Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bananas Draws Sometimes; And by sometimes I mean rarely
Topic Started: Feb 20 2015, 11:01 PM (977 Views)
DastardlyBananas
Member Avatar
Basically only active on site in the Artist's Alley now
[ * ]
Sometimes I draw things. Sometimes. Okay almost never but still.

I'm just making this thread to put some of it up somewhere I guess. I don't know. I was partially coerced into doing this, but hey, maybe it will make me draw more.

I'm not opening myself to requests at the moment because I don't want to be eaten alive, sorry! Also because I can't draw people very well.

Some stuff I guess

So yeah, I guess this exists now.
Ah yes, the signature, the place where I make my individual mark upon every post I let see the light of day. Surely it should be something magnificent, something that truly captures my essence as the extraordinary person that I am?
Crap.

V6

Other stuff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DastardlyBananas
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Toben reminded me I had some pen sketches of birds. I basically copied these from pictures, but I did them entirely in pen. No pencil sketches beforehand. Because I like making myself sad I guess. It was actually pretty fun and I should do it again sometime.

Birbs

Edit: Forgot a sketch somehow. I guess I never took a picture of it?
Edited by DastardlyBananas, Feb 20 2015, 11:45 PM.
Ah yes, the signature, the place where I make my individual mark upon every post I let see the light of day. Surely it should be something magnificent, something that truly captures my essence as the extraordinary person that I am?
Crap.

V6

Other stuff

DastardlyBananas
Member Avatar
[ * ]
I guess since I was drawing things today (a rarer occurrence than three posts in relatively quick succession would have you believe), I might as well put them here. I did some skull studies with an elephant and a rabbit. I traced them from a photo first to get a general feel for how they're supposed to work, then sketched them from reference. Quite relaxing really!

Skullssssss

I do mean it when I say I probably won't post this often normally. Most of what's in here so far is old art. Putting stuff here is cool, but I just don't really draw that often. ;>.>
Crap.

V6

Other stuff

DastardlyBananas
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Avoiding homework at all costs by doing more skull studies wheeeeeeee!

I like skulls too much

NotAFlyingToy

This shit is dope.

Thanks Naft! ;u;

Fenris

Birds!! I love birds!!!! You draw such cute birds!!!!!!!! I'm sorry for all the exclamation points but I really love birds a lot!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! I love birds a lot too, so I understand. I've been wanting to draw more anyway, so maybe I can draw one just for you? What kind of birds do you like? I'll see if I can get around to doing it at some point! Probably after I actually do my homework...
Crap.

V6

Other stuff

DastardlyBananas
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Fenris
Feb 21 2015, 09:24 PM
Oh gosh really??? Aaaah now I have to pick a favorite bird it's like picking a favorite child.......

Okay um could you maybe draw a kestrel? :3 Thank you so so much aaaah I cannot overexaggerate how excited I am thank you ;w;
Guess who drew a bird instead of doing homework. Hint: it's me.

Birb

I do actually have access to a scanner sometimes, so hopefully that helps the quality!

Oh, I almost forgot. I was tempted to do this picture, but I figured it would be better if you could actually see the face.
Crap.

V6

Other stuff

DastardlyBananas
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Ah yes, look who's finally living up to their promise of not posting here often.

Unfortunately that makes me feel bad, so I drug up some old stuff from one of my sketchbooks.

I'll draw something new eventually

The quality on these are meh because I draw really lightly and have to mess with the scanner settings. They're also huge and I really don't feel like re-sizing them. Sorry!
Crap.

V6

Other stuff

DastardlyBananas
Member Avatar
[ * ]
*Claws their way out of a void known as horrible amounts of school work because of IB*

Oh God I have not been on here in forever. I guess the best way to get back into the swing of things is by updating the thread that I made myself. Luckily, I have been finding time to draw in the two months I've been gone! Unfortunately it's all traditional, so you'll have to put up with my terrible scan quality (I draw too lightly >.<).

Can you tell what my favorite thing to draw is

So that's that! Sorry for the unexpected hiatus in posting. I was expecting to have gaps between stuff, but not ones that are that long. Thanks to everyone who complimented my stuff and I never replied to! I really do appreciate it, I just got busy and don't like posting in here without art. ;n;

Crap.

V6

Other stuff

DastardlyBananas
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Guess who hasn't been on SOTF in general for ages but then decides to update their art thread out of the blue because they feel guilty and also want to share all the stuff they've been doing lately. It's me. You don't actually get to guess.

Let me tell you the story of a little artist who started drawing every day and has been doing so since July 28th. There is a show called Steven Universe. This little artist liked that show very much. Too much, some might say, to which they would reply at first with scorn and then with eventual acceptance. This show inspired great love in the artist, to the point where the desire to draw fanart became too strong for them to bear, and they let loose the floodgates. They drew and drew, to the point where the sketch pages started filling up and the files started running out of good names. The artist watched their craft improve slowly in front of their very eyes, until finally, they just had to share it.

So here's the result of that, in chronological order! Fair warning, these are all HUGE. I apologize, but resizing every one of these canvases would be so much work that I'm just not up to. I'd recommend opening the image in a new tab if you can't see it. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

God save you if you don't like Steven Universe, because that's basically all that's in here

Okay, I lied, these aren't entirely in chronological order. There's one I took out because it needed to be on its own.

Behold, my magnum opus
Crap.

V6

Other stuff

DastardlyBananas
Member Avatar
[ * ]
*coughs awkwardly*

I haven't posted anything in here since September. Well. Woops. Clearly 3 AM is the best time to fix this. I'm not going to post everything in here since that would be silly, but I can pick out a few nice things I've done. As usual, images are at their full size, so things might be a little big for forum format! I recommend opening them in a new tab if they're too big. I draw most of my stuff on 1500 x 2100 pixel canvases or larger, so that it can be printed at 300 dpi as 5 x 7 inches, but this does not convert well to forums.

Beware, Undertale and Steven Universe spoilers ahead! You've been warned.

Aaaand that's about it. I could include more stuff, but I think this is fine. I know I'm not really active on SOTF itself anywhere but here (and obviously I'm not very good at that either), but people still like art, right? ...Right?
Crap.

V6

Other stuff

DastardlyBananas
Member Avatar
[ * ]
In the interest of updating more often, I bring you today's daily art! I like how cute this sketch is, but that might just be because Goodra in general is precious.

If you say Goodra is a bad Pokemon, I will personally fight you

Slam

I also really like the sketch. Dandy art across the board, though~

Thank you so much! Comments mean a lot, even when they're really short. Just knowing that people like my stuff enough to say something helps keep me motivated to draw more!
Crap.

V6

Other stuff

DastardlyBananas
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Aside from one bit of art homework, I spent all day doodling Goodra. Woops.

Goopy goopy goop

Goodra! It's cute and easy to draw!
Crap.

V6

Other stuff

DastardlyBananas
Member Avatar
[ * ]
One day I'll remember that posting art is a thing I should do. I can't even post stuff to my Tumblr regularly, and I'm on that far more often than here. Truly I am the best at this.

Anyway! I come bearing sketchbook pages and a finished piece! Remember to open this stuff in another tab; I am still too lazy to resize it. I'm sorry. I'm also sorry for my scanner quality; I don't do traditional art enough to be adept at using it.

The real spoiler is that I still love Steven Universe
Crap.

V6

Other stuff

DastardlyBananas
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Will there ever be a time when I don't suck at posting my art consistently? Probably not.

I've actually been having a lot of trouble drawing stuff the past...few.......weeks. Hopefully posting some stuff will help? Anyway, here's some a lot of older stuff in chronological order. They're still huge, so if you've hated me for that in the past, prepare to hate me for it more now.

This is several months worth of stuff, I'm sorry

And now I shall retreat back to my cave and probably be inactive for another two months, knowing me.
Crap.

V6

Other stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Artist's Alley · Next Topic »
Add Reply