Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
HUG ME; I'm not too late to this don't be silly.
Topic Started: May 3 2015, 04:43 PM (1,404 Views)
Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A relationship thread? What're the chances?

Y'all know the drill by now, be my friend or mortal enemy or intimate lover or guy down the street from.

Nate Turner

Nate's a swimming and soccer team member (he's more casual about the former than the latter) cooking enthusiast, theatre nerd (though his acting still leaves something to be desired) and an active Christian, specifically Methodist. Nate's a very enthusiastic and hard working fellow who likes to get along with people by sharing these traits. He's also really really clingy when he gets anxious, and he has a fairly anxious disposition to begin with. He also has proportional dwarfism, which he's pretty insecure about.

Nate's looking for friends and foes alike. Friends can be born of shared interests, sympathy for his anxiety problems or just plain mutual like, but teasing him about his height (or frankly teasing him a lot in general) is probably more likely to upset him than anything, so those sort of friends may not be super sustainable. Foes can find any reason to be against him, either because he won't leave you alone when he's upset or just because he's so easy to upset in the first place.

+ Asher Glas ~ Soccer Bros
+ Clarice Halwood ~ Various topics buddy
+ Conrad Harrod ~ Swim team shenanigans
+ Jasper Bustamante ~ Christian Soccer Bros
+ Kaylee _____ (TBH's gal) ~ Drama geeks
+ Curtis _____ (TBH's dude) ~ Drama geeks
o Georgia Lee Day ~ Fellowship acquaentinces.
o Rod _____ (TBH's guy) ~ No strong feelings
o Samuel Howard ~ Amicable acquaentince
- Darius Van Dyke ~ Total Deeeeeeeeeeeck
- Haley Juarez ~ Insensitive jerk
- Cris ____ (TBH's guy) ~ Don't tell me what to do

Vanessa Stone

(Bit of a WIP still, some aspects are up for changing)

Local rocker, softball player and wild party gal, Vanessa has pretty poor impulse control and just goes for whatever she feels like doing, a lifestyle her dad enables with a very generous allowance to substitute for his constant absence from her life. She's generally used to having things revolve around her and getting her own way, but she's also a loyal friend who's quick to come to their aid, though she can be difficult about it if she has to sacrifice something important to do so.

Vanessa's also looking for friends and foes in general. She's already got a BFF through Cameron Herrig and is a member of legendary rock band Peyote Coyote, but she certainly needs friends from the softball team and other pals in general. Plenty of reason to get pissed off with her too and be an enemy, considering how much she wants things to go her own way with little disregard for people who might not have that luxury.

+ Danny Brooks ~ Casual buddies
+ Haley Juarez ~ Play hard all day erryday
+ Cris _____ (TBH's dude) ~ Sup, man?
+ Kaylee ____ (TBH's gal) ~ Casual buds
o Lily Caldwell ~ Potential go-to mechanic but otherwise indifferent.
o Rod _____ (TBH's dude) ~ Don't try to shut down my band.
o Curtis _____ (TBH's dude) ~ I'm supplied, thanks.
- Georgia Lee Day ~ Freakin' tryhard.
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Asher and Nate should be bros. I missed out on bro time with you last version. Let us bro time.

Soccer bros should absolutely knock each other's balls around.

Quote:

Nate and Clarice would prolly get along really well. They both do track and theatre, they're both really enthusiastic and hard-working, and she's chill about people being clingy or nervous. And she'll verbally headbutt anyone who's an ass to him.

I feel like Danny and Vanessa would probably get along? Unless Danny asked her out and got a yes in which case it probably ended up badly. He's also honestly kind of a pushover when it comes to what other people want to do so there wouldn't be much clashing in her wanting to do stuff. (Arguments are hard, if he's uncomfortable enough he'll just escape.)

Vanessa might have bumped into Lily here and there just because of parties but that's likely the extent of it.

Nate and Clarice prolly would get along really well, especially if she's the type to stick up for him.

Danny and Vanessa could have a great casual romance if he does ask her out, and his pushover nature would make them even more compatible from Vanessa's perspective.

Vanessa prolly thinks Lily's too much of a nerd to be interested in her, but at the same time as you say I can't imagine she knows her all that well to begin with. That said Vanessa also has a jeep which she loves so if Lily was willing to tune that up for her from time to time then there might be a nice friendly business relationship going on.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
NO HUGS NO FRIENDSHIP.

Quote:

- So I could see him and Irene having quite the history. They were probably elementary school friends, she would have been super friendly, might have been initially hard to stomach but she'd have stayed the course. She'd be protective of him, and eventually she does join him in both soccer and theater, at least for a time, and she'd probably still see him after school occasionally in those activities through her informal association with both. I'm curious about how he'd react to her anti-theism tendencies and opinions as she hit high school though. They both seem like the sort who mutually can't let go of friends due to stubbornness from different sources. Maybe they can get argumentative or he quietly dislikes her sometimes?

I can see them having been pals in elementary school, particularly if she got to him before his bullying problem started in the fourth grade, and I can see them being soccer and theater club buddies too. Her anti-theism tendancies might get on his nerves, depending on how pushy she is about them, but I don't think Nate's particularly bothered about people of other faiths so it shouldn't be a huge hurdle. Overall a nice casual friendship that's been going on a while is totally on the plate.

Quote:

Asimah would have known Nate through Irene and she could have been one of his tutors in the past. How'd he have reacted to being flirted with? I can imagine it might be something of a confidence booster, even if he turns her down.

Can't comment on knowing her through Irene until I've got that settled but Nate wouldn't have had a tutor due to the family being on a tight budget. Also honestly I'd prefer it if she hadn't tried to flirt with him, so for the most part let's just leave these two unintroduced for now.

Quote:

- If she ever met Irene I could see them getting along not necessarily due to shared interests but very shared lasseiz faire outlooks on life. They're both blessed with good lifestyles and getting their own ways, and I could see them bonding over spending sprees in LV or whatever, and Irene can be dragged out to parties even if she's not too much of a drinker or druggie. Sort of like, individually it doesn't seem like they'd get along but when put together their traits strike me as fitting together pretty well... That could also make them strong enemies as well though! Honestly dunno how to call this.

Vanessa does do drugs and I imagine she drinks too, so that might be awkward for Irene. However, I can see what you mean about their personalities merging together whilst clashing at the same time, and I think there could be an interesting relationship there.

Quote:

- Asimah and Vanessa could meet through parties. Asimah would have flirted. Etc.

They totally could have met through parties. Vanessa does NOT appreciate girls flirting with her though, so that'd probably put an end to it there and then unless Asimah backed off, and even then it might still be awkward.
Edited by Slam, May 13 2015, 05:44 AM.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh my, so many new friends suddenly :)

(By the way guys last names when you name your kids would be helpful for me compiling the list!)

Aloha

TheBurnedHandler

Frogue
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Nate does not like this person at all >:C

Quote:

Vanessa likes this person very much :).

Also I have to assume Vanessa and Kaylee would be friendly on a skin deep level then.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I NEED A MAN GUYS.

I haven't roleplayed a relationship since V4, and I've decided that my next character is going to be pretty gay, so I'm looking for potential boyfriend material. Actual boyfriend with thread(s) 'n' stuff, not just 'these two are dating but never actually bump into each other'.

I'm still in the initial stages of concept so you will have to bear with me, but the alpha version is that he's a pretty emotional and affectionate guy who wants to be a chef, but also has some self-esteem and negative thought pattern issues.

If you think you'd be interested in something like this as a starting point, do drop me a shout here or by PM or whichever.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Howdy, Corey.

Had a looky over Lani and Juniper. I agree that Nate would know Lani and Juniper through mutual interests, and I see no reason they couldn't be buddy buddies with each other.

Vanessa would probably not find Lani that interesting, and Juniper's personality quirks might actually make Vanessa think she's too much of an oddball to like her. So indifference towards the former and being put off by the latter is the vibe I'm getting.

These are just surface reactions based off your tl;dr friendship thread summaries mind, so I might be missing some of the finer details.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I concur that Jane and Vanessa could've crossed paths at parties, though I don't think they really have much in common outside of that, and their shared desire for everything to go their way may lead to actually not getting along. Hard to say right now, really. I agree that Nate and Candice would know each other from theatre, though Nate knows jack all about the Kardashians and would most likely politely smile and nod.

IN THE MEANTIME I feel like I need someone to actively pick on Nate soon. Everyone's so damn polite and friendly with him in his threads so far.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yugi I didn't forget to reply to you I swear.

Alvaro and Nate can certainly be buds! He probably doesn't have much time to be a café regular, but everything else sounds kosher. Vanessa and Alvaro have little reason to know each other, I agree.

Nate is happy to dislike Jeremy if he takes the piss out of his height, you bastard. Vanessa is cool with Jeremy's mutual interests if he's willing to let her take the spotlight.

Nate is happy to be friends with someone who doesn't like bullies like Ben. Vanessa and Ben could totally have bumped into each other over ball a few times.

And now that we have a new character, it's time to request new friends!

Sandy Bricks
Keep in mind that, as Sandy is in the critique phase, elements are still subject to change.

So Sandy's a fairly to-himself kind of guy who's big on art, but he still wants to connect with other people and has sporadic attendance of the art, newspaper and yearbook clubs. Would like to find some people for him to be buds who can deal with his low moods with, but any ideas for relationships are always appreciated. He's also into dudes, so if you're a dude who is also into dudes then perhaps there's some spark there when he's up for being around other people. Go forth and suggest stuff~
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hello frands.

Nate and Noah should definitely know each other from drama club. Depending on whether or not Nate's familiar with Noah's drag act (I haven't read in the profile in a while, you'll have to forgive me) he may find it a bit odd and perhaps a tad confusing, but the guy's not that judgemental. I also agree that Nadia and Sandy could get along relatively well, if being introduced through the photography then leads to a general amicability.

I must admit Maxim and Sandy doesn't immediately jump off the page at me as a dynamic duo; if anything their lack of shared interests and mutually reserved nature makes me think they wouldn't have much reason to strike up a huge conversation. That said, there's no reason that it has to be completely off the table, and perhaps if the two interacted we might see something more apparent. Hard to say at this stage.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply