Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Suddenly, a Relationship Thread; aka discuss ideas with Kami
Topic Started: Feb 9 2015, 03:18 AM (1,543 Views)
Somersault
Member Avatar
i'm a boss ass bitch (bitch bitch)
[ *  * ]
Hi KamiKaze! I'll just try to hash out a few ideas here for relationships between our characters!
Emma- Candice has probably passed by her in the hallways, but they've probably only have had a couple of chats. Jane may have a somewhat more antagonistic relationship with her, because Jane loves to be in charge, and has a short temper.

Junko- Candice would probably know of Junko in passing, but I'm not sure of more than that. Jane may talk to Junko about hiking, but they may also not get along, because they're somewhat similar in personality.

Jennifer- I could see Jane being pretty good friends with Jennifer, due to the fact that Jane LOVES movies, and reviews them. Also, I can see Jane being the more outgoing of the two, as Jane tends to get along with people who are more introverted, instead of people who are more like her. Candice may know Jennifer, but I'm not really sure what they'd have in common.
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bumping this up. Why? Because Jennifer is actually in the queue now.

Enjoy! I don't mind some last minute stuff with her or the other two, by the way.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

Randomness
Member Avatar
Is in some state of existence
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jordan just got through the queue so I'll give a few ideas for him.

I think Jennifer and Jordan might get along pretty well. They both have shared interests in writing and while Jordan doesn't specifically seek out specific styles of movies, he does watch most things that he views as influential or well rated so he might know a bit about the experimental scene.

Jordan would totally judge Junko a lot for the way she acts, and though he isn't the type to make these kind of thoughts known, I'd think they might be mildly antagonistic if they do know each other very well.

Jordan and Emma have similar personalities and approaches to things and she seems like the kind of person that he'd largely be friendly with.

Also just a confirmation on Amanda and Junko, any idea on how Junko would feel about Amanda? I'd think Amanda would by and large be cool with Junko and they could be quite friendly, but I don't think we confirmed that?
"I have the heart of a young boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk" -- Stephen King

Those no longer with us

It's the Grand Map of Doom! v6

frogue
Member Avatar
just a picture of a cloud
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mabes Cole might be friends with Jennifer and Emma. She's pretty involved in the Kingman art community, and involved in the prepping community too kinda, so might be acquainted with the Luz family
Links

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rod or Cris could have been interviewed by Jennifer easily enough. Cris might possibly have made a pass at her like he does most girls, and even if they're not super close either might get along with her okay. I'll think about stuff with Jane, they might bond over their enjoyment of movies and hiking. Jen, Jane and Cris all share the hiking/urban exploration interest.
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey everyone!

Jordan and Jennifer- Agreed! I think that with their shared interests they could get along nicely. They're both smart, too! I think Jennifer would express concern in his falling grades in particular. They're also both bloggers, and Jennifer probably has reviewed a few movies on hers. Maybe they've influenced each other in some way?

Jordan and Junko- I think she'd just be "meh, whatever" at him. She wouldn't really have any opinions about him either way otherwise. They might know each other if Jordan's an Anime Club person, but other than that, she'd just shrug at any antagonism.

Jordan and Ems- I think she'd have relatively positive feelings about him. Like you said, they're both smart, cautious people. I don't see them being as close as say, him and Jennifer, but I do see Ems being fond of her.

Amanda and Junko- Pulling up what you said about them when I first asked:

Quote:

Junko and Amanda are both a little flighty and are both outgoing and confident, with their shared interests, it's fairly possible that they'd be friends. However, Junko's attitude towards work is definitely something that Amanda would be very fond of and it could lead to some disagreement between them. Apart from that, íf they are good friends, I'd think that Amanda's natural curiosity would lead her to go along with most things Junko does, even if she may vocally object at the time.

Agreed, actually. Junko's a bit of a procrastinator because of how absentminded she is, so that could probs be something that'd disagree on. Otherwise, though, they'd get along nicely! I think Junko's feelings would be positive, thinking about it a bit more.

Mabes and Jennifer- I think Jennifer would find the survivalist aspect a little weird, in all honesty. However, she would also relate to the whole "change your appearance" thing since she went through a similar phase (though for different reasons). They're both also artsy people, and Jennifer has bought things from thrift shops. While her thing's more vintage clothing and other items instead of electronics, she would still enjoy the idea of it. The idea of using light as art would also appeal to her. They also both love hiking/urban exploration, which could be a thing they could bond over. So I think she'd have mixed feelings on her.

Mabes and Ems- They'd definitely relate to each other because of the prepper element, yeah! I think Ems would be in some ways supportive of Mabes' interest in survivalism, and Ems has wilderness survival skills as a result of camping with her family. However, despite her background, Ems is skeptical when it comes to stuff like conspiracy theories and general woo. She's probably used to it in some ways, but it still bugs her a bit. In particular, she tends to get annoyed when said theories involve pseudoscience (since she is a science-y person). If the topic of, say, drone attacks came up, she'd just raise her eyebrows a bit. However, she'd try to resist the urge to jump in with facts if it turns to things like vaccines or alternative medicine (if Mabes is the type). If Ems does speak up about it, she'd try her best to be polite, though.

Cris and Jennifer- I like the idea that she interviewed him or Rod, actually! This is especially so since they're both supposed to be superb at what they do, and I think something like state championships would probably be covered by the school newspaper in some way. As for Cris specifically, they do share similar interests in that they both have somewhat of an interest in hiking and urban exploration as well as older media. I'm not sure if they'd be too close, but I do see them connecting in some ways. Though, if Cris did try to hit on her, I think she'd react with a bit of skepticism. Jennifer's not again the idea of dating, casual sex, flirtation, or anything like that, but her first thought would be whether or not he's making a pass because he expects her to put out in some way. While not to the same extent as Feli (Program V2 character), there were a few... stories about her floating around for a while. While they've largely died down as of senior year, I think Cris making a move would- at least initially- kind of make her suspicious of his motives, even if he means nothing bad about it. There's also something I've been thinking about asking about the baseball team, but I'll probably ask it in the baseballer thread since I feel that's a better place.

Rod and Jennifer- Already gave my thoughts on the interview thing, so now here is everything else! Like Cris, hiking would probably be a thing to bond over. Same goes with the reading. I honestly can't think of much right now, though, so we should probably come back to it.

Jane and Jennifer- Some time ago, one of Jane's past handlers (Somersault) did ask me about them in this thread; they put their characters up for adoption before I could respond, though. I did like the idea they proposed, though. However, I feel that it should be up to your own interpretation in the end, since she's yours now. They do, overall, share similar interests in hiking and movies. Jennifer has also written some reviews of movies she's seen, as mentioned above.

Sorry anything here's a bit weirdly phrased or confusing; I've been feeling iffy the past few days, and it might show.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Feel free to ask the baseball thing. Rod doesn't really do hiking to the level Cris does but it could maybe be a thing, and if Cris made a pass at her and she was uncomfortable with it/said no he'd probably just drop it.

Edit: If it's helpful to think of it this way, the flirting would definitely come from a place of "you're attractive and I want to sleep with you," but he wouldn't be expecting anything, and if she said no it would mean no. He'd still be interested in getting to know her as a person and such. And with their shared interest I think Jane and Jen would actually get along pretty well.
Edited by The Burned Handler, Aug 11 2016, 08:01 PM.
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

Maraoone
Member Avatar
yes thomas why
[ *  *  * ]
I think Emma and Olivia would get on somewhat well. They're both academically inclined and rather ambitious. However, I'm not sure if they'd be too close because they don't really share any other interests.
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

"Mara was a mistake." - Cicada, 2017

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply