Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V6 Q&A
Topic Started: Mar 9 2015, 02:40 PM (3,205 Views)
SOTF_Help
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
DuckyB
Mar 9 2015, 03:18 PM
Many schools, colleges, and childcare facilities have switched to the A.L.I.C.E system of public safety training for dealing with intruders and similarly dangerous situations. Will Cochise High provide A.L.I.C.E training for faculty and students?
It will not. While the training has received some high level endorsement, it is still extremely controversial and has a very mixed reputation with regards to use in public school systems. Since no real life schools in Kingman appear to use it, and since it does not align with the philosophies of the Cochise staff, it will not be in effect. In Arizona, schools are legally required to conduct lockdown drills twice a year; anything else is at school discretion.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SOTF_Help
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Burned Handler
Mar 9 2015, 03:24 PM
Will Cochise have the same or similar code of conduct and dress code as Kingman High School? How similar is it in administration and rules to the other Kingman high schools? How old is Cochise?
All of this information will be rolled out with the start of Pregame. There will be a school dress code explicitly published.

The Burned Handler
Mar 9 2015, 03:24 PM
Will there have been a timeskip between v5 and 6 like there was for 4 and 5? By how long?

Yes. There will be a timeskip to bring us roughly even with the real life date.
Posted Image

SOTF_Help
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
NotAFlyingToy
Mar 10 2015, 04:19 AM
Are the NPCs (and the Handler involvement in their creation) going to return? How about the Meanwhile section? Are stories that are started in V5's meanwhile going to carry over into V6?
The NPC section will return in some capacity, as will Meanwhile. If handlers wish to continue or follow up stories from V5's Meanwhile, they may. V6 Meanwhile will, however, have its own section for improved clarity/continuity, and threads contemporary with V6 should take place there.
Posted Image

SOTF_Help
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Burned Handler
Mar 11 2015, 12:11 PM
When in the year is pregame set? How much flexibility do we have in terms of when threads take place? How much discretion will handlers have over how successful the school has been recently, academically or athletically? For example, the Aurora Pelicans had a champion football team during v5 pregame IIRC.
Pregame will span the half year closest to when the game will launch--it'll depend on when pregame starts OOC. There will be a specific start date IC for pregame, and the abduction date, and threads that do not fall between these times should go in Memories (as should threads that fall out of chronological order for a character). Generally, handler requests and desires will be taken into account as much as possible re: school success--to best serve all handlers, the school will likely have a middling reputation over all, with specific programs within it achieving either excellence or infamy rather than the school as a whole doing so.
Posted Image

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Can characters connected to past versions - say, graduates of Barry Coleson or something - appear in Meanwhile as long as they have no connection to the Cochise High kids?
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Is there an IC reason for the second timeskip?
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Could you pleeeease do something special IC, due to it being the 10th anniversary of SOTF IC? Like a throwback to old versions and references to them?

Pancapples
Member Avatar
Has Ten Cats
[ * ]
What are the school colours?
Song currently stuck in my head: UNLIMITS - Shinkirō

Characters

V6 (Pregame)

Gary Kwan - "Fuck you." - I-II

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Where in the city will Cochise be located? We talked about locations a bit on the last page but will any notable real locations get their own forums?

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

Quote:

Things SOTFers say

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
the bass and the tweeters make the speakers go to war
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Will Handlers be able to submit ideas for BKA rewards?
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Does staff like hurting other people?

Quote:

Quote:

Things SOTFers say

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
NotAFlyingToy
Mar 24 2015, 04:37 PM
Kinda branching off of this, will the BKA/BDA structure of food and weapons to BKA winners and a scrolly quote for BDA winners stay the same for V6?
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
the bass and the tweeters make the speakers go to war
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
DuckyB
Mar 24 2015, 04:40 PM
NotAFlyingToy
Mar 24 2015, 04:37 PM
Kinda branching off of this, will the BKA/BDA structure of food and weapons to BKA winners and a scrolly quote for BDA winners stay the same for V6?
Will DuckyB be up for 'Sexiest Handler' again for V6?
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
NotAFlyingToy
Mar 24 2015, 05:15 PM
Will DuckyB be up for 'Sexiest Handler' again for V6?
Posted Image

One thing I've heard mentioned by staff in the past is updating Mr. Danya's Guide To Survival to be more in-line with the modern tone of AT. Will we see the Survival Guide updated in V6?
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Will footage be again prerecorded like it was in V5?
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply