Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Every day is great at your Junes; NANAKO F-FETCH ME SOME S-SAUSAGES (Open!)
Topic Started: May 9 2015, 04:08 AM (3,325 Views)
Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
JASPER BUSTAMANTE: PREGAME START

Jay Jay ‏@fisda916 now
Southwestern heat is killing me rn (;ÓmÒ;)
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Jasper shoved his phone back into his pocket as he strolled through the downtown, wiping the sweat off his brow as he walked. Kingman's climate was hot year-round, though Jasper preferred the winter average of seventy degrees to the hundred degree weather of summer. Today's temperature was lower than average, not cool by any stretch but not as hot as it could be. It was one of the reasons Jasper decided to spend the rest of his day out on the town. The other one was just an aversion to being at home. While he was content spending time in his room browsing the web, his father was off on a case and his sister was over at a friend's, leaving him alone with his mother. He didn't dislike her, but he didn't want to deal with her, so Jasper figured that he'd get out of the house while he could.

At the moment he was aimless, walking through downtown with no real destination in mind. He felt like he should be heading indoors soon. It was still hot, after all, and he couldn't stay outside forever. He glanced around at the storefronts, pausing when a familiar name caught his eyes. Vacanti's.

Jasper knew Alvaro from the soccer team, and they got along well. Alvaro was sweet and friendly, and Jasper liked him a whole lot. He didn't frequent Vacanti's enough to be a regular, but he came around a lot to eat and chat. It wouldn't hurt to pop in.

He strolled into the cafe, smiling at Alvaro and waving. "Hello!" He also noticed that other classmates were here too. He talked to Lily sometimes, though not in recent memory. As for Adelaide, he only knew her by name, face, and secondhand information. She seemed like an okay person. He nodded at the two in acknowledgement, flashing a grin.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
The girls only gave passing acknowledgment to Jasper, though both seemed absorbed in something. He paid no mind to it. He turned his attention to Alvaro, who asked for his order.

"Sure," He said, glancing at the menu. A lot of sweets were on the menu today. "Ooh, could I have some caramel slices?" He replied, turning back to Alvaro. Oh, he needed a drink, too. "And some water, please."

Alvaro was always working here, and Jasper heard that he was supposed to take over the family business. Whatever floated his boat, he figured. Well, at least Alvaro had a secure job after he graduated in a few months. Jasper would miss him, though he'd probably be working here full-time. He could always visit more often, but after that, he'd be in a different state. Jasper's interests laid elsewhere, somewhere that wasn't in the middle of a desert.

What a shame. He really would miss him.

"So," Jasper started, leaning back with both hands behind his head. "How was your day? Anything interesting happen?"
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Ah. Slow day, huh?" Jasper replied casually. "Was it slow in the good or bad way?" Jasper slid into the nearest chair, keeping his attention on Alvaro. "Like, was today the kind of day you wish was over sooner or was it more of a pleasantly quiet one?" He leaned on the table, head propped up by his elbow as he talked.

"I wish mine was the latter." He sighed. "Today was just so slow. Dunno why, but class just dragged on today. At least I didn't get much homework tonight..." He trailed off. "But hey, that meant that I didn't have much to do, so now I'm here!" He added, smiling at Alvaro. "I feel like I should come here more often."
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
So Alvaro's day was the good kind of slow. Good for him. Jasper wasn't too fond of them himself. They may have been pleasant, but nothing happened. It was a boring day in Jasper's book, and if he found himself in one he'd try to liven up things the first chance he got. That usually involved talking to people or going out, like he was doing now. He took a quick glance at his phone to check for anything interesting as he listened.

He chuckled at Alvaro's response. "That's a very honest way of putting it," He teased, looking up from his phone and smiling. "But I wouldn't mind contributing to that! It's not like you're using the money for anything too wild, and it's always good to support you local businesses, after all." He went on, waggling a finger for effect. "Of course, you're also a good friend of mine, so that counts for something."

Jasper's smile faltered as he looked at Alvaro. He wasn't looking too hot, shaking and breathing. Was he okay? Jasper slid his phone back into his pocket as he raised a brow. "Er, dude, are you feeling good?"
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
He didn't seem fine, despite assurance to the contrary. Jasper thanked him when Alvaro brought out his order, and nodded as he excused himself. "Nah, it's fine, man. Take care."

With Alvaro leaving, Jasper shifted his attention to the caramel slice. It looked delicious- he expected nothing less of a place like Vacanti's. But first, he took a long sip of water, enjoying the cold water as he drank. Afterwards he popped one of the slices into his mouth and, oh, it was just divine. Okay, that might've been an exaggeration, but they were really good. Vacanti's was a quality establishment, and it was going to be in good hands if Alvaro took over. He had talked about going back to Mexico, though, leaving his father to take over in Kingman. It looked like keeping in touch with him was going to be harder than he thought. Jasper couldn't help but feel a little sad. He'd miss him.

The sound of the door opening and the familiar voice made Jasper turn towards the person entering the cafe, and upon seeing them he broke into a huge grin. "Caedyn!"

He liked Caedyn. They shared some interests, although other than that they didn't have a lot in common. Caedyn liked Jasper, though, and she listened, and that was good enough for him. He waved and indicated for her to sit down across from him.

She made her way towards...Lily, of all people. Huh. He vaguely remembered the two of them having something between them, but it might've been a long time ago. Whatever it was, it was something Lily preferred not to bring up, or it was bad enough to make her loathe Caedyn. Or maybe she just loathed Caedyn in general. A lot of people did. Caedyn did acknowledge him, though, and he smiled in reply.

The wink was still a little unsettling.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh. Jasper forgot that she worked here. She was wearing the uniform, after all, though he didn't notice at first. It was pretty hard to notice the things Caedyn was wearing, since her dreadlocks were the first thing your eyes were drawn to. It was one of Caedyn's defining features, and he grew accustomed to it.

He waved at Alvaro as he left before looking over at the other table. Adelaide was trying to give her their plates, though Caedyn seemed to be lost in thought. He couldn't see her face from here, but he had an inkling that she was considering the possibility of those two being together. Jasper chucked to himself as Caedyn jumped to such conclusions. It might be true, but Jasper was way too oblivious to notice that sort of thing. Caedyn was infamous for jumping to these conclusions, so this didn't surprise Jasper in the slightest.

Neither girl seemed comfortable around her, and Lily excused herself to go pay for her food. Jasper smiled and nodded as she passed, popping a carmael slice into his mouth as he whipped out his phone again.

Jay Jay ‏@fisda916 now
Out of the heat and in a nice cafe rn! dang these are some good caramel slices (UwU)
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Caedyn's mocking tone caught Jasper's attention, and he looked up from his phone to see her mouthing off Adelaide.

Oh god, was she starting a fight now?

Jasper stood up, pocketing his phone and glancing over at Lily as she tried to diffuse the situation. Poor girl. He appreciated her bravery, but she didn't understand that Caedyn was more of a force of nature, one not easily stopped. Caedyn was a foot taller than Lily, and would probably just push her out of the way.

All Lily did was get herself in the crossfire.

He kept his distance, inching away from the group. A part of him wanted to try and mediate and say something, but another part of him drove him away. It just didn't seem like a good idea to him.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
It worked. Jasper was relieved, letting out an internal sigh as Lily succeeded in diffusing the situation. Caedyn backed down and turned to Jasper as the girls chattered. The tension had passed, and now he was just meeting a friend.

"Heya Caedyn! Sorry, I kind of forgot you worked here," He chuckled. "Or I did know, but it slipped my mind. Besides, I came here on the spur of the moment, y'know? Didn't have time to tell ya!" He eased himself back into the chair, taking another caramel slice as he smiled at Caedyn.

"So how are you doing?" He asked, taking a bite and looking expectantly at her. "Anything interesting happen today?"
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Caedyn was being her usual melodramatic self, going on about lovebirds and other things. Looks like she still wasn't dropping that. Jasper smiled and ate another caramel slice. He took a sip of water as he lamented the fact that he was on his last caramel slice. He'd have to pay up soon, but he may as well stick around to talk to Caedyn.

Adelaide and Lily had hurried out after that, leaving him and her alone. Caedyn took this opportunity to talk in peace. "Oh, her?" He mused, turning around to face her. "That's Adelaide. She's in our grade, actually. I don't talk to her much, but I haven't heard anything too bad about her." He paused before continuing. "By the way, I didn't know you knew Lily! But it looked like you two had some bad or something. What's up with that?"
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
They were exes? Interesting. Jasper made a mental note about it as he sipped his water. He wasn't knowledgeable on his friends' romantic escapades, but he was interested, especially since there was so much beef between them. "Did you?" He asked. "When was this? Middle school or something?"

If it was middle school, then Caedyn must've been really terrible to leave such an impression on her. Jasper didn't blame her. He'd admit that Caedyn was a bit difficult to deal with even as a friend, and he couldn't imagine what it'd be like to be her lover. Jasper liked her, although he wasn't sure if he could handle being in a romantic relationship with her. He shrugged it off and eyed the last caramel slice. He was wondering if he should save it for later.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
So it was middle school. Jasper vaguely remembered Caedyn mentioning a goth phase in middle school, and he chuckled at the thought. She was way to peppy to pull off being goth, and not enough angst. He imagined her wearing all black clothes and black makeup, with dyed purple hair and looking sad.

Yeah, he couldn't take that seriously.

Caedyn excused herself to check something. Jasper nodded as she left, glancing at the last caramel slice and then at the counter. He reached over and popped the last slice in his mouth. He stood up, walking over to the counter and paying Alvaro's uncle before strolling out of the cafe. As he stepped out into main street, he too took out his phone and opened Twitter.

Jay Jay ‏@fisda916 now
Mmm (-u-) who knew caramel slices were so good?

((Jasper Bustamante continued in Sibling Apathy))
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Main Street · Next Topic »
Add Reply