Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Are Friends Tasty?; Liable to change/update at the handler's whim
Topic Started: Apr 22 2015, 05:38 PM (798 Views)
Imehal
Member Avatar
The Captain America of alien fighting.
[ *  *  * ]
Okay, I finally managed to get to this point. Here we go!

Colour Codes

[Currently involved physically or romantically]
[Previous involvement]
[Friends]
[Acquaintances]
[Study buddies]
[One-sided or mutual dislike]

Bernadette Thomas

Collected, passionate, idealistic, focused

Bernadette is about 5'7", curvy and likes to exercise when she can manage it, especially as she once was an active member of a dancing group. Grades aren't a problem for her; she averages out at a consistent 'B', excelling particularly in the arts over any academic subjects. She helps out frequently with backstage preparation and costumes for the theatre club, and takes a casual interest in the wrestling club. She is almost definitely a member of the anti-bullying committee.

Her parents, married and happily so, are almost polar opposites - her mother is a massive geek, whereas her father is a homemaker, and whilst she takes after her father mostly, she has an awareness of geek culture from the media and having spent time in the small games shop that her mother owns. They are generally very supportive, and try and keep their daughter active and doing things.

When Bernadette started puberty at fourteen she began to experience a lot of random, intense pain - especially after her period started. Her mother, although worried, assumed that it was just adjustment difficulties and that it would go away. It got worse, and just after turning seventeen she was diagnosed with Endometriosis; a condition that has meant that she had to drop out of gymnastics temporarily whilst she got used to the medication, and what she could and could not do. Preceding this she probably was known for being absent monthly for a few days at a time. Now, she is more regular in her attendance but occasionally has sporadic days off.

Bernadette is generally friendly, soft-spoken, but will not stand any bullying taking place if she witnesses it. She'll have made a name for herself in that regard. She also really, really like romance novels. Yes, the trashy kind.

I think that is it for now.

Relationships

What I am looking for: Theatre friends/acquaintances, lingering friends from gymnastics, artsy people, those on the anti-bullying committee, bullies or would-be bullies that don't appreciate her meddling, anyone who might frequent either shop - anyone else with an idea to pitch to me!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Oliver "Olly" Walton

(Oliver is a little less fleshed out than Bernadette, but I'll give people what I know so far.)

Selfish, fun-loving, amiable, fast-talking

Oliver is 5'9", dark skinned, and a touch on the chubby side. He avoids exercise unless it solves an ulterior purpose - running from people he has offended, LARPing; you get the idea. Oliver, lack of exercise aside, is generally in good shape, eats reasonably well and walks a lot. He is a semi-active member of the anime club, and infrequently attends Ulysses's tabletop game, often giving less than a few hours notice unless really prodded. He is also in any and all practical skills clubs and classes as he can physically be, with a particular love for woodwork. He has taken an interest recently in reenactment, and is trying to encourage everyone he meets to join in.

His family situation is tense, as he has a distinct lack of care for academia in favour of more hands-on classes, never mind the fact that he frequently sneaks out to get high and generally doss around as he feels like it. They both work hard in their respective jobs, but as a result struggle to keep their wayward son in check.

Relationships

What I am looking for: Those involved in woodwork or more practical clubs/classes, mentors to help him improve in the core subjects, anime and tabletop types, people that would be annoyed by him, and anyone else - pitch!
Edited by Imehal, Feb 15 2016, 08:33 PM.
[No claims on the avatar image]
v6 Relationship Thread Here!
v6
v5
You are all crazy!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think Bernadette might know Noah from theater club. Noah helps with makeup and costumes, so they're probably well acquainted. He'd probably make an occasional Bernadette Peters joke around her, but they'd probably get along well.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Imehal
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Bernadette prolly doesn't mind the jokes at all. She is prolly friendly with Noah, especially if they spend a lot of time together working backstage.

I shall add him to her friends! =)
v6
v5
You are all crazy!

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh friends might be tasty in a certain sense wink wink. ;) ;0

Bernadette:
- Irene and Bernie seem like they'd get along. Might have made their acquaintance in gymnastics depending on how far back in Bernie's history she was a part of it, since Irene was in it for most of middle school and dropped out in her Freshman year-ish. They're also both behind-the-scenes sort of people for theater stuff and might meet up irregularly at rehearsals and the like. I can't imagine them being the closest, especially since Irene can be a bit of a brute in her unadulterated speech style and thus occasionally come off too harshly and require a telling off. But I can see them being more on good terms than not, even if they're no longer on the same team Irene stubbornly holds onto old friends pretty well.
- Seo has some form of as of yet undetermined relationship with the anti-bullying committee, a bit ironically but there you go. She mostly conducts herself in a very affable and friendly manner and they might get along well, since Seo at least looks like she's a shining beacon of niceness and tolerance (to most). Study buddies, maybe, Seo's got a neat little group of those people forming, assuming they can all independently stand one another. I could see Bernie as being one of the girls Seo doesn't find any form of beef with, those with that distinction seem to trend towards the quieter and softer in expression.

Olly:
- Irene and Olly share the Ulysses clique in common, she's essentially a member of anime club since she'll often help out with their functions. In general she's very well acquainted with those who have the nerdier hobbies in the school. LARPing is also good, as a dual nerd/ex-theater girl Irene's a hard-to-miss member of any LARP session she happens to attend. Oliver might also find it a bit easy to convince her to attend a reenactment with him because she's easy to sell on a lot of stuff because of how she enjoys doing a lot of different things and being all over the place. Personality wise they're both loud and fast-talkers, though he's probably smoother than she is by a good margin, so they probably talk quite well.
- Ariana might actually be part of a lot of classes in school like woodwork and auto since she inherently trends towards practical stuff more so than academics given her future plans in life. They could go on hikes together and the like, and they might be close enough friends to where she trusts him with some of her more intimate thoughts and details since she's fairly easy to sway with speech, not being too used to social exposure as a whole. Like he probably hasn't reached the level where he can order her around and expect to comply but given how little she seems to interact with most who aren't family he's fairly in, all things considered.
- Asimah might have tutored him a year or so back, when he would have been an underclassman (?) and her a senior. She would have been a good one too, so he probably respects her. And of course she'd have hit on him, however he ended up responding to that.
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm going to reply with more of m6 faracters .ater, but Bernadette would definately know Jonathan due to theater, and he has enough of a reputation of being a cynical jackass bully to get the attention of the anti bullying comittie. How xhe reacys is up to yoy.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Kimiko probably knows Bernadette through gymnastics and any anti-bullying related stuff. They'd probably get on quite well, since Bernadette both are friendly people.

Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."

Privyet
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Hey there! I think Bernadette might know Jake because he's on the anti-bullying committee. I don't think it'd be much more than that, though.

Imehal
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I like your thinking, Cicada Days. Also, hello as I don’t think we’ve been introduced quite yet. It’s a pleasure to meet (and hopefully roleplay with) you!

Cicada Days - Irene and Bernadette

Bernadette would have started gymnastics from a young age, so even though she stopped fairly recently, I think she would know Irene pretty well? She is pretty okay with brutish language and behaviour, though she definitely would be one of the ones doing the telling off; she has a problem with bullies. I think they’d be reasonably close – maybe hung out a few times after school?

Something I noticed, looking at Irene. She does not seem to get along with Ty, and Bernadette is in a budding relationship with him. Would that cause conflict?

Cicada Days - Seo and Bernadette

I just read Seo, and apart from being unbelievably interesting, I am wondering if there might be a little resentment for Bernadette festering? She is fairly talented, through practise and natural gift, at a lot of handicrafts, but she would definitely get along with the put-forward persona of Seo, and work with her happily against bullies of all calibre. Bernadette does get involved in some bullying situations – a less quiet part of her personality; might that cause Seo to be less inclined to be around her?

Cicada Days - Irene and Olly

These two seem like they have a ton in common, as though Olly drifts out of the Ulysses clique (but is quite fond of the man himself) they have other circles where they would cross paths too. I think they’d be pretty good friends! How does Irene fall on drugs and their use?

Cicada Days - Ariana and Olly

Again, another really good fit. Olly actually gets really focused and inspired when he is involved in practical classes, so friends who are into that and like to be out and about (even though I didn’t see him as a hiker, but he might go and really enjoy it for a good friend). Yeah, I can’t see him manipulating her at all – he’s selfish, but too lazy for that emotionally. It’d be fun to do some stuff with them, get their dynamic established.

Cicada Days - Asimah and Olly

Would it have been paid tutoring, or just for free? I can see the flirting having been the reason he agreed to the tutoring in the latter case, and she seems like someone he’d be keen on interacting with for fun purposes. He probably (definitely) would have slept with her had the opportunity arose, and might even do it again if prompted.

Yugikun

I'm going to reply with more of m6 faracters .ater, but Bernadette would definately know Jonathan due to theater, and he has enough of a reputation of being a cynical jackass bully to get the attention of the anti bullying comittie. How xhe reacys is up to yoy.

I actually think I understood that. Jonathan would be an interesting case, because although she would work with him well enough, if she ever saw him bullying outside of class she would call him out in a second. Verbally and loudly. I can’t imagine them having a great relationship at all.

Deamon

Kimiko probably knows Bernadette through gymnastics and any anti-bullying related stuff. They'd probably get on quite well, since Bernadette both are friendly people.

Having read Kimiko, I agree one hundred percent. I think they’d get along really well and have probably been friends for a while. I think Bernadette might have learnt sign language to a reasonable capacity given that she likes to be able to do things with her hands, and Kimiko seems to prefer that level of communication at times. Sound good?

Also, Bernadette likes to confront bullies. Not sure how Kimiko deals with them?

Priyvat

Hey there! I think Bernadette might know Jake because he's on the anti-bullying committee. I don't think it'd be much more than that, though.

Again, hello Priyvat – a pleasure to meet you!

Bernadette would certainly be aware of Jacob, and friendly to him because not-bully. If they happened to frequent the same circles, she would not mind his company.

I think that is me all caught up!
v6
v5
You are all crazy!

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bernadette:
- Okay, there is a LOT of common ground with Clarice. Theatre, wrestling, anti-bullying. Both a fan of romance novels. Seriously, they share so many interests. And personality-wise they'd probably mesh well if Bernadette can withstand Clarice's amount of energy. (She's also friends with Ty so an extra link there.)

Oliver:
- Only idea I have is possibly some association with Lily due to a tendency for sneaking around to do non-parental-approved things. She likes some practical things (more mechanical stuff than wood-working, though.)
V6 Characters

V5 Characters

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Imehal
Apr 24 2015, 02:10 AM
Deamon

Having read Kimiko, I agree one hundred percent. I think they’d get along really well and have probably been friends for a while. I think Bernadette might have learnt sign language to a reasonable capacity given that she likes to be able to do things with her hands, and Kimiko seems to prefer that level of communication at times. Sound good?

Also, Bernadette likes to confront bullies. Not sure how Kimiko deals with them?
Kimiko has no problems confronting bullies.
Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply