Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V6 Tabletop Crew; Yo Dawg I Heard You Like Roleplay
Topic Started: Mar 13 2015, 06:47 PM (1,154 Views)
Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey folks!

So my boy, Harold "Ulysses" Fury, is the primary dungeon master/MC of all sorts of table-top gaming nights, and I'm looking for folks to come play with him in pre-game. While RPGs are the main name of the game, there's also the potential for card games, board games, miniatures, and anything else in the table-top setting you might want to bring. Some early ideas I have are:

Munchkin
Dungeons and Dragons
Settlers of Catan
Betrayal at House On A Hill
Pathfinder
Shadowrun
Dresdenverse

I'm open to more suggestions! If you're interested, just drop your character(s), how you think they'd fit into the group, and maybe a character or style they enjoy playing. I'll start with Ulysses:

Ulysses gets his fix primarily through Dungeons and Dragons 3.0-3.5. His two most frequent characters are Jugger Stonewall, a Dwarven Monk heading towards the Dwarven Defender prestige class who specializes in soaking up damage and status effects, and Nathaniel Bloom, a human bard moving towards the Dragon Disciple prestige class, specializing in talking his way out of combat and buffing party members prior to his transformation.

As a dungeonmaster, Ulysses believes in fun first and foremost. He has a lot of experience and tends to adjust campaigns to the skill level and comfort zone of the over-all group as he goes to make sure they're staying engaged, challenged, and entertained. He likes to think of his parties as a safe place for new players and veterans alike to hang out and enjoy themselves, and makes a point of shutting down inter-group fights as quickly as possible.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't have anyone who would do this, but I'm interested in seeing how it turns out.
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
the bass and the tweeters make the speakers go to war
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
What about a Firefly tabletop campaign? That way they can be SUPER hipsters!
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
NotAFlyingToy
Mar 13 2015, 07:55 PM
What about a Firefly tabletop campaign? That way they can be SUPER hipsters!
Shit man, drop me a system so that I have an idea how he'd run it or play it if someone else wants to DM and I'm down XD
SotF Characters

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
There's two. The new Firefly RPG and the Serenity one.

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

Quote:

Things SOTFers say

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Burned Handler
Mar 13 2015, 08:03 PM
There's two. The new Firefly RPG and the Serenity one.
To be honest, I'm not terribly familiar with Firefly, because I'm a bad nerd. Sounds interesting though, I'm up for it!
SotF Characters

Imehal
Member Avatar
The Captain America of alien fighting.
[ *  *  * ]
Even though my super gamer/nerd doesn't have a name yet, we've talked and I think they'd be interested in board games over tabletop, though I think they'll have a fleeting character that pops into the D&D campaign when he feels the desire. He might be a fanboy over Shadowrun though, so I'll see where that leads me. They hate games like Settlers, and Agricola but loves computer games and Magic: The Gathering particularly.

Also, a regular board games night with Betrayal at the House on the Hill. Please. It is one of my favourite games in real life. Other awesome group games might be card games like the D.C. deckbuilding card game, and such.

Does the group read comic books at all, on that subject? Or LARP? Not convinced the LARP community would be particularly great in Kingman, but you never know.

I also really, really need names for my kids.
[No claims on the avatar image]
v6 Relationship Thread Here!
v6
v5
You are all crazy!

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You'd be surprised. There's an SCA Kingdom in Arizona with a barony right on top of Kingman.

Quote:

Quote:

Things SOTFers say

Pancapples
Member Avatar
Has Ten Cats
[ * ]
If LARPing is a thing in Kingman, then Jack might be up for it. He's interested enough in Medieval history to be able to come up with some pretty bangin' armor.
Song currently stuck in my head: UNLIMITS - Shinkirō

Characters

V6 (Pregame)

Gary Kwan - "Fuck you." - I-II

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
While I don't think any of my characters would play tabletop games, I'd be down for one of them playing card or board games!

MuseMan
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
As I mentioned in chat a couple of days ago, Eri would totally be a gaming night regular. She'd be the one who comes up with all sorts of grand campaign ideas but ultimately never puts any of them into practice and just runs with the DM's plans. Her characters would probably be more cunning than brawny and have unconventional class/race combos. Though of course if LARPing is a thing she'd have to sit out.

Oh, and if you're looking for game systems to run, how about one of the Star Wars ones such as Edge of the Empire? That probably lies in a nice middle ground between DnD and Firefly on the nerdiness scale. Or maybe something like Warhammer to cover miniatures and wargames, assuming anyone in the club can afford it.

Privyet
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
One of my characters, Matt, would definitely be down for something like this, considering that he's basically a huge nerd. In contrast to his appearance, he'd probably play strong and brutish Barbarian types optimized as much as the DM would let him.

One cool system is Hollow Earth Expedition. It's easy to learn and based on the pulp serials of the 20s and 30s. Think Indiana Jones.

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll definitely look into both game suggestions!

Muse, Eri looks like a great fit, I'm sure Ulysses would love to see what she comes up with. If she's interested and LARPing becomes a thing, they may be able to incorporate her in a way that wouldn't be physically demanding so that she can still hang out and roleplay without having to worry about any complications?

Priv, Ulysses would be totally down with a big beefy barbarian type. He'd probably let him optimize as much as the rest of the party is comfortable with, just so everybody has their time to shine and the game stays even, since over-optimized characters tend to eat up the spotlight in campaigns. I'm sure they could work something out amicably though, he loves helping build characters people feel powerful playing.
SotF Characters

Dr. Adjective
Member Avatar
We've given everything we can,
[ * ]
I'm playing with the idea of Oswald having gotten into RPGs either when he was younger, or for nerd Cred but actually ended up liking it unironically, but in any case he's definitely going to be a Magic player, so there's that.

In OOC terms I can also confirm that Edge of the Empire is a really cool system, if a bit weird to learn if you're used to more common d20 or d100 based systems. Oh and the 40k RPG lines are pretty rad too.
V7 Ideas

Posted Image
No no no, you're shakin' it all wrong!

MuseMan
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
With regards to Eri and LARPing, she might be able to contribute by making outfits for people. She's a cosplay fanatic, after all, and given her well-to-do background she'd have the money necessary for materials. Besides, someone needs to hang around on the sidelines and make sure drinks are readily available.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply