Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
*flies through the gates of oblivion with characters*; *sprinkles gay in her wake*
Topic Started: Apr 22 2015, 05:43 AM (1,551 Views)
Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have added most stuff. Meryl doesn't like Astrid very much and is casually okay with Mia, mixed feelings on Morgan, kinda like ??? on Bryony. (Meryl is also sort of friendly with Adelaide)

Vinny likes Bryony and is 'eh' on Astrid.

Toby doesn't mind Mia and sort of likes Astrid when she isn't being overbearing.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

General Goose
Member Avatar
Don't cast aspersions on my asparagus.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay okay okay.

So I'll go for Vincenzo first.

With Bradley...well, let's get the good out of the way first. He's Brady's cousin, which could be important in some manner. They have a few shared interests - they both post videos online and presumably could have some common ground over that. And they're both pretty chilled people. But Bradley...he never goes out of his way to antagonise someone and will definitely do things like calling Vincenza by their preferred pronouns and such, but if an offensive joke comes to mind, he WILL say it, and a poor reaction will only encourage him. So yeah, he'll definitely be cool with Vinny on his end, but it's up to you how Enzo thinks about him on their end.

Kizi, on the other hand, sounds like the sort of girl that would get on famously with Vincenzo - she's an unambiguously nice Chill Girl, to use your terminology (don't sue me). Insulting someone for being a slacker or a special snowflake wouldn't even occur to her. Probably would be very good friends.

And Ashlynn would be an...interesting case. See, she views everything through a political lens, even more than I do. She'd be friendly and kind and supportive to Vincenza, but at the same time mainly think of her as "the genderfluid girl", in a way that means well but kinda can forget they're more than just their gender identity. Ashlynn would be shocked and appalled and (secretly) think Vinny was letting the LGBT cause down if they weren't capable of writing a dissertation about gender or weren't involved in activism or whatever. On the other hand, super-supportive.

And onto Toby.

Bradley would PRESS HER BUTTONS. Like, non-stop. Oh, you're working on a project, Toby? Bradley will be playing loud music. You want alone time? Tough, Bradley will quote memes at you.

Kizi would be friendly with her, but their relationship would either be very loose friends (due to the high strung nature and workaholic attitude kinda contrasting with Kizi - she's definitely a bookworm, but never gets stressed about it) or very close friends (bookworms, and Kizi could be another "EAT WOMAN").

Ashlynn LOVES someone who works hard and is super-serious, but their politics would need to be compatible for a true friendship to work, or else Ashlynn will view her as a respectable rival.

And finally Meryl!

Okay, we discussed Bradley. Bradley is a dick. On a nice day, Hershel Greene joke. On bad day, Oscar Pistorius joke.

And Kizi would be kind and supportive and friendly as she always is because she's just a saint.

And Ashlynn also shares that perfectionism and politics permitting they could bond over that, but we might get the same problem as with Enzo - she might go on TOO much about how great it is that her disability isn't letting her down and all that that it might be quite annoying.
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
General Goose
Apr 25 2015, 07:25 PM
Okay okay okay.

So I'll go for Vincenzo first.

With Bradley...well, let's get the good out of the way first. He's Brady's cousin, which could be important in some manner. They have a few shared interests - they both post videos online and presumably could have some common ground over that. And they're both pretty chilled people. But Bradley...he never goes out of his way to antagonise someone and will definitely do things like calling Vincenza by their preferred pronouns and such, but if an offensive joke comes to mind, he WILL say it, and a poor reaction will only encourage him. So yeah, he'll definitely be cool with Vinny on his end, but it's up to you how Enzo thinks about him on their end.
I think Vinny would make an effort just because Bradley's related to their boyfriend, but there would be a definite like... Enzo would be forcing it, for sure. They don't really like dealing with people who don't deal with them, so on the one hand 'okay cool you are using they' but on the other hand 'haha yes guy in a dress jokes, fuck off'.

Quote:

Kizi, on the other hand, sounds like the sort of girl that would get on famously with Vincenzo - she's an unambiguously nice Chill Girl, to use your terminology (don't sue me). Insulting someone for being a slacker or a special snowflake wouldn't even occur to her. Probably would be very good friends.

+1

Quote:

And Ashlynn would be an...interesting case. See, she views everything through a political lens, even more than I do. She'd be friendly and kind and supportive to Vincenza, but at the same time mainly think of her as "the genderfluid girl", in a way that means well but kinda can forget they're more than just their gender identity. Ashlynn would be shocked and appalled and (secretly) think Vinny was letting the LGBT cause down if they weren't capable of writing a dissertation about gender or weren't involved in activism or whatever. On the other hand, super-supportive.

As we discussed, Vincenzo is kinda lackadaisical about politics. They do care about LGBT issues but they aren't like, political button wearing campaigner, and they'd definitely think Ashlynn takes things a bit too seriously - I don't doubt Ashlynn would be irritated by how laid back Vinny is about 'the cause'.

Quote:

Bradley would PRESS HER BUTTONS. Like, non-stop. Oh, you're working on a project, Toby? Bradley will be playing loud music. You want alone time? Tough, Bradley will quote memes at you.

FUCK. OFF.

Quote:

Kizi would be friendly with her, but their relationship would either be very loose friends (due to the high strung nature and workaholic attitude kinda contrasting with Kizi - she's definitely a bookworm, but never gets stressed about it) or very close friends (bookworms, and Kizi could be another "EAT WOMAN").

I think Toby would be fond of Kizi.

Quote:

Ashlynn LOVES someone who works hard and is super-serious, but their politics would need to be compatible for a true friendship to work, or else Ashlynn will view her as a respectable rival.

Politics and extra-curriculars are something that Toby just plain doesn't have time for, so it would depend on how Ashlynn considered Toby just being like 'nope I don't want to talk about politics I am busy work work work'.

Quote:

And finally Meryl!

Okay, we discussed Bradley. Bradley is a dick. On a nice day, Hershel Greene joke. On bad day, Oscar Pistorius joke.

Meryl tries to take things in good humour, but she certainly wouldn't give him the time of day.

Quote:

And Kizi would be kind and supportive and friendly as she always is because she's just a saint.

lol, gotcha.

Quote:

And Ashlynn also shares that perfectionism and politics permitting they could bond over that, but we might get the same problem as with Enzo - she might go on TOO much about how great it is that her disability isn't letting her down and all that that it might be quite annoying.

Meryl would be kind of bothered by that because she doesn't like being defined by her disability and would rather just be treated like any other person. however, as we mentioned in chat, Meryl is pretty liberal on account of being, y'know... a gay disabled black girl in a red state, so they're be relatively compatible in that regard.
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Enzo/Vinny

First and foremost, Jasper would know them from soccer as a teammate. While they might talk frequently out of proximity, Jasper isn't familiar with the concept of genderfluidity and may put them off with his ignorance. If they're close, Jasper would probably skirt around the topic but be generally respectful. Jasper runs a vlog and has experience with camerawork, so he might be one of the friends they ask to help filming. I fell like they could be almost-friends, though it's up to Vinny/Enzo and how much they can tolerate Jasper.

Samuel, on the other hand, is a lot more understanding and similarly chill. He'd know them through Ulysses, though I don't think they have much in common that would make them more than friendly acquaintances.

Toby

Bridgette and Toby are on the same wavelength when it comes to school commitment and business, though Bridgette definitely handles it better than her. I don't think there's much outside this: they might be study buddies but since Bridgette mostly socializes with people from her clubs there's not much else between them.

Samuel is probably one of those slackers who pisses her off, and they might quietly loathe each other from across the room. Samuel doesn't usually confront people, so they'd stay out of each others' way for the most part.

Jasper might show some concern for her, but other than the occasional "Are you okay?" I doubt they'd interact much.

Meryl

Meryl and Samuel probably have a similar relationship to Samuel and Toby, though I think they'd be even more non confrontational.

Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nate and Enzo should know each other through soccer. Couldn't say exactly what Nate would make of Enzo's uniqueness off the bat but let's work that out in due time.

Vanessa and Meryl may or may not be affiliated through sports, since she plays softball rather than baseball, but if the slight differences between the two aren't an insurmountable obstacle I could imagine a bit of competitive sports comraderie.

Noodle's too much of a nerd to be seen with my kids though.
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply