Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Don't Call it a Comeback; Open
Topic Started: Apr 26 2015, 09:23 PM (1,775 Views)
Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
[Fiyori Senay, continued from Rain, Rain, Go Away]

"You sound pretty creepy... you know that?"

Fiyori emerged from one of the changing cabins. A red jacket - an incredibly lively and intense red - held loosely in her hand, she approached Nadia. Fiyori went shopping for new shoes just a few moments ago. In fact, she already had what she wanted - a pair of new boots that would hopefully leave her feet warm until proper Arizonan weather kicks in. Then she saw one of these strange vintage shops and figured she'd pay a visit.

Coincidentally, just as Fiyori was busy with trying on that cute black dress with the white polka dots and the bow as well that one red jacket... actually, no it was probably not a coincidence to suddenly overhear Nadia saying such strange stuff as 'who will live a second life with her' or whatever. Was the kinda person really into fashion stuff. Too much, if somebody asked Fiyori, but people were wise enough not to do so.

"Yo. What's up?"

She raised her arm as a greeting.
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
She laughed. Internally, that is. Her mouth just turned upside for a moment at Nadia's remark. Licking and naming them, huh? Fiyori could actually see people do just that. Probably only when nobody's around and looking. Licking clothes in a store surely meant you had to buy them. Hopefully.

Nadia mentioned that she only looked for stuff so that she could have a vintage photo shooting. Fiyori wasn't sure what exactly she had to imagine, but she got the base of it down. Nadia, one of these chicks who dreamed of being glamorous and chic and what have you. A model, in short. Honestly, Fiyori thought it was dumb as fuck - but again, nobody asked for her thoughts. Fortunately.

Then, she began commenting on Fiyori's current choice of clothing. The ribboned polka dot dress was cute, duh. She knew so. The jacket was not fitting, though... apparently.

"Well, you're the expert."

Fiyori looked to the side, identifying a clothing stand nearby. She aimed shortly, and threw the jacket.

It missed. Fell on the floor.

She shrugged and gave Nadia her attention again.

"So... vintage photo shoot, huh?"

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Another girl appeared - Lola... or Lily, Fiyori wasn't that good with names - and slid past Fiyori to pick up the jacket. Huh. Fiyori send a short baffled glance at... L. Didn't look like she worked here, but whatever. Fiyori gave her a small mockery of a salutation in thanks and listened to Nadia again.

It was for a blog or for a portfolio, Nadia elaborated. A result of this retro stuff being fashionable now in 2015. Fiyori pondered who the hell decided these things, given that she was sure all this retro-stuff has been around for, dunno, the decade at least. Mostly on fat chicks, if she recalled right, but not that she cared much. See, this was why she wasn't the expert.

Seeing the - what was the term again? Jeez, Nadia just said it - thing she grabbed from the racks, Fiyori could not help but furrow her eyebrows. Was that really 'in'? She eyed the example sceptically and eventually let out a small puff of air.

"I retract my statement. This looks horrible."

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
L stared at Fiyori, then at the jumpsuit. She commented that the green of the dress was a good color. Fiyori stared back at L. Okay. Fine. Fiyori was no expert. L, however, was even less of one. Seriously, what was that thing on her head? A sun hat? A florist's diarrhea? Gaia reincarnating on L's head? The woman, at least, was conscious of that fact, and quickly removed the hat. Fiyori chuckled a bit.

Nadia fetched a new piece in the meanwhile. Something that screamed retro but could be modernized? Uh, that was too high for Fiyori. The dress shirt she pulled out though. Man, that was a nice one. Fiyori could imagine wearing it herself. No wait, she probably had a similar one in her closet. Maybe. Should probably sort stuff out eventually and clear some room.

She continued to chuckle a bit: "Yeah, that's true. Much better."

Then, in a swift motion she extended her arm towards L.

"Ah, your hat by the way. Looks terrible, mind giving it me for a moment?"

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I figured." Fiyori smiled a bit as she took the hand from L's hands. Only to promptly put it on her own head. She was looking around for a mirror in the room, while trying to adjust the hat to be more or less sitting well-placed on her head.

Hm, no mirror? She could've sworn there was one placed somewhere nearby. Oh well, she could imagine how ridiculous she looked.

Nadia in the meanwhile walked over to the changing booths. Fiyori looked after her a bit but then focused her attention on L by turning to her.

"So, what're you searching for?"

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
She chuckled at L's proposals. Fiyori looked down to the girl (now that L was standing next to her, Fiyori got how incredibly tiny she was - kinda cute, in a way), smiled at her and took the hat from her head once again, to twirl it around her hands, the fake flowers occasionally brushing against her wrist.

"Yeah, I'd be naked and people'll just go 'wow, Fiyori, what a nice hat!' or something like that."

Nadia returned, with the denim dress on her body.

She presented it, asked Fiyori and L about whether it'd look good on a photo. With the correct shop, Fiyori was about to say. But nah, she actually liked the way it looked.

"Ah yeah, it's awesome. What's the price tag saying?"

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It was within her budget, aha. That could mean a lot, but sure, it was an answer at least. Fiyori glanced down to the polka dress. That one was sixty bucks. No idea whether that was much or not. For Fiyori, at least, it was cause enough to think deeply about any potential purchases. It was hella cute... but it was also quite the bit of money. A dilemma...

Nadia in the meantime decided she needed the appropriate head wear as well. Fiyori was about to jokingly offer her the flower parade on her head, but Nadia already went straight in direction of the hat racks. Fiyori glanced over to L, shrugged and went after the fashion dick.

Suddenly, a boy came forward and stepped between Nadia and Fiyori. Actually, no wait - he nearly stepped on Nadia. Fiyori stood still, somewhat surprised.

Her eyes, almost if caught by the color, darted to the shorts and... uh jeez.

She snorted.

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
She retained her bemused smile for a bit, but soon the boy - she knew him, went to school with him... must be Ash or something - excused himself with all the charm he could muster. Which frankly was not a lot, but it got another chuckle out of Fiyori.

Ash tossed the shorts to the side and fled the store, as if running from a crazed serial killer who was offended by Ash's fashion choices. Fiyori glanced to Nadia, pondered it for a while and decided not to make the joke.

"Well..." she addressed the two people with her. "On to the hats?"

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And so it turned out L needed to leave ASAP as well. She was gone quickly, and so Fiyori and Nadia were alone again. Well, alone meant them being the only Cochise students around the shop. Unless there was another student hiding in some rack waiting for their chance to - dunno - jump on her shoulders or something.

Nadia went and grabbed one of the hats - a classic bowler hat - and tried it on while studying it's look in the mirror. She turned to Fiyori for advise.

"You actually don't?" she remarked about Nadia's fake square glasses comment. Amusing and snide reply aside, the hat did look well on Nadia. Perhaps Fiyori was not a fashion expert, but she could see the bowler hat complimenting this... uh, retro chic or something that Nadia went for.

"On a serious note..." Fiyori took the easter parade off her head. "As long as you have something... uh, classic or so. You know, something simple and elegant, it should be great for photo shoots or, dunno, formal wear. I mean, you can go full hipster on special occasions, right?

"I'd laugh at you if you was to wear that to school, though."

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Who the fuck was Lena Dunham? Some... sort of fashion icon? That fell out of grace, maybe? Maybe not? Fiyori had, despite her earnest desire to speak enough and satisfying bullshit, reached the end of her fashion knowledge.

Fortunately, Nadia directed another question at her. One Fiyori could work with.

"Well, I..." she stumbled at first. She looked at the polka dress in her hands and the easter parade hat in the other. She quickly threw the hat - like a deformed Frisbee - away. Technically, it was supposed to land in a stylish manner on some rack or so but it fell on the floor too.

"Was actually buying shoes, but then I saw this store and I figured I'd give it a visit. You know, my mother tends to dress like... dunno, this retro style. I think. Guess. Looked good on her, so maybe it'll suit me too.

"But it kinda shoots past my budget, so I'll... well, not buy this. Maybe another time."

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nadia acknowledged Fiyori's ramblings as a reply (phew). The girl seemed to have made her decision though, thanked Fiyori and went for the booth to change back. Well, Fiyori guessed she could ask, or like, look for this photo of Nadia later. Probably looked cool.

Fiyori went back to look at the polka dress, contemplating whether to buy it or not. It was pretty, but it also was kinda expensive and Fiyori would feel guilty later on. Surely.

Ah, well. She went to one of the nearby racks - if she recalled correctly the one where she initially got the dress from - and put it back again. There was a lot more fun stuff to blow money on. Food. Stuff to smoke. Maybe a gift, like a birthday present for someone. The dress itself would've been broken pretty soon anyway.

Come to think of it? Did anybody of her friends have a birthday soon? Jeez, she should start memorizing them. It was embarrassing to not even know the dates of her parents. Or rather, it was annoying because they became pretty sulky every year, but whatever.

Nadia still was in the changing booth, but Fiyori decided against waiting.

[Fiyori Senay, continued in Silence is Golden]

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · Main Street · Next Topic »
Add Reply