Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Is it bright on Planet Cool?
Topic Started: May 1 2015, 10:42 AM (1,051 Views)
CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Sandra Dyer continued from The Weekly Grind.))

They say that stealth is the essence of a good greeting. 'They', of course, being Sandra in this scenario. So when she saw Bryony sitting by herself at the Diamondback, she knew she had to say hi. You know, the Sandra way.

Actually, Sandra was hankering for some ice cream right now anyway. That Bryony was also there was just a coincidence, but a fine one all the same.

As she quietly tiptoed up to the girl, she noticed she was playing her 3DS. She peered over, being as careful as possible not to show her big, dumb grin in the reflection of Bryony's screen. Bryony was playing Shovel Knight, if she was remembering the name correctly. Even though Sandra didn't really consider herself a gamer, she knew a lot of people who were, so she liked to stay informed.

Sandra also knew that games were serious business, so she had to find a good time to attack, lest she be on receiving end of a fit of gaming anger.

She backed up a bit, crouched, then pulled her scarf up to cover her mouth, and crept toward Bryony.

She waited for a lull in the gaming action, then put herself close to Bryony's ear and whispered:

"Heeeeeeeeyyyyy, Bryonyyyyyyyyyy..."
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Probably. I mean, I did decide to come here to get some ice cream," Sandra replied, finally lowering the scarf from her mouth. The heat never bothered Sandra as much as it did some other people, it seemed, which was why she was able to wear her scarf like this. In the summer, though? Forget that.

"See, yeah, I was going to get da cream, but I saw you, and I thought I'd try a magic trick that I saw on the Internet once. Levitating a person in the air," she said, switching to a flourish at the last sentence. Then she made an exaggerated thinking pose and continued, "I must have done something wrong though, 'cause it only worked for a few milliseconds."

Her smile returned at that statement.

She backed away a bit, before doing finger guns at Bryony.

"I'mma get me some of that sweet cream. Keep my spot open, 'kay?"

Then she headed into the store, fishing out her wallet.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sandra returned shortly, one chocolate chunk ice cream richer. Sandra really enjoyed chocolate ice cream, but putting chunks of chocolate in chocolate ice cream? Genius.

"I have returned, friend!" she said triumphantly, as she sat down on the chair opposite Bryony and set down her ice cream.

She took a spoonful of the cream, and brought it to her mouth.

"Sho, how'sh dife meen chritig yo?" Sandra said. In her eagerness to eat the ice cream, Sandra forgot about basic manners. There was a short pause as she pulled the spoon out of her mouth, and swallowed the ice cream.

"I mean, 'how's life been treating you?'" she repeated, this time with more comprehensibility.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sandra didn't want to laugh at Bryony's little quip. Not because she didn't find it funny or because she didn't want to find it funny. The comment was so unexpected that it crossed over into being worth at least a chuckle.

No, the reason Sandra tried to keep her laughter unreleased came down to the simple fact that she currently had large spoonful of ice cream in her mouth, and she didn't want it running down her chin and onto her scarf.

To that end, she covered her mouth as best she could, made more complicated by the fact that the spoon was still in her mouth. Still, she managed to avoid letting any ice cream fall out of her mouth, at the expense of having some of it go down her windpipe instead.

She hacked and coughed, ejecting the spoon onto the table. She hit her chest a few times.

"B-Bad timing! That was... well it was good timing, but it was also bad timing!" Sandra cried, breathing heavily, as a few stray tears formed in the corners of her eyes.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
((It's okay, it turns out that I'm also really bad at being punctual.))

After Sandra waited to clear it up a bit, she calmed down. She hit her chest a few more times as her breath returned to her.

"No, no, I'm fine. It just... took me by surprise, is all," Sandra said, hands balled into fists as she cleared her throat.

After Sandra had returned to a baseline state of 'not choking', her smile returned to her face. She, apparently thinking that lightning never strikes twice, immediately scooped another spoonful of ice cream into her mouth. At least having learned her lesson from last time, she at least waited for her mouth to be empty before speaking.

"So... the game you were playing... it was uh... Shovel Knight, right?" Sandra asked. She'd look like a huge idiot if she got that one wrong.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Bryony seemed surprised that Sandra knew about Shovel Knight. On the plus side, she'd managed to get the name right. But Bryony was right that it wasn't the most mainstream of games. In fact, Sandra probably wouldn't have heard about it all, it in weren't for a certain streamer friend of hers.

Bryony continued to talk about games, and Sandra had to make an effort to follow along with the topic of conversation. Most of the stuff she knew about video games, she'd talked about with Vinny, but some of it she barely remembered. If it hadn't actually been played on the stream, Sandra had trouble grasping it.

"Ah, yeah. It looked really hard from what I saw of it. Oh, uh, I've never actually played it, haha. But, uh, Vinny was streaming it a few times, so that's how I know of it. Uh. It was actually funny to see some of the parts where they died over and over."

Sandra wasn't a gamer, not really. She kind of wanted to get into them, after watching Vinny stream, but they looked super...

Hard. Scary. Frustrating. Pick one.

Although, she guessed that's what made them good streaming games. Maybe she would ask one of her friends for some easy games she could play.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"I'd watch you stream," Sandra said casually, scooping up the last bit of ice cream from her bowl into her mouth.

And she would, too. After all, even though she wasn't a gamer, she had gaming friends, and Sandra always liked to hang with her friends, even if they were doing something she had no idea about.

"As for what you could talk about... hmm, I dunno, you could go for an educational angle or something, to teach newbies like me what's happening. I watch Vinny's streams a lot but half the time I don't understand what's happening!"

Sandra shrugged.

"I dunno, I think you could do it if you wanted to."

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Sure! I mean, why not? I say go for it!" Sandra said, trying to reassure her friend.

Bryony was still unsure, and Sandra guessed that that was just like her really. Sandra would genuinely watch Bryony stream, though. After all, what kind of friend would she be if she didn't? Well, that example is kind of niche, but the principle was the same, right?

She felt a rumbling from her pocket, and pulled out her phone, looking at the screen.

Her eyes widened.

"Oh, shit, I totally forgot!" Sandra said, hurriedly packing up her things.

"I gotta go now, Bry! Thanks for the chat! If you ever do start streaming, you let me know, okay? I'll be there!"

And, having rattled of that series of sentences, she jogged off.

((Sandra Dyer continued in Driving Me Crazy.))

In the past...

In the future...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Diamondback Ice Cream Parlor · Next Topic »
Add Reply