Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
F.R.I.E.N.D.S; confirmed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Topic Started: Apr 10 2015, 10:57 PM (2,111 Views)
Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
No longer being updated.

Table of Color Codes:

- Vivid Pink, a current romantic prospect/involvement or crush.
- Less Vivid Pink Or Something, ex-romantic involvement and postmortem.
- Green, some level of good friend.
- Blue, some level of acquaintance or working relationship.
- Yellow, ambivalent feelings. Can tolerate but on some level really dislikes or is put off by.
- Red, BITCH PLEASE

Irene Djezari, world-class derp

An Italian girl with exotic hints of Arabic linage, naturally quite cute though usually not the most well-put together look. She's incredibly energetic and active and has a burgeoning talent for athletics, but she usually chooses to waste her energy on social affairs and being a complete nerd, most of her free times is spent on video games and tabletops. She's the sort who doesn't need to try hard to get perfect grades in AP classes, and casually reads collage level texts for fun instead of paying attention to her teachers. Sweet and kind but completely oblivious and has some issues with properly speaking her thoughts, along with a stubborn streak a mile wide and radical counterculture tendencies she has a tendency to be as off-putting as she can be charming depending on the individual in question.

- A Junior as of Pregame.
- Is a League streamer, with ambitions of going pro and taking a gap year from collage.
- Has an older sister Asimah who was more universally popular than Irene herself was before going off to collage, a druggie and party girl who racked up a number of casual boyfriends and girlfriends.
- Associations with Drama Club, Anime Club, and most sports teams even if she's not officially a member of any of them.
- Currently a reliever for Cochise's Baseball Team.
- Very immature when it comes to relationships and not even remotely sure of her sexuality (she's inherently bisexual).
- Family is in an upper bracket for Cochise's wealth distribution.
- Is notably anti-theistic and very opinionated about being so when the opportunity comes up.

Current Relationships

For Irene I'm still looking for...

• EVEN MORE FRIENDS/ENEMIES - Seriously, one of the points of Irene's character is how inherently social she is. Though by no means quantifiable as a member of the popular crowd, she should be one of the girls most in the school have at least heard of in passing. Bonus points if your character and Irene have been friends (or enemies) since middle school or earlier, since Irene clings onto a lot of her old friends very closely.

Lucilly Peterson, probably actually holier-than-thou-art

A heavy but cheerful and polite young Senior. Exceedingly polite, probably one of the most well spoken girls your character may or may not ever meet. A supremely devout LDS parishioner whose father lectures in the local LDS church, who has memorized more scripture at a given moment than whatever is going to be on the test next week. She's the last person to lecture or preach though. She always has other's interests at heart to a fault, and it's easy to criticize her for being something of a walking example of what people are talking about when they say 'sheeple'. She always wants to get along, to be helpful and wholesome as she can be, and she's somewhat easy to take advantage of provided you don't overtly come across as morally suspect. Outside of school she's very active in her community, and is especially interested in volunteering with children. It's her well stated goal to be a teacher someday, and she can come off as something of a teacher's pet because she really looks up to her elders in general.

- A practiced sewer, and close friends often receive fairly well crafted little trinkets from her at odd intervals.
- Her favorite subject in school was Psych. She doesn't especially care for the sciences due to how devout she is, but she's quiet about her misgivings.
- She's a lesbian, but it's never ever happening. She still personally believes she can 'force herself to love a man' with the help of her church.
- She has a large family, but she's the only one of her siblings currently attending Cochise.
- Lucilly has a fair bit school spirit compared to your average apathetic peer, but her extracurricular keep her busy and away from sporting events and the like.
- She's godawful with technology and it's hard to reach her by either text or email.
- She's also pretty poor with her reference pool. Most things she knows she knows secondhand through friends more aware of pop culture.

Current Relationships

For Lucilly I'm still looking for...

• Fellow Folk of Faith - The people she'd interact with most often, conditional on their being very involved in church-related community service. Denomination doesn't matter too much, though Lucilly is strictly LDS and it's easiest to see her often through that avenue, she respects all who put aside time to be involved with helping others equally and is always willing to chat on friendly terms. Indeed she's typically something of a subordinate in most of her community service roles and an ambitious character may well count her as a lackey.
  • Kids with Younger Siblings - Build up a babysitting clientele? Lucilly's a popular babysitter because she's permissive and just makes sure her youthful charges don't get caught while she does her best to play 'weary mother' to them. However that may influence reputation with your particular kid. But whatever the case, Lucilly would definitely get to know you in school if she's over often enough to help with your kids. She doesn't even necessarily need to be paid, she just enjoys doing the job.
  • People to take advantage of how easy she is - She's a bit too forgiving and understanding, and I think some more unsavory characters to take advantage of that would be good. It would have to be subtle since Lucilly is a moral character, she can't outright be tricked into doing cruel things or whatever, she's not that dumb. But using her for gifts and favors is well within bounds.

The following character and her relationships are mostly noted for personal usage, but she can be used by others in pregame if they feel the need.

