Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
*flies through the gates of oblivion with characters*; *sprinkles gay in her wake*
Topic Started: Apr 22 2015, 05:43 AM (1,638 Views)
Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Vincenzo/Vincenza 'Vinny' 'Enzo' Gatti

Vincenzo is A Chill Guy (tm), except for when they're A Chill Girl (tm). Although biologically male, a binary, set identity has never really sat too well with Vinny, never quite able to figure out the distinction between 'girl's things' and 'boy's things'. Surely, there were just things that you liked or didn't like? Around age 10, Vincenzo started writing down 'neither' or 'both' when asked if they were a boy or a girl, something which vexed their parents no end. Nowadays, their parents try to be supportive of the fact that their 'son' will sometimes show up in a dress, but they constantly worry that the conservative environment isn't a healthy place to display this kind of 'habit' - it took quite some considerable effort to impress that they weren't 'crossdressing'.

They're lighthearted, relaxed, and doesn't take anything too seriously, verging a little on laziness at times. They tend to be the calm presence in a particular group, always willing to play peacemaker in a laid back kind of way, and lend a sympathetic ear to friends. Vincenzo plays soccer, but isn't especially dedicated to it, something that could be applied to a lot of areas of their life - they like to play the guitar, but won't perform, they love karaoke, but won't try and make anything of it. The only thing they show especial passion towards (other than constant selfies and vines) is streaming video games. They aren't entirely sure whether that kind of online presence is something they want to make a major play for, but they seem to be attracting a decent following just for doing two things they like (being a personality in front of people and playing games). They sure don't feel like they're going to go many places with their average grades in a town like this.

Looking for:

Heck, I dunno. I feel like Vincenzo could have a bunch of friends, they're that kind of person. Alternatively people might view them as a showoff/slacker if you're thinking more hostile - particularly with regards to the genderfluidity, might think of it as being a 'special snowflake' (or being a weirdo). Still overall, as mentioned, they are A Chill Guy/Girl and pretty easy to get along with so long as you aren't super focused on schoolwork or can't deal with occasional teasing.

Relations

Brady Floyd (Serpico) - "I'm like a two for the price of one, and you are like the premium."

+++ Irene Djezari (CDays) - "GET IN, NERD. WE'RE VINING."
+++ Ulysses Fury (Wes) - "We'll call it a draw. But I win, because I'm prettier."
+++ Bee Gunnerson (Weasel) - "My matchmaker! Let me know when we can hang out."

++ Cameron Herrig (Deamon) - "I came for the view, but I stayed for the shredding."
++ Sandra Dyer (Condor) - "By our powers combined, we are nearly a whole guitarist."
++ Jacob Berkowitz (Privyet) - "I am also a fan of people not being jerks to other people."
++ Bryony Adams (Pippin) - "C'mon, shrinking violet, you can hang out in the back. You'll get to listen to me scream?"
++ Kiziah Saraki - (Goose) - "Let us pray at the altar of chill."

+ Faith-Hope Michaels (Deamon) - "I'm streaming VVVVVV tonight, if you're interested."
+ Abby Floyd (Wes) - "Hey, wanna jam after school for a bit?"
+ Kaylee Lytton (TBH) - "So, how's the acting going, shortstack?"
+ Asimah Djezari (CDays) - "Shucks, you know how to make a girl feel pretty."
+ Rory O'Ryan (Espi) - "Let's swing by the cafe tomorrow."
+ Vanessa Hart (Espi) - "Hey, you know me, always willing to lend an ear. Just give it back after, it holds my glasses on."
+ Tiresias Morales (Random) - "Was that a smile? A-ha, Vinny wins again!"

* + Henry Spencer (Espi) - "You could have mentioned Amnesia would make me wet myself."
* + Mia Rose (Pippin) - "You take sports a lot more serious than I ever could. Kinda neat."
* * Frederick Brea (Random) - "It's cool that you're trying, I guess, but your brother is still an asshat."
* * Bradley Grant (Goose) - "Let me make it clear that if you weren't related to Brady I wouldn't waste a second on you."
* Cristano Luz (TBH) - "Lighten up. It's not all bad."
* Rod Kanuho (TBH) - "Pff. You aren't even my real dad."
* - Astrid Tate (Pippin) - "Shockingly, not everyone is a workaholic."
* - Ashlynn Martinek (Goose) - "There is more to me than my gender identity."

- Curtis Weldon (TBH) - "Whatever."

-- Issac Brea (Espi) - "Could you go crawl off under a bush somewhere and die, please? Thanks."

Toby 'Noodle' Andreasson

'Tired' would probably be a good first impression of Toby. She's an extremely hard worker and has mastered the art of the 25 hour day, that is to say, there is not a moment of 'free' time that she is not currently doing something, on her way to do something, powernapping in preparation for doing something, or juggling multiple things at once. Eldest of four in a somewhat fractured household, Toby often has to play mom for her younger siblings while her dad is working nights and with her mother suffering from chronic illness. Her parents put her under a lot of pressure to do well, and Toby feels cripplingly guilty if she doesn't get high grades in school... which means she is constantly studying whenever she can. She also holds down a part time job. Her sole extra-curricular activity is attending a mixed martial arts gym in town. (it's from here that she gets her nickname 'Noodle', which is a reference to how skinny and flexible she is) She wouldn't dare tell her parents, but Toby has some aspirations about fighting more seriously, and is heavily torn between that and the expectation of her going to college.

In general she is a bit of a workaholic and constantly on the go - which leaves her quite highly strung. She isn't unfriendly, per se, but she is quite serious. She doesn't react well to people who slack off, although she tries to remind herself that not everyone can always be as busy as her. We have currently established the generaly idea of her personality as a cranky cat.

Looking for:

*shrug* Any, again! Toby is a bit of a tryhard but she's nice when she's not up to her eyeballs in studying. she could definitely use a couple of concerned types who remind her to eat/sleep regularly. She happens to be hella gay, but idk if she would be able to handle a relationship.

Relations:

+++ Abby Floyd (Wes) - "What? Yes I ate! Like... this morning. I- ugh, fine, fine."
+++ Travis Lynch (Deamon) - "I've got your back."

++ Kaylee Lytton (TBH) - "I'm okay, really, just - *huge yawn* I'll nap like an hour after school, after the kids are settled."
++ Jennifer Su (Condor) - "Hey, that's not fair, you can't tell me off when you study all the time too!"
++ Astrid Tate (Pippin) - "I'm fine, really. I can handle it, don't worry."
++ Kiziah Saraki (Goose) - "Come study for a bit? What? I'll eat lunch after!"

+ Asimah Djezari (Cdays) - "Thanks, you're a lifesaver. Just way too much work to juggle all three of them."
+ Rod Kanuho (TBH) - "Spot me! ...Don't spot me. I hate weights."
+ Jeremy Larkin (RC) - "Haha you- uh, you don't need to support me at sparring, really."
+ Seo Hyeon-Park (CDays) - "I'm going to study in the library. Wanna come with?"

* + Conrad Harrod (RC) - "I find it hard enough just teaching myself. I don't know how you do it."
* + Ty Yazzie (Wes) - "Oh. Yeah, another session tonight. Um. Yeah."
* + Mia Rose (Pippin) - "You know us, busy busy busy, right?"
* + Kimiko Kao (Deamon) - "I'm -really- sorry, but I need to finish this worksheet."
** Cristano Luz (TBH) - "Just let me do me, okay?"
* Alex Darby (Wes) - "The homework was two pages, right?"
* Frederick Brea (Random) - "Hey. Seen Abby around?"
* - Fiyori Senay (Riki) - "You are Abby's friend so I'll deal, I guess, but don't bug me when I'm working."
* - Irene Djezari (Cdays) - "I'm busy."
* - Henry Spencer (Espi) - "Uh-huh."

- Ashlynn Martinek (Goose) - "Not everyone has the same priorities as you."
- Isaac Brea (Espi) - "..."

-- Ulysses Fury (Wes) - "I AM TRYING TO CONCENTRATE."
-- Bee Gunnerson (Weasel) - "Yeah, good for you. Some people actually have to try."

--- Bradley Grant (Goose) - "Leave. Me. Alone."

Meryl Weaver

Meryl is 'game face' the person. She is intensely perfectionist in whatever she sets her mind to doing - she doesn't believe in half-assing a job, and she holds herself to very exacting standards both at school and in extra-curricular activities. Her philosophy is that if you've voluntarily decided to do something (or in the case of school have to do it), then there's no point unless you are doing as good as you possibly can. Unfortunately this makes her come across as pretty uptight if you catch her at the wrong place at the wrong time, and she's easily frustrated if things aren't going her way - though rather than taking out those frustrations on other people, she's a lot more likely to storm off in disgust. She agonises over whether or not she's good enough or doing well enough, and can be easily unsettled in this regard. When Meryl is outside a stressful situation, however, she is very different - surprisingly reserved and quiet, with a dry, understated sense of humour. She is involved in baseball and theatre at school, and competes in long distance running - something which she's determined to do in spite of being a trans-tibial amputee (below the left knee) and requiring a prosthetic to walk.

Looking for:

Sporty friends. People who think she's a jerk and takes everything too seriously. Friends who tell her not to get so worked up about stuff.

Relations:

Mitzi Schuhmacher (Unpy) - "I don't know why she puts up with me."

++ Irene Djezari (CDays) - "Just sit with me while I glare at a wall for a bit, okay? Okay."

+ Seo-Hyeon Park (CDays) - "I hate group work! Nobody else ever takes it seriously!"
+ Sandra Dyer (Condor) - "Was gonna practice pitching for a bit. Wanna come?"
+ Mia Rose (Pippin) - "Look, if I'm not going to give it my full effort, why bother?"
+ Adelaide Walker (Randomness) - "You actually get it."
+ Ashlynn Martinek (Goose) - "You're interesting to talk to, but I don't revolve around my labels."

* + Kiziah Saraki (Goose) - "I won't bite, relax."
* * Morgan Jones (Pippin) - "You're all right when you're not posturing."
* - Bryony Adams (Pippin) - "What's your deal, anyhow? Jeez, I'm not a tiger..."

- Bradley Grant (Goose) - "That isn't funny."
- Astrid Tate (Pippin) - "This is how I do things. Deal with it, or get out of the way."
- Darius van Dyke (RC) - "Just keeping swinging that dick around, champ."
Posted Image
SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!

Adequate summary of my personality
V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
the bass and the tweeters make the speakers go to war
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Namira, can we be friends? :)
Edited by NotAFlyingToy, Apr 22 2015, 06:49 AM.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
WHAT THE FUCK YOURSELF
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Edits finished. Vincenzo is no longer a guy all of the time.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
the bass and the tweeters make the speakers go to war
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh.

Okay. :(
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I know you're disappointed and wanted me to write a dude but it's just not gonna happen.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Added in Toby.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
On Vincenzo/Vincenza

Hmmm. I don't think there'd be much between them and Alex/Jacob/Ty, just because they run in very different circles.

They could be buds or even friendly rivals with Ulysses, since he's also a local streamer! I could see the two of them getting along well and maybe guesting on each other's streams every once in awhile being chill together.

Abby could connect with them through music, and their personalities seem like they'd mesh pretty well. She's a good laid back jam buddy who wouldn't care about turning it into anything serious, so there could be a casual relationship for them there.

on Noodle

Alex and Noodle might know each other, what with both of them being driven academics. They probably at least know of each other and might talk from time to time.

Ty has a mild interest in MMA, though he doesn't train/compete in it himself, so he might know her as well?

Ulysses is just the sort of person that might put Noodle on edge because he is a slacker to the goddamn max.

Abby would love to play den mother to Noodle and pop up all "HELLO THIS IS FOOD I MADE YOU NEED TO EAT IT," given her love of both cooking and making sure everyone is happy and healthy and not on fire.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
DuckyB
Apr 22 2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:

They could be buds or even friendly rivals with Ulysses, since he's also a local streamer! I could see the two of them getting along well and maybe guesting on each other's streams every once in awhile being chill together.

I could totally see there being something there between Vinny and Ulysses. Probably more on the friend side than the rival side cause Enzo is a bit too laid back to get over competitive about that kind of thing. Mutually liking vidya games seems like some good common ground, though.

Quote:

Abby could connect with them through music, and their personalities seem like they'd mesh pretty well. She's a good laid back jam buddy who wouldn't care about turning it into anything serious, so there could be a casual relationship for them there.

I'd be down for chill!buddies.

Quote:

Alex and Noodle might know each other, what with both of them being driven academics. They probably at least know of each other and might talk from time to time.

I can probably see a casual acquaintance at best cause Toby doesn't really have time for school sports or stuff like student politics. Classmates definitely works.

Quote:

Ty has a mild interest in MMA, though he doesn't train/compete in it himself, so he might know her as well?

Toby doesn't quite know how to deal with people knowing she does MMA - she's used to keeping it to herself a lot so she doesn't expect people to actually be interested. She does like talking about it but is also nervous to, if that makes sense - along the lines of enjoying the topic but not wanting to seem like a show off or that she has a big head.

Quote:

Ulysses is just the sort of person that might put Noodle on edge because he is a slacker to the goddamn max.

STOP SCREWING AROUND IN CLASS I NEED TO CONCENTRATE *HYPERVENTILATING*.

Quote:

Abby would love to play den mother to Noodle and pop up all "HELLO THIS IS FOOD I MADE YOU NEED TO EAT IT," given her love of both cooking and making sure everyone is happy and healthy and not on fire.

This is adorable, I totally dig it. Toby would definitely be like 'noo too busyzzzz' and probably appreciate the help a lot cause she doesn't get a chance to take a breath at home.
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My totally 100% hetero straight lady Fiyori would proooobably know Noodle via Abby then. Fiyori's the kinda gal who is very proactive at being unactive, though - so she'd definitely go on Noodle's nerves d:
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I remember we were had the idea of being lesbians together (with Mitzi), but that's about it.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Enzo

Rod might occasionally forget about the genderfluid stuff but not out of malice. Dunno how often they might interact but I could see them getting along reasonably well when they do. Rod might try to push Enzo to not slack so much because he's super ambitious.

Curtis thinks Enzo is a weirdo trying to be a special snowflake, but that's in part due to the more conservative background he was raised in, and he figures Enzo isn't hurting anyone so why hassle him.

Cris has mutual friends with Enzo since IIRC he and Ulysses are pot buddies, I could see them chilling. Cris might be a bit of a downer at times though. Might also think Enzo is a bit odd but hey, it's Enzo's life.

Kaylee is nice and friendly and non-judgemental so I think they'd go pretty well together if they hang out. She'd like him being a calming presence and sympathetic ear.

Noodle

Rod is a wrestler and into MMA, and before the injury trained at probably the same gym as Noodle (the main one in town seems to be the KCC). Possibly had a few fights himself. He'd be supportive of her hobby, and they have similarly serious, really driven attitudes, though I could see Rod being concerned that Toby is pushing herself too hard. He has probably told her that college and fighting aren't mutually exclusive.

On the face of it Curtis seems to be similarly busy but not as much of a workaholic. Not sure how much they'd interact though.

Cris is quite amused by Noodle, though it's tempered with seeing a lot of how he burnt out in her. He's probably half-seriously told her to just unwind for her own sake and spend at least one weekend not giving a fuck. When it comes to things he still cares about though, he is still highly competent and really hard working, so that could mix things up a bit for her too.

I could see Kaylee being friends with her. She works hard for her own ambitions so there's some common ground, and like Abby could be all "please actually sleep and eat and stuff" with Noodle, looking out for her as best she can and whatnot. Noodle can come by the diner Kaylee works at if she wants.
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Un-Persona
Apr 22 2015, 10:17 AM
I remember we were had the idea of being lesbians together (with Mitzi), but that's about it.
Yes! I recall. That will probably not be Toby but I am plotting my third as we speak, and then girlfrands =3
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Namira
Member Avatar
Null sheen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Burned Handler
Apr 22 2015, 10:19 AM
Enzo

Rod might occasionally forget about the genderfluid stuff but not out of malice. Dunno how often they might interact but I could see them getting along reasonably well when they do. Rod might try to push Enzo to not slack so much because he's super ambitious.
Vincenzo kinda blanks that kind of thing. They're just like 'eh, I don't really care' with regards to school. Water off a duck's back, though the effort would be at least somewhat appreciated.

Quote:

Curtis thinks Enzo is a weirdo trying to be a special snowflake, but that's in part due to the more conservative background he was raised in, and he figures Enzo isn't hurting anyone so why hassle him.

As mentioned in the OP - whatever.

Quote:

Cris has mutual friends with Enzo since IIRC he and Ulysses are pot buddies, I could see them chilling. Cris might be a bit of a downer at times though. Might also think Enzo is a bit odd but hey, it's Enzo's life.

Vinny wouldn't hate Cris or anything, just be a bit ambivalent. Life's too short to be a downer.

Quote:

Kaylee is nice and friendly and non-judgemental so I think they'd go pretty well together if they hang out. She'd like him being a calming presence and sympathetic ear.

Enzo will chat about most stuff to people, and yeah, they're definitely willing to listen and be a stress board.

Quote:

Noodle

Rod is a wrestler and into MMA, and before the injury trained at probably the same gym as Noodle (the main one in town seems to be the KCC). Possibly had a few fights himself. He'd be supportive of her hobby, and they have similarly serious, really driven attitudes, though I could see Rod being concerned that Toby is pushing herself too hard. He has probably told her that college and fighting aren't mutually exclusive.

Push and push back. Rod would help motivate Toby to do well, I think, and she'd be extremely sympathetic about his injury.

Quote:

Cris is quite amused by Noodle, though it's tempered with seeing a lot of how he burnt out in her. He's probably half-seriously told her to just unwind for her own sake and spend at least one weekend not giving a fuck. When it comes to things he still cares about though, he is still highly competent and really hard working, so that could mix things up a bit for her too.

Mixed feelings. Competence and hard working good, telling her to chill out bad. She's one of those people that reacts touchily to being told to take it easy, as in her opinion she can't afford to. Too much to do!

Quote:

I could see Kaylee being friends with her. She works hard for her own ambitions so there's some common ground, and like Abby could be all "please actually sleep and eat and stuff" with Noodle, looking out for her as best she can and whatnot. Noodle can come by the diner Kaylee works at if she wants.

*disconsolate grumpy cat noises*
Posted Image

V6 Corner
V5 Kiddies
V4

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
But who is the gatekeeper is the question. Anyways, I do it:

Vinny Enz:
- Irene's really cool with all forms of gender expression, she's not the sort who even notices. Like when Vinny shows up in whatever she probably didn't even register his clothes because details tend to just slip by her pretty easily. Easy to tease because at this point anyone in the school who doesn't piss her off is probably in a position to josh her considering she really inherently deserves it. They both share soccer in common, casually. And they both stream video games! They should definitely be streaming partners or at least promote one another. Vinny seems to be a bit all over the place like Irene is, equally carefree and lighthearted. I think they'd generally get along pretty well, she's pretty dedicated to staying friendly to people across the board provided they don't trigger her random irritation. They get those young selfies together.
- So yeah Asimah also doesn't care about the genderfluid thing and she'd hit up. Two for one deal and all that. At least some form of casual flirtation back in the day, by which I mean maybe a year or so prior to pregame starting, however he'd respond to one of the school's popular and pretty girls hitting on him.

Soba Noodle:
- Irene's lack of a need to try hard, or really at all, to achieve things in life and her whimsical and dorky nature might all draw at least some ire from Noodle. Especially since Irene intends to make gaming, of all things, a career. Not like they'd cross paths that often in the first place since Toby probably has better things to do than run amok like Irene does but I figure they might at least know each other in passing or through a class and share mutual iciness.
- Seo and Toby seem like they'd have a good pairing off. Both very studious and serious, Seo's projected politeness is enough to handle a naturally cranky and irritable personality with good grace and Seo might have at least earned Toby's respect because of how hard she studies and works in general. Inversely Seo would probably harshly judge Toby for her habits and demeanor, totally hypocrisy but there you go. Seo's also pretty hands off with others, so there wouldn't be much if any nagging on her end. I'm thinking definitely study group friends at least. And they're both lesbians, though one is repressed. Maybe a bit of mutual tension in that regard might have some interesting consequences.
- Asimah might have known Noodle back when they were in school. Flirted with her and probably failed, but there you go. Asimah could be roped into helping out with the younger siblings every now and then, she's nice like that and always seems to be willing to help.
V7

V6 - Like you imagined when you... were young...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply