Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Imparare; Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio
Topic Started: Apr 29 2015, 02:42 PM (730 Views)
Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Friendcannon Model Abby v.6: Target Acquired))

Abby wanted to like Shakespeare. She really did. The influence of his work and all that, great, fantastic, clearly literature wouldn't be where it was without him, she knew that. At the same time though...tragedy just wasn't her thing. Sometimes you can't work things out, and sometimes bad things happen, but the problems in Shakespeare's plays seemed solvable if everybody wasn't so darned crazy and sneaky. So much of it came down to miscommunication, too, that it frustrated her and could throw off her mood all day if she thought about it too long.

Hamlet wasn't so bad, she guessed, since all that measured up to a bunch of lying and stabbing. She really felt for poor Ophelia, though. Used by everybody, drowned in a pond, and then more or less forgotten while the plot tromped on. The whole thing hit uncomfortable close to home. Maybe it was for the best that they were spending most of their time talking about crazy old Hamlet and not about that poor girl.

As much as she disliked the subject, Abby tried her best to pay attention in class. She really did, even with Dante sitting next to her scribbling away, or bursting with a fit of energy to try and catch up after his mind wandered off. She tried her best to keep her eyes forward and nod along to the conversation, taking her own chicken-scratch notes and not so much at glancing over at the goofy boy beside her, definitely not letting the corners of her mouth turn up into slight smile or allowing her curiosity to drive her to peek at his scribblings whenever Mrs. Webber turned her back.

Being an honest girl, she couldn't say she she succeeded. But she could darn well say she tried.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Going on a long away, double-posting to exit Abby for thread-mate convenience since I won't be able to post for awhile))

The dreariness of the classroom was really starting to weigh on her. She reckoned that a little bit of air and a drink would freshen her mood up a notch or two. It'd certainly beat sitting here looking for distractions.

Abby quietly excused herself with a hall pass and bounced out into the hallway in search of a fountain.

((Abby Floyd Continued in Extraordianary Machine))
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · East Wing · Next Topic »
Add Reply