Asimah Djezari, world-class act
No Profile Will Ever Exist

A former social princess of Cochise who has since moved on to community college, currently a drug and alcohol suffused freshman whose grades remain adequate despite extensive partying. Returns to Kingman with her car on weekends, where her makeup talent will get her some odd jobs but she mostly just parties with her old crowd and blows the money from her job on campus. A fairly loose girl, quite well put together and probably even more talented than Irene, but quite the hedonist despite a strong and solo adherence among the members of her family to the ancestral Islamic faith.
- Irene tries her hardest to downplay the influence of her sister in her life to her friends in Cochise, and often underrepresented Asimah's role even when Asimah was still attending Cochise.
- When Irene looks especially good on a given day she was likely visited by Asimah at some point that day, as Asimah's skill at looking good far surpasses Irene's own and she makes Irene's natural beauty absolutely pop with her touch.

Current Relationships

For Asimah I'm looking for...

• Nothing, really - She's essentially as set as she needs to be, so unless you have any ideas somehow directly pertinent to Irene that need to involve Asimah this is more or less set. I've learned my lesson about being too involved with family members when they're mostly relegated to a side role.

So yeah, that's everything I got so far. Criticism and death threats welcome, beyond that lets get characters together. :3
Edited by Cicada Days, Feb 14 2016, 07:03 PM.
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No longer plagiarism!
Edited by The Burned Handler, Apr 11 2015, 10:04 AM.
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The questionmark sets a difference!

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
OP Archive for my own reference.

Seo-Hyeon Park, or The One Wearing A Really Pretty Mask

-> To be partially recycled into Seol-Jin Sun (v7)

Hye-Jin Park, or The One Where She's Literally 4Chan Come To Life

Ariana Grande Luz

-> Was partially recycled into Florentina 'Tina' Luz (v6)

Jenhifer Peterson

-> Was partially recycled into Lucilly Peterson (v6, adopted by Bikriki)

Eliza Reed

-> To be partially recycled into Heather Birmingham (v7)
Edited by Cicada Days, Jul 8 2016, 10:35 AM.

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have seen your PM, and I approve of all of the things.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Next time I see you in chat let's hash stuff out.

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

Quote:

Things SOTFers say

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Note to everyone I've PMed (the entire damn board who has concepts up at this point, most likely). I'm reevaluating Hye-Jin's role in my character cast due to advice from chat about me drastically trumping her up beyond reason. Kindly ignore anything I've said about her in my PMs while I work it out!

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sent you the PM!

Quote:

Quote:

Things SOTFers say

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
So yep, there is the new final character. Maybe. I hope. The nature of the character makes relationships far more selective, so don't expect another round of PMs to flood everyone's inboxes this time around! I'll do a few where I feel they're pertinent in a few days.

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We already did a bunch of great PM stuff, but I thought I'd throw some folks out for Yo-yo!

Alex and Ariana: If she's at games pretty often, Alex and Ariana have probably met. He works pretty closely with Cris, since they're pitcher/catcher, and they're decent friends, so they might know each other through that. Alex might be someone she can tag with to try and motivate/perk up Cris at times, since they think along similar lines there, it seems?

Ty and Ariana: In a similar vein, Cris and Ty know each other and share viewpoints, so she might know of him, at least. She might not take much of a shine to him because he could be seen as encouraging Cris's more negative view points?
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Maybe Alex? I could see it, since she's the sort to not be impressed by flaunting whatever, she'd be the sort who might just tell him to cut the BS and be straight with her. He might be taken aback at first but then respect her for it and they're fairly good at colluding even though they mostly run in different circles.

Again, Ariana I'm really limiting her relationship pool to show how inherently isolationist she is of a person.

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Cicada Days
Apr 22 2015, 01:04 PM
Maybe Alex? I could see it, since she's the sort to not be impressed by flaunting whatever, she'd be the sort who might just tell him to cut the BS and be straight with her. He might be taken aback at first but then respect her for it and they're fairly good at colluding even though they mostly run in different circles.

Again, Ariana I'm really limiting her relationship pool to show how inherently isolationist she is of a person.
That's really how Alex is to start with, to be honest. He's a bad person who does good things for bad reasons XD So I think that would work fine, he doesn't flaunt unless he sees some kind of advantage to it.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
EDIT: This post currently has no purpose.

Edited by Cicada Days, May 17 2015, 09:40 PM.

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Cicada Days
Apr 10 2015, 10:57 PM
Totally check out [...] Jenihfer
Who? :O

Quote:

Quote:

Things SOTFers say

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The Burned Handler
May 18 2015, 12:17 AM
Cicada Days
Apr 10 2015, 10:57 PM
Totally check out [...] Jenihfer
Who? :O
TOO SOON EXECUTUS

Ahem. That interruption aside, I have completely overhauled everything forever. Check it out! Also note that my current profile in the critique queue is actually more or less already forfeit, I'm already directionally moving away from that character.

EDIT: Also, this is round 2 of the legendary '1 Million PMs'. Prepare yeselves.
Edited by Cicada Days, May 18 2015, 12:32 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply