Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hello! I can draw something for you if you'd like; Queue currently open, but may be slow, but hopefully not, but let's manage expectations
Topic Started: Mar 11 2015, 01:06 PM (19,084 Views)
Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Stylish + fancy. Reminds me of something, but I can't describe it, something to do with the background colors and subject poses I think. Hi Frogue btw, welcome to sotf, I think. :-]

Question: How much time does it usually take for you to make each sotf/kid piece?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Frogue
Mar 12 2015, 08:27 PM
They take me quite a while, but I don't art in a very focused manner. I'll do it while watching TV, or on the tram or whatever, just as something to do, so it's really no trouble.

Again, thank you all so much for the really lovely feedback.
That's neat, thanks for the answer Frogue. :]

I think I better throw in now with your drawings before your line gets too long (as with all art threads here as you may have seen, haha) since there are already starting to be requests for seconds kids by others. Hope you stick around for the long haul with the full games as well, dude/gal (sorry, I don't know your gender) and enjoy your time here on the boards.

Usually, I don't ask any artist to draw any of mine, because I legitimately feel like a bother and just keep away from everything, til they get freed up or something. I've actually not had any of my SOTF kids drawn by anyone since, my friend/cuz Violent Medic had drawn my TV boy, Shawn Morrison, in this post here. Well, it was more than 2 Years Ago + I never did save the picture, nor has anyone put it on the mini site wiki and it's probably gone forever, so now I don't have any. :-/

So I figured that enough time has passed for me to be eligible to ask for an artist to draw one of my others? I've decided to subscribe to the Frogue Model. X)

Frogue, I think the kid I pick as a polite request for your interpretation is, my V5 Kyran Dean. Appearance section first paragraph is physical features, like stitch lip (you can draw the stitches) stuff + 2nd paragraph is his clothes on abduction day. I mean, whenever you want to that is, no rush or anything bro/sis. I promise not to ask again, till I actually get some kids approve for V6, which will probably be a long while from now. XP

P.S: If there's any brand that's too difficult to draw, you can replace with the word "Whatever", since that's his well known 'catchphrase'. The diamond supply stuff is on the t-shirt itself rather than the sleeveless jacket which is just dark gray. Boxers or tank don't need to show. ^_^;

PM me if anything in the profile isn't clear, because I'm sure there are some parts I wasn't very clear at describing? : /

Cheers and thanks for offering to draw all these. ♥

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
These are really neat and I love the little touches of including assigned weapons (or popular weapon of choice associated with that character) in some of the images. Though I miss the colorful backgrounds of some. Reminds me of this Battle Royale class roster drawing of each student with their assigned weapons that I saw a long while back around the time when I had first seen the Battle Royale movie. I also remember one thing among others that your style felt similar to me, which was the "Negotiator" series of flash games, except yours is much better made. Keep up the good work. : )

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Frogue
Apr 3 2015, 08:11 AM
If you want a coloured background for Kyran, I'm happy to do one.
Totally up to you, mate. : ]

Also yep, take your time, no hurry, especially since you have a consistently growing, never ending line of request that is becoming more and more massive by the day. You deserve a break: Thanks again for being cool and making all these high quality pictures at such a quick/timely way as well.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Frogue
Apr 10 2015, 08:43 AM
Hello, I have a working interim internet solution (it's Starbucks!) so I am getting back on the art train, shovelling some coal, stoking some fires and then going... maybe? I don't really know how trains work. This may hinder progress.

Progress probably will be hindered, but I will do my best to stay consistent! Thanks everyone for all your wonderful requests, and for being so patient. Especially to you, Cake. Let me know what kinda background you want for Kyran and I shall deliver!
Ooh, well I'm an indecisive sort, not too picky about this. Whatever you think would work well, because I trust your judgement more than my own when it comes to artwork. Don't worry about the wait. It just gives me something to look forward to, more, cause after that it'll probably be a while before I run aboard your steam powered locomotive once again. Drawings are cool, though, so it's tempting. Karen Ruiz looks quite nice btw.

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Frogue
Apr 12 2015, 02:53 PM
Kyran! With background!

Not enough Fan-Fare. Talk about Frogue's artwork sotf.

"We are."

Talk about Frogue's artwork some more!

Cake
Member Avatar
Psychedelic!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Your drawing of decoy's Zubin is precious, omgosh.

Edit: Of course the post where I purposely make myself sound like a teenaged girl is the post that get's top of the page!

Also just realized, my guy Kyran, looks really, really young in comparison to the other guys, probably cause the skinniness/clothes. My brother pointed it out when I showed him. Is a non-background version available, btw? Just because all the wiki pics are non-background.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Artist's Alley · Next Topic »
Add Reply