Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Suddenly, a Relationship Thread; aka discuss ideas with Kami
Topic Started: Feb 9 2015, 03:18 AM (1,539 Views)
KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So there's a good chance I may join v6 after all! So far I have two three fine ladies that would love to be your friend. Or enemy. Or love interest. Or whatever you can see!

I might add their relationships in this post later on, but for now, here's what I wrote about them in the concepts thread copypasta'd, plus cliffnote-versions!

Emma Aguilar Luz- I was working on her, and then remembered that I was planning on making a Luz. So she's a Luz now, yay!

Emma is a bookish girl, who loves reading and studying. I'm thinking that she might know how to play the piano as well. She's generally pretty studious and academic-focused. I'm also thinking that she might be on the student council?

Ems' parents identify as preppers, and growing up Emma has been familiar with the basics of surviving a disaster. When she was younger she would often go on camping trips with them, and while she doesn't as often she still does on a few occasions. At some point, she was also enrolled in self-defense classes, at least partly as a response to the SOTF terrorist attacks. However, the thing that mainly interests her is first aid, and while she's not a substitute for a doctor she knows a lot of information about it.

Starting from her early teens Emma has experienced medical symptoms such as drowsiness during the day, muscle weakness, and sleep paralysis. While at first she thought it was stress, she was eventually diagnosed with narcolepsy with cataplexic symptoms, and prescribed medication for it. At first Emma tried not to tell anyone about her diagnosis out of fear that it would impact how people see her, but nowadays tends to tell people about it as early as possible so that they know what to do if she's having symptoms. Emma has been concerned about whether her health problems would effect her life later on, but tries her best to get past it. In addition, it's made her a little health conscious; she exercises regularly at the local fitness club and rarely, if ever, eats junk food. On campus she has a few accommodations for her condition.

At school, Emma is well-liked due to her generally being friendly and knowledgeable. She's, as I said, bookish, but extroverted. Ems' is a bit on the cautious side, as a result of growing up with a prepper background as well as her condition. As you might suspect, she tends to make friends with other academically inclined people. I imagine she has a bit of an ambitious side to her, and is driven to succeed. As for her relationship to the rest of the Luz family, I imagine she'd be generally close to them.

Cliffnote Version
- One of the Luz kids. I'm trying to keep it open so that I won't step on any other Luz ideas.
- Academically focused; likes reading and studying.
- Plays piano?
- On student council.
- Parents are preppers; while she does know self-defense and basic survival skills, the main thing she's good at is first aid.
- Diagnosed with narcolepsy. As a result, she tends to be more health-conscious.
-Well-liked among her classmates, especially the more academic crowd. Also one of the nicer members of the popular crowd.
-Nice and friendly, though cautious.

Junko Kurosawa- In some ways she's changed, and other ways she's the same as before. Junko is, has, and always will be an adrenaline junkie. As a kid she and her friends ended up watching Jackass, and attempted to come up with their own stunts. Naturally, that was put to a stop quickly. As a teen, she practices parkour/freerunning, rollerblades, and is on the track team. If it involves getting your blood pumping, as a general rule Junko will be right there the second you even suggest it. Overall, she's a tomboyish girl with an adventurous and thrill-seeking personality.

Junko is the adoptive daughter of a lesbian couple, and personally identifies as pansexual. She tends to be sensitive about LGBT issues, and as a result of growing up in a more conservative town she has a tendency to become defensive and cranky due to people reacting negatively to her family and their choices, especially since she tends to be more liberal in general.

Aside from her adrenaline junkie antics, she has a few "geeky" ones. Junko likes cartoons (both Western and anime), comic books, and video games. Her favorites tend to be more of the "action" flavor; think things like Dragonball Z, fighting games, or superhero comics. Though, now that I think of it, it makes sense that she likes a few horror games as well.

As mentioned before, she's on the tomboyish side, and more athletically inclined in general. Junko's a bit prideful and a bit of a show-off, though as I said, she tends to have a bit of a temper, both about her family and about things in general, At school, she's a bit of a procrastinator, and while not necessarily a slacker she occasionally has to be reminded about upcoming due dates for projects. Otherwise, though, she gets decent grades consistently. Junko's close to both of her mothers, perhaps to the point of being a "mommy's girl".

Cliffnote Version
- Adrenaline junkie. Early antics inspired by Jackass, but nowadays gets her dose in more healthy ways (parkour/freerunning, track, and rollerblading).
- Is officially on the track team, as that parentheses suggests.
- Adoptive daughter of lesbian couple; close to both of her mothers.
- Identifies as pansexual
- Is sensitive about LGBT issues as a result, and is one of the people with more liberal leanings in general.
- Likes video games, animation, and comic books. Tends to prefer more action-focused works.
- Prideful, a bit temperamental.
- Procrastinator.

Jennifer Wallace- Jennifer is an aspiring journalist, and part of the school newspaper. Like Ems, she is more on the academic side. However, she's fairly introverted. Jennifer's not by any means a loner, but more someone who can come off as cold and quiet to people who don't know her very well. While she tends to dress in a somewhat vintage/retro feminine style, she's actually a bit more tomboyish than she looks; she prefers to make friends with boys, and in her spare time she enjoys urban recreation.

She also enjoys painting and photography; while she prefers photography more, she paints a ton too. Sometimes Jennifer takes pictures of her ventures into urban exploration, and, while she doesn't post them online or show them off, uses them as a reference for her paintings. I'm currently thinking that she's the type that would be interested in adventures to the ghost towns around Kingman, and perhaps maybe hiking in the mountains? She also likes to read, with a preference towards mystery novels. While she doesn't admit it, she still has her Nancy Drew novels from when she was a kid, even though her tastes have matured. She also likes watching movies, generally older classic or arthouse-y. General rule: if it's appeared on Brows Held High, there's a decent chance she's seen it.

As I said before, she's a bit introverted and hard to get to know, but she's polite, if a little snarky. She can get a little nitpicky and finicky at times, but she at least tries to voice her criticisms in a polite way. Jennifer is a good student, and is dead set on her becoming a journalist.

By the way, she has a horrible caffeine addiction. She drinks around three cups of coffee a day, possibly more when she's working hard overnight. When she doesn't get her fix, she gets irritable and has headaches.

Cliffnote Version
- Aspiring journalist, part of the school newspaper
- Academically focused.
-While she dresses in a somewhat feminine vintage/retro way, she is tomboyish.
- Likes urban exploration, and may be up for hiking and ghost town visits.
- Likes painting and photography, though more so for photography.
- Watches older and/or arthouse-y films.
- Introverted and a little quiet, but she's polite. She can get snarky and finicky, but she tries to stay polite.
- Has a horrible habit of drinking a lot of coffee.

Got any ideas? Post them here!
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sorry everyone. I was kind of focusing on a massacre thread in Mini and got distracted again. X_X

MEDIC- Yes! The Luz cousins would know each other. I'm looking at Lily's info, and I agree they would probably get along. Ems is a bit more extroverted, but I think she would like Lily.

As for Danny and Junko, I kind of like the idea of them being exes. Junko would be all "D:<" after they broke up, especially if it was over text messaging. Maybe they were friends before they dated, but not anymore?

Aloha- Bridgette and Emma seem to be busy-bodies in much the same way (Orchestra, student council, and studying in general?). I do see them at least getting along. They're both established to be part of the popular crowd too, if I'm remembering correctly, so there's a connection there.

I do see Samuel and Junko having this dynamic where they're friends, but she keeps trying to push him into all sorts of activities she likes but he would be all "Uh...". Like "C'mon, it's just a haunted house/jump/rollercoaster! Don't be a baby! : D" But, I can also see her being quite fond of him, and is willing to bond over scary games and action-y ones, too!

Pancapples- I think Junko would like Gary. I don't think they'd be super-close buddies, since Junko's pretty... feisty, if you want to use that term. But I do see her being appreciative of his being on track and his active lifestyle in general.

I do agree that Tabby and Junko could be friends, though. Tabby seems like an energetic happy sort, which Junko would approve of. X3

Birdy- I totally told Ciel that his Jazzy can be creepy to Junko, so I'm up for that. Junko would be all "Bleh, this person again. D:<" whenever Nancy starts weebing out on her. Junko doesn't like weebs.

I do see Sandra and Junko having friendly competition together. Like, they're friends, but being competitive and all... it seems like they'd try to outdo each other. Or at least Junko would. But yeah, friends!

Emma would probably know Jennifer, but Emma's a bit more social. I'd imagine they'd be friendly, but they're not super-best buddies.

How's all this sound?
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bumping this back up, because Junko has a profile now!

As noted above in Burnie''s post, I kind of decided Junko also now smokes weed. I put it in her profile in case that was a necessary detail. Otherwise, she's mostly the same, just expanded!

So yeah. If you see something there now that she has a profile, feel free to ask!
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bumping this again. The reason why is because I have a third person now.

Some of you may remember Jennifer, my PAHL girl. I was thinking recently, and I decided that I want to bring her back for v6! Yay!

She'll be revamped for setting reasons, of course. But for the most part, the core of her character will be the same. She just won't have pica this time. : D

I updated my first post, so take a look to see if there's anything you can see her doing for your kids!

(by the way, she'll most probs be a senior)
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Which one do you see being buddy bud, Coy? O:

We discussed Sabrina and Ems (can I call her "'Brina" as a nickname? Just to go with "Ems", is all) over PM, yes. It's possible that Jaime and Ems might have taking the same first aid classes, especially since they both are interested in medical careers. She might know Junko, too, since Junko's super athletic (which would go well with Jaime's archery and swimming). Maybe Jennifer as well, since she likes artsy things and is also pretty snarky and opinionated.

Thoughts?

(sorry this is brief, I just woke up. X_X)
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey Corey! Sorry for the wait.

Emma- I like the idea of someone looking up to her, so I'm down for what you've suggested with Lani. I think Ems would appreciate that she's a good student as well, come to think of it, especially since she likes Biology. They also both receive tutoring! And Sabrina's a dancer type too (ballet, not hip hop, though), so there's a chance that, if Lani would know Brina, she would know Ems. Overall, I think they might know each other on a passing basis, but Ems would like her. : D

Juniper, I recall that, growing up, band/orchestra/what have you would have perfomances scheduled together with choir. For example, choir would be scheduled earlier in the evening, and orchestra later. So! There's totally a chance that they'd work together at some point. Also, relatedly: while I haven't alluded to it much, Emma loves Frozen. Sure, it has a few flaws here and there, but she absolutely adores it. It wouldn't be out of character for her to end up in a "Let It Go" singalong with someone, really, at least not too much. I also just noticed that, according to her profile, Juniper considered running for Senior President but dropped out eventually. Perhaps we could play around with that?

Jennifer- As mentioned in an earlier post, Jennifer is a senior! Which is good, because I can actually see stuff between her and Juniper, believe it or not. I'm thinking they might have an odd friendship that doesn't seem that weird the more you think about it, or at the very least, they're on better terms than you'd think. While Jennifer is more tomboyish than you'd think at first glance, she's very much a cosmetic user. In fact, for a while I debated whether or not she'd use perfume or similar, but then I realized that she probably smells like coffee no matter what. She's probably stopped by the store a few times (also, not sure if I should bring this up, but Jennifer is multiracial, specifically Black/Filipino on her dad's and Native American/European on her mom's. If the store turns out to have things that would be nice for people with tanner skin tones and curlier hair, she'd definitely approve). As to how she feels about Juniper personally, Jennifer's a bit more quiet and introverted, so Juniper's perkiness and clinginess might overwhelm her at times. But! I'd imagine that Jennifer would have, at the least, positive feelings about her. Also, this may be my strange sense of humor talking, but I think it would be funny if people got their names mixed up because they're similar.

She might know Lani, too. I'm debating whether or not Jennifer tutors with the club, but if she does, then there's a chance that she might know Lani from it. Jennifer's also fairly skilled with social media, since she has a blog (to help with her journalism skills), and she probably is familiar with things like Pinterest, Instagram, and so on due to her interest in photography. They're in different grades, though, so they might not be super-close.

Junko- Sadly, Junko is about as butch as it gets, so I don't see her being super into, say, scented body lotion, at least beyond the basic skin care stuff. But, I have an idea that she might have come into the store a few times to get her moms something for their birthdays or similar. I think she'd be neutral towards Juniper, though.

Lani, though... I think Junko would actually kind of dislike her, though not hugely. I think she'd see her as "fake", due to her desire to seem normal. Also, if Lani would make her dislike of her known, Junko would probably get annoyed. After all, the procrastination sucks, yeah, but she likes being impulsive, damn it, and screw anyone who doesn't. So, guess they dislike each other? ^_^;

Your thoughts?
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bumping this up. Why? Because Jennifer is actually in the queue now.

Enjoy! I don't mind some last minute stuff with her or the other two, by the way.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey everyone!

Jordan and Jennifer- Agreed! I think that with their shared interests they could get along nicely. They're both smart, too! I think Jennifer would express concern in his falling grades in particular. They're also both bloggers, and Jennifer probably has reviewed a few movies on hers. Maybe they've influenced each other in some way?

Jordan and Junko- I think she'd just be "meh, whatever" at him. She wouldn't really have any opinions about him either way otherwise. They might know each other if Jordan's an Anime Club person, but other than that, she'd just shrug at any antagonism.

Jordan and Ems- I think she'd have relatively positive feelings about him. Like you said, they're both smart, cautious people. I don't see them being as close as say, him and Jennifer, but I do see Ems being fond of her.

Amanda and Junko- Pulling up what you said about them when I first asked:

Quote:

Junko and Amanda are both a little flighty and are both outgoing and confident, with their shared interests, it's fairly possible that they'd be friends. However, Junko's attitude towards work is definitely something that Amanda would be very fond of and it could lead to some disagreement between them. Apart from that, íf they are good friends, I'd think that Amanda's natural curiosity would lead her to go along with most things Junko does, even if she may vocally object at the time.

Agreed, actually. Junko's a bit of a procrastinator because of how absentminded she is, so that could probs be something that'd disagree on. Otherwise, though, they'd get along nicely! I think Junko's feelings would be positive, thinking about it a bit more.

Mabes and Jennifer- I think Jennifer would find the survivalist aspect a little weird, in all honesty. However, she would also relate to the whole "change your appearance" thing since she went through a similar phase (though for different reasons). They're both also artsy people, and Jennifer has bought things from thrift shops. While her thing's more vintage clothing and other items instead of electronics, she would still enjoy the idea of it. The idea of using light as art would also appeal to her. They also both love hiking/urban exploration, which could be a thing they could bond over. So I think she'd have mixed feelings on her.

Mabes and Ems- They'd definitely relate to each other because of the prepper element, yeah! I think Ems would be in some ways supportive of Mabes' interest in survivalism, and Ems has wilderness survival skills as a result of camping with her family. However, despite her background, Ems is skeptical when it comes to stuff like conspiracy theories and general woo. She's probably used to it in some ways, but it still bugs her a bit. In particular, she tends to get annoyed when said theories involve pseudoscience (since she is a science-y person). If the topic of, say, drone attacks came up, she'd just raise her eyebrows a bit. However, she'd try to resist the urge to jump in with facts if it turns to things like vaccines or alternative medicine (if Mabes is the type). If Ems does speak up about it, she'd try her best to be polite, though.

Cris and Jennifer- I like the idea that she interviewed him or Rod, actually! This is especially so since they're both supposed to be superb at what they do, and I think something like state championships would probably be covered by the school newspaper in some way. As for Cris specifically, they do share similar interests in that they both have somewhat of an interest in hiking and urban exploration as well as older media. I'm not sure if they'd be too close, but I do see them connecting in some ways. Though, if Cris did try to hit on her, I think she'd react with a bit of skepticism. Jennifer's not again the idea of dating, casual sex, flirtation, or anything like that, but her first thought would be whether or not he's making a pass because he expects her to put out in some way. While not to the same extent as Feli (Program V2 character), there were a few... stories about her floating around for a while. While they've largely died down as of senior year, I think Cris making a move would- at least initially- kind of make her suspicious of his motives, even if he means nothing bad about it. There's also something I've been thinking about asking about the baseball team, but I'll probably ask it in the baseballer thread since I feel that's a better place.

Rod and Jennifer- Already gave my thoughts on the interview thing, so now here is everything else! Like Cris, hiking would probably be a thing to bond over. Same goes with the reading. I honestly can't think of much right now, though, so we should probably come back to it.

Jane and Jennifer- Some time ago, one of Jane's past handlers (Somersault) did ask me about them in this thread; they put their characters up for adoption before I could respond, though. I did like the idea they proposed, though. However, I feel that it should be up to your own interpretation in the end, since she's yours now. They do, overall, share similar interests in hiking and movies. Jennifer has also written some reviews of movies she's seen, as mentioned above.

Sorry anything here's a bit weirdly phrased or confusing; I've been feeling iffy the past few days, and it might show.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply