Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V6 Tabletop Crew; Yo Dawg I Heard You Like Roleplay
Topic Started: Mar 13 2015, 06:47 PM (1,050 Views)
Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Shadowrun

Scout's kind of an asshole and only assholes play shadowrun so she's in. This sounds like it'd be up Ashley's alley as well.
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dr. Adjective
Mar 26 2015, 06:59 AM
I'm playing with the idea of Oswald having gotten into RPGs either when he was younger, or for nerd Cred but actually ended up liking it unironically, but in any case he's definitely going to be a Magic player, so there's that.

In OOC terms I can also confirm that Edge of the Empire is a really cool system, if a bit weird to learn if you're used to more common d20 or d100 based systems. Oh and the 40k RPG lines are pretty rad too.
Sounds good! We may have a place for TCGs, depends on how many characters there are for that. I may tweak Ulysses some to incorporate another concept of mine that would help there.

I'm honestly not familiar with Edge of the Empire, but I'll look into it, especially if we have several folks who want to play it! 40k would be awesome.

MuseMan

With regards to Eri and LARPing, she might be able to contribute by making outfits for people. She's a cosplay fanatic, after all, and given her well-to-do background she'd have the money necessary for materials. Besides, someone needs to hang around on the sidelines and make sure drinks are readily available.

Sounds good!
Cieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

Scout's kind of an asshole and only assholes play shadowrun so she's in. This sounds like it'd be up Ashley's alley as well.

Coooor, what kind of characters would they play?
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Dr. Adjective
Member Avatar
We've given everything we can,
[ * ]
Ciel
Mar 30 2015, 09:46 AM
Quote:

Shadowrun

First of all how dare you

That said... Oswald's an asshole and he'd probably be into Shadowrun
Oh no
What if you're right
What if I'm an asshole?
V7 Ideas

Posted Image
No no no, you're shakin' it all wrong!

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Irene and Asimah TURN UP. I can actually see Asimah using gaming night as a time to meet up with old friends from high school and chill out without having to party or do drugs. Kind of like a break from her regular life. She'd just sort of play whatever people are playing, though she'd sometimes need things explained to her since she isn't too knowledgeable about games systems inherently she's a fast learner. As for Irene hell yes, she does it all. She channels some of her theater swag as well and is probably one of the better players at getting into character and stuffs.
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Faith-Hope would be in on this most likely thanks to her interest in D&D but since Ulysses left things may be awkward.
Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jeremy would probably be interested in this, although he would probably focus on creating as stupid a character as possible and go with it.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Breaking from my magical girl show to do an answer update. This is a sign of how much I love you all <3

Kay-dot

Irene and Asimah TURN UP. I can actually see Asimah using gaming night as a time to meet up with old friends from high school and chill out without having to party or do drugs. Kind of like a break from her regular life. She'd just sort of play whatever people are playing, though she'd sometimes need things explained to her since she isn't too knowledgeable about games systems inherently she's a fast learner. As for Irene hell yes, she does it all. She channels some of her theater swag as well and is probably one of the better players at getting into character and stuffs.

Awesome! The style Ulysses runs tends to favor newb friendliness, so Asimah should feel right at home. Irene would be a welcome edition to the table, need somebody to help balance out all these nutjobs :P
Deamon

Faith-Hope would be in on this most likely thanks to her interest in D&D but since Ulysses left things may be awkward.

This could be interesting. How does Faith-Hope feel about the whole situation? In my head, on Ulysses's end, he left the group near the end of middle school just because he felt like he was growing out of it, and while he takes the occasional potshot at the show during his sets or when he's streaming online, it's mostly in the spirit of friendliness and he doesn't hold it against/look down on anybody still involved with Network.
Magical Boy Yuggles

Jeremy would probably be interested in this, although he would probably focus on creating as stupid a character as possible and go with it.

Ulysses is super down for that, to be honest. It'll probably be relegated to special campaigns so the more "serious" gamers don't feel alienated or like they have to deal with setting breaking stuff, but Ulysses loves dumb characters.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply