Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V6 Questions Game; Credit goes to MKK/Fiori/Solomir/Espi
Topic Started: Apr 24 2015, 06:06 AM (2,321 Views)
Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey, I saw this topic on mini and decided to revive it here because it was pretty cool and works for developing character dialouge. So...

1. Quote the question asked in bolded text (using tags).
2. Answer the question using one or all of your characters, as truthfully as possible.
3. Ask another question for the next person to answer, simple as that!

Now that I've explained the rules...

What do you think of SOTF as a whole? Do you find it entertaining, an affront to all humanity, or do you fall somewhere in between?
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

What do you think of SOTF as a whole? Do you find it entertaining, an affront to all humanity, or do you fall somewhere in between?

Junko- The people who fangirl over it creep the shit out of me. Why would you make fanart of someone who died in a pointless and violent way in real life? Just... why? It's a bit like those people who are fans of the Columbine killers, and yes, that exists, and it's awful. I'm surprised I haven't started hating humanity yet too.

Emma- It's horrible. I once had to do research on it for a project, and it was one of the worst things I had to look up. It's terrible that so many kids had to die. I can't imagine what it must have been like. ... Excuse me, I get a little emotional thinking about it.

Question: If you had to pick out a weapon for yourself, any weapon, what would it be?
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alice: Hmm...I don't think I'm a weapon person. Sorry. A light sword of some sort if anything.

Henry: Scythes are totally cool! Apparently the kind you usually see with the blade perpendicular to the staff isn't useful in a fight though, so maybe not that. Ooh, how about a katana? No, too overdone. I know, what about a bunch of throwing knives? That'd be cool.

Isaac: A big fuckin' shotgun. Blow those baddies away! *mimes shooting*

Vanessa: I guess a baseball bat. They're decent weapons and I can use them pretty well.

Rory: Uh, what's the one badass knife from that one country? Khopesh? No, that's not it...

What's your favorite food?
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Fiyori:
"One of my faves. Right next to 'Holocaust Reloaded' and the classic movie 'Eleven Angry Terrorists'."

Constantine:
"Indeed, Survival of the Fittest - an act of terror that some say rivaled all that happened before. A true tragedy, and an act of depravity. Yet more importantly, an excellent warning for us, calling attention to the monster within ourselves."

Alexander:
"Huh, that's... I mean, wow. Kinda a no-brainer, right? Like, how can you ask this so sincerely?"

Quote:

If you had to pick out a weapon for yourself, any weapon, what would it be?

Fiyori:
"...I- this is a bit weird, now..."

Constantine:
"A weapon, huh? Perhaps the hunting rifle, the American man's only friend in times of need. Perhaps also a neat lance. They portray valor and loyalty to one's people, admirable qualities I think."

Alexander:
*pauses* "A ninja."

Quote:

What's your favorite food?

Fiyori:
"Well... good topic change. Tho', I'd say that all food is my favorite. You gotta be open to all, you know? Or you'll miss out on some good stuff." *pauses* "Haha, if you want you can give me Baklava. You know what that is?"

Constantine:
"True, Baklava is quite tasty. My mother only prepares them for special occasions, however. If it comes to day-to-day food... I would say I really like chicken... stuff with chicken, yes."

Alexander:
"Is it because of the protein? You're pretty small, huh. Uh, I like pizza with pasta, myself... I guess?"

Constantine:
*incoherent grumbling*

What is your favorite alcoholic drink?
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

Imehal
Member Avatar
The Captain America of alien fighting.
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:

Bernadette James: "Whiskey actually; neat. My parents should really learn to hide their liquor cabinet key better..."

Oliver Walton: "Drugs over alcohol, every single time."

What are two things you cannot leave home without?
[No claims on the avatar image]
v6 Relationship Thread Here!
v6
v5
You are all crazy!

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Alice: I don't drink, sorry.

Henry: I tried vodka once. It was really gross, but I guess that wins by default.

Isaac: Nothin' beats a cold beer, man.

Vanessa: My family doesn't drink except on New Years, but a sip of wine is hardly enough to judge.

Rory: I prefer weed. A man of refined tastes, me.

Quote:

Alice: My sketchbook for one. If I ever feel like drawing I need it. I always have a book, too.

Henry: Uh, besides clothes and stuff? I wouldn't leave home without pants. But other than that, I guess, I dunno, I always have my jacket. Plus I like having books with scary stuff in them. Fun and relaxing, amirite?

Isaac: Cell phone for one. Duh. Plus my pocket knife. I guess if for some reason I need to whittle or some shit.

Vanessa: My diary, always. If I lost it, I'd have a freakout. Cell phone, too.

Rory: Pencils and paper so if I get inspired I can doodle something. I guess my cell phone too, so I can play Flappy Birds whenever I want.

Question: You are placed in the classical philosophical quandary The Prisoner's Dilemma. What do you do?.

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Espi
Apr 24 2015, 08:00 PM
You are placed in the classical philosophical quandary The Prisoner's Dilemma. What do you do?.
Jeremy: "I'd betray the other person. Seems to me that if you do so you either go free or serve in prison for a little bit, rather than serve in prison for a little bit or go to prison for a long time. Plus the fact that they're likely the person who did the crime, so fuck them."

Alvaro: "Why would I betray someone? If I was in the situation I'd have to have done a crime, which I should serve my time for. I would remain silent."

Jonathan: "Why do I give a shit about this person enough to sacrifice jail time for them? If it was someone I care about, then sure; but this person is likely just a common fucking criminal who's dragged me into their shit. Betray."

Question: *Shows the next person Bloodgarden* How do you react?
Edited by Yugikun, Apr 25 2015, 12:31 AM.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Espi

Question: You are placed in the classical philosophical quandary The Prisoner's Dilemma. What do you do?.

Alex: Cooperation is the backbone of civilization. I have to believe my partner will stand by me no matter what they're told. They know the consequences if they don't. I choose to say nothing.

Jacob: Nothing.

Ulysses: Fuck, man. I'm way too good looking for prison. Let's roll the dice and rat.

Abby: I don't think I could let someone else go to jail for me. Can't I just confess and let them go?

Ty: No honor among thieves. If I'm going down, I'm taking them with me.

Magical Boy Yuggles

Alex: That was unnecessary.

Jacob: You're fucked up, dude.

Ulysses: What. The. Fuck. I don't even wanna get into how little sense that made. Jesus fucking Christ. I'm out.

Abby: Meep.

Ty: Worse stuff happens all around the world every hour. Nobody cares enough to stop that, so color me unimpressed. Just proof of the scientific law of "people are shit."

Question: You get to bring one famous person from any period in history back to life. Who and why?
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Alice: Oh my god.

Henry: Wow, what's this from-wait, is this real? Holy shit, that's...oh shit! What the hell?

Isaac: You can get fucked, that shit's not cool.

Vanessa: That's disgusting. What kind of person would do that?

Rory: Isn't that SOTF? Not okay, man. Not okay.

Quote:

Question: You get to bring one famous person from any period in history back to life. Who and why?

Alice: Maya Angelou. She was an amazing writer.

Henry: Steve Irwin. He was awesome. When I heard he died I was like, "Nooo, but he's the croc hunter!" and cried. Ooh, or Lee Harvey Oswald, so we can find out the truth about the grassy knoll.

Isaac: I dunno.

Vanessa: Probably an activist like MLK or Milk, so they could see the fruits of their labor.

Rory: Kurt Cobain? Dude made good music, I guess.

Question: You win 100,000 dollars! What's the first thing you buy?

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Espi
Apr 25 2015, 08:15 AM
Question: You win 100,000 dollars! What's the first thing you buy?
((Most kind of try hard response leggo))

The five idiots I'm running sit in a slightly skewed semi-circle, Hye-Jin sporting a very brash sideways lean into the face of the camera so she throws off the symmetry of the collected girls. All are dressed in their Sunday best, that is to say, Irene and Jin look like complete hobos.

Irene: I- uh... One thousand hundred dollars, huh? Shit, did I say that wrong? Can I restart? Yes? No? Blah, um... Yeah! I mean I was thinking- eh, that is to say- something to do with the game thingy. The thing I do a lot whose name I'm forgetting. With the keyboard typing and stuff. The whatever.

Asimah: League?

Irene: Uh-huh, League! I mean my current rig is totally fine but I need to really upgrade, you know? Push the envelope. I mean, if that's the right metaphor. You know what I mean.

Seo: Oh my, well first I'd just have to thank whoever granted me that much! I must be grateful when I'm so blessed. As for what I'd do with the money, perhaps... First treat my good friends to a meal? Regardless of how many people fall under that distinction! Might be losing quite a bit on this endeavor, now that I think about it. *giggles* Perhaps I'd throw a little formal get together. I'm sure I could find the time for it, just move a few things around on my schedule. No sense in leaving my darling girls out of a celebration.

Ariana: *not responding, listening to music so loudly the sound of Drake is bleeding out to suffuse into the air of the studio or wherever this is supposed to be happening*

A minute of silence passes. Both Seo and Asimah look about ready to politely tap Ariana on an adjacent shoulder to rouse her, but they're handily preempted by both Irene and Jin throwing fresh cut paperballs square at Ariana's face. She grunts and pulls off her headphones, glaring around herself while Seo giggles politely in implied apology.

Ariana: ... Eh. A new studio. *headphones back on*

Asimah: Yep yep, so...! I mean the money is honestly totally wasted on me, but I mean no need to be ungrateful, right? I think I'd probably follow Seo's example here. A party sounds awesome! Just maybe a little less formal. I'm legal, I can provide the sauce. Eh?

Hye-Jin: All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth... Oh, and I'd get onee-sama a girlfriend.

Seo politely laughs off the not-really-a-joke while the camera is still rolling but shoots her younger sister the most brutal death glare ever witnessed in human history when the cameras stop rolling.

Next Question: Kill fuck marry If you had the ability to stop time, once, for just one minute, what would you do with that power?
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Next Question: If you had the ability to stop time, once, for just one minute, what would you do with that power?

Junko- Not really my first pick for powers, but eh, it'll do. Time powers are fun too. If I ever get into a fight, I'd use it to my advantage. Stop time, punch and kick things. Know what I'm saying? If I don't, well, there's still plenty of fun things you could use for it. I'd become the pranking menace. *smiles*

Emma- One minute's not enough to actually get the things I want done, done. I'd use it to study a bit more, but one minute's not enough for that.

Question: So you are stuck in a room with a perfect clone of your current self. You will be in here for one hour, at which point the clone disappears entirely. You should know what the question is.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yugikun

Asha Sur: Horror isn't fun when real people are getting hurt.

Leon Valera: You want a sign the world's fucked, can't think of a better place to look.

Rose Cobbler: Unless you're on a very specific part of the internet, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish with that question.

Cass Prince: I get nightmares every once in a while about ending up on there. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. (Does that satisfy you?)

Kami

Question: If you had to pick out a weapon for yourself, any weapon, what would it be?

Asha Sur: You know, I've always wanted to be an axe murderer...

Leon Valera: Titanium fists. All the better to beat the shit outta someone, right?

Rose Cobbler: Giant. Robot. Nothing compares.

Cass Prince: A weapon that solely destroys other weapons. Practical and nonviolent.

Imehal

Asha Sur: Gotta have a cute hairpin. My phone, too, because we're living in the year 2015 and all, but the hairpin is the priority here.

Leon Valera: Comfortable shoes and clothes that are easy to move in'll take a man far, even if he's not running.

Rose Cobbler: I never feel comfortable leaving the house without my phone. Also, a charger for said phone. Thing burns through battery way too fast, I think it's about time for an upgrade.

Cass Prince: My sketchbook and pencils are never far from me.

Doc

Question: You are placed in the classical philosophical quandary The Prisoner's Dilemma. What do you do?

Asha Sur: You have to have faith in others, y'know? Trust.

Leon Valera: If I get thrown into prison with a bro, no way in hell I'm selling him out. If he flakes out, well, I'll have years and years of rage to fuck him up with once I'm free.

Rose Cobbler: I played a game about this, actually. Trust is easily the best option, unless you know for sure the other guy's going to screw you over.

Cass Prince: I... like to believe that people are fundamentally good, but in practice... trust, of course. (Actually, I'd probably regret it, but... betray.)

Yugikun

Asha Sur: Oh, wow, these are some pretty realistic effects they've got going on. What movie is this, again? ...The fuck is wrong with you?

Leon Valera: Oi. Stand still. Come on, fucker, it'll only hurt for the next couple months.

Rose Cobbler: Oh. Bloodgarden. The biggest shock video on the internet, more or less. Y'know, if you're going to be an ass, at least be more creative about it.

Cass Prince: ...I'm not sleeping tonight. Or tomorrow. (I am never going to forgive you for this.)

Cicada

Next Question: If you had the ability to stop time, once, for just one minute, what would you do with that power?

Asha Sur: I'd have so many ways to subtly fuck with people, I couldn't pick just one. Write on them? Subtly adjust their surroundings? Just get up right into their face so I'm staring at them after they blink? Making this a one-shot power is just cruel.

Leon Valera: Once? That's a lame-ass power. I guess there's a coupla people I know who deserve a punch to the face or two, consequence-free for me.

Rose Cobbler: I can't really see any practical application for this power, sorry.

Cass Prince: I would simply take the chance to watch a frozen world.

((okay that was a lot of questions, last one I swear))

Kami

So you are stuck in a room with a perfect clone of your current self. You will be in here for one hour, at which point the clone disappears entirely. You should know what the question is.

Asha Sur: Anything I say is gonna give you a mental image I don't particularly care for, so kindly fuck off.

Leon Valera: I'mma fuck him up. I'mma fuck me up? I won't fuck me, though. Too weird.

Rose Cobbler: I hate mirror matches. Do I get an alternate color pallet at least? Maybe an extra costume?

Cass Prince: I'm sure we'd have a very nice conversation. (I'd go for a kiss, maybe, but I think that'd be the ultimate expression of narcissism.)

QUESTION: If you could subject a random person to their (non-lethal) greatest fear, in order to lose yours entirely, would you?
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Put under a spoiler cut because I answered so many questions:

Spoiler: click to toggle

Question: What would your porn star/stripper name be?
V6 Characters

V5 Characters

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Violent-Medic
May 1 2015, 09:36 AM
Question: What would your porn star/stripper name be?
For the next episode of KNOW YOUR STARS, the orientation of my characters has become even more informal, with Irene having shifted positions in the queue so she can lazily rest her head in Asimah's lap. Jin seems to be gesticulating to Seo that her lap is also free with many a gratuitous eyebrow raise. Ariana's music has gotten a good deal louder, to the point where the lyrics of some LL Cool J song are now completely audible.

Seo: Er, well. Ehehehe, um... I mean, I would never dare get involved of course. Not to say that I have anything against the profession, it's merely not my speed. I mean, if I was fine enough with my own body, and the work... Something classy, perhaps? 'Belladonna' comes to mind. Pretty name, is it not?

Jin: Isn't that the name of an already existing actre-?

Seo: Of course not, Jin! You really should let our other guests continue! Ehehehe...

Ariana: ... Oh, me again? Yeah. 'Yoyo'. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Not really my thing but if I had to for the money then yeah. Rocking my name either way.

Irene: Like I'd ever! I mean sure some people choose too but it's still an abusive industry, no way I'd support it... Nope, no, nu-uh, nada. Nay. I am a naysayer. Bluh... Okay but I mean, wouldn't 'Empress' be the coolest name ever for that sort of thing? Just think about all the power-play vids you could be in! Uh. Fuck. Forget I said anything about that.

Jin: I got it on camera bae, don't worry.

Irene: Fuuuuuuuck...

Asimah: 'Eden Sin'. Maybe a bit too biblical to be tasteful but it's a nice sounding name.

Jin: Call me 'Ishmael'. LOL. No but srs, if I ever ended up doing it, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised, I'd do something super cliche. Like, 'Sarah Starrrz' or something with a million unnecessary letters.

NEXT QUESTION: If you could never work a day in your life and get a typical middle-class life provided for you for free, with the stipulation that this will be the pinnacle of your wealth, would you do it? Or would you stay in the game and aim for more?
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

NEXT QUESTION: If you could never work a day in your life and get a typical middle-class life provided for you for free, with the stipulation that this will be the pinnacle of your wealth, would you do it? Or would you stay in the game and aim for more?

Junko- Eh, it would be nice to not have to work for a while. But knowing me, I'd soon get bored out of my wits. It depends on what you call "typical middle class". I guess yeah, if I'm allowed to back out?

Emma- I couldn't. *smiles* I'm planning on being a doctor, and... well, people need saving.

Question: What kind of pizza do you like?
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply