that Jen has some scholarships lined up already, that makes me think she's a senior? They have different career ambitions, but they're both aiming to scholarship their way out of Kingman, which are similar enough goals that Georgia Lee would probably be quite competitive with her, and kinda see her as a rival? She'd definitely be nice to her face though, and study + work with her, though. A critical thinker would actually be a fantastic person to talk to Georgia Lee, since despite like, thinking pretty highly of her intelligence, that's not really something she does all that well. If there are multiple perspectives on an issue, she'll tend to just accept the first one she hears, and then dismiss all the others, instead of like, comparing and evaluating them. Even with her life goals, she's kinda just internalized her parents' values (despite like, trying to be independent from them) rather than actually sat down and thought about who she is and what she wants. Talking to someone who she considers an intellectual equal, but who's more capable of that sort of contemplative thinking, could stand to really shake up Georgia Lee's worldview!

With Ariana, it'd be good to have someone with whom to volunteer with. Georgia Lee's methodism is kinda the same as her ambitions - she just adopted it by default, rather than thinking about it, and isn't really all that spiritual. She's not really capable of the sort of soul searching it takes to stop being religious, but it really only plays a part in her life as a means to an end, in terms of padding out a college application. A genuine believer might pick up on this, and it might make them kinda uncomfortable - I don't know how like, devout Ariana is, in regards to this. You say she's quiet in her religion, but is that just like, in terms of talking to other people about it? Or is it also something that to her isn't that big a deal.

Georgia Lee's been in Kingman her whole life, so she'll definitely know someone as social and prominent as Irene. She might be made a bit insecure by Irene's natural academic abilities, but they're sure to be at least familiar with one another, and probably friendly if not quite friends.

Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, I like the idea of them having drifted apart! Georgia Lee's kinda naturally a critical person, though she tries to hide it, but their former friendship might give her the impression that she's entitled to like, share her opinion on Irene's life choices and such. Not sure how Irene'd take that.

I have zero plans as yet for anything in pregame/in game, so feel free to PM me if you want to sort out something more concrete!

Oh, just as as a thought, given that Georgia Lee hasn't had much in the way of male experience and plays softball, there may be some rumours regarding her sexuality, which might colour her and Jenihfer's relationship?
Edited by frogue, May 19 2015, 06:50 AM.
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think Georgia Lee could probably do with some criticism! I'm not sure how much would get through to her, though: she's pretty blind to her own faults, and so tends to kinda interpret any like, critique of her behaviour as sort of a personal attack on her. Still, I think someone giving her like an outside perspective on her behaviour'd be good, and if she respects him his advice might like, actually make a difference? Idk. I think her and could be good peeps though yeah, if occasionally antagonistic.

Georgia Lee's not like, super up on her theology, and her religion isn't really an important part of her life. She kinda goes along with it because she was brought up that way and isn't really inclined to the level of like, critical thought and introspection it takes to like, take a look at your faith and ask yourself whether it's something you actually believe in. She's pretty involved in her church, though, mainly to pad out her university application but also 'cause she kinda thinks it makes her like, a good person? I don't know if like, inter-denominational charity events or fundraisers or what have you are like, a thing that's done in the states, but if they are then they might know each other from there? Mary kate seems super friendly and likeable, so I can't imagine they'd have a bad relationship, but I do kinda think that if MK is looking for like, a theological discussion she should probably look elsewhere, as most of Georgia Lee's thoughts on God pretty much amount to like, blithe recitations of things she's heard in Church.

If Audrey's seriously aiming for an Ivy, her and GLD would be pretty well acquainted I'd imagine, as GLD's pretty into her SAT prep and her Ivy application forums. They could be like, study buddies! I also don't think that she'd be like, too weirded out by all of Audrey's filming - she might find it strange, but she probably wouldn't hold it against her.
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wow super late reply but I also think her and Nathan would get on. Also Nathan is a+ so am excited to be involved w him
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
New guy needs new friends! Could one of those friends be you? Almost definitely it could! Johnny is wholly unappealing, so he'll take whatever he can get!
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey, his future's looking just as bright as everyone else's.
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Have a new kid! She is friendly and sociable and involved in the art and camping communities. She has odd political views but these are not well known.

Any and all relationship suggestions welcome
Links

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply