Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
POPULISM YEAH YEAH; it’s not about aptitude, it’s the way you’re viewed
Topic Started: Feb 4 2015, 09:44 PM (1,509 Views)
NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
Southern motherfuckin' democratic republicans.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Asher's basically a very friendly, very outgoing person who puts school and work above a social life. He'd likely be someone to laugh at the antics the rest of the group get up to and hang out with at school, but I'm not sure if they'd interact a ton outside of it.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
@Sansan: Sounds good. Both of them suit those areas.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A
V6 Pregame: 1-2
Image Song: TV on the Radio- Wolf Like Me

Frederick "Rick" Brea- N/A
V6 Pregame: 1-2
Image Song: SOHN- Artifice

Version 5
(G006) Rosemary Michaels- Butterfly Knife: "H-h-heh..."- DECEASED
V5 Game:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-6 (Return)-9-10-11-12-FINAL

SansaSaver
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
FINALLY EDITED THE LIST AGAIN, WOOO
Version Seven:
Tristan O’Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson

Past Characters:

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I feel like Noah might be a fringe member. He might be liked due to his eccentric and comedic nature, but that could probably put some people off (comedy is subjective).
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh whoops, I was gonna post here ages ago and never got around to it! Don't I feel foolish.

Anyways, given that Mia Rose is a super peppy, cheerful cheerleader, I feel she'd almost certainly qualify as a popular kid.

Morgan Jones also hangs out with the popular crowd, emulating almost everything they do, but he's very dependent on what others do and how they view him, so he's not particularly close to... well, anyone, anymore.
V7 BAYBEE
Lyra Doyle-Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky
Current Thread: The Glorious Evolution - "Sorry, that was a little weird, wasn’t it?"
Katie Agustien-If you wanna start a fight, you better throw the first punch, make it a good one
Current Thread: V for Vend-etta - "Fuck off. Are you kidding me?"
FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ba-wumpa-bump. Cris Luz is a notable athlete who at the very least would travel in the same circles as the popular crowd, maybe on the borderline because he's well known and shows up at parties and such but is a bit quiet and sometimes kinda depressing to be around.
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

SansaSaver
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Edited after 5 billion months~ ^-^
Version Seven:
Tristan O’Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson

Past Characters:

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alex probably goes in the popular list. He has strong ties with Conrad, Oskar, Cristano, and Adelaide, is pretty active in both the student council and the baseball team, and generally gets around in all kinds of crowds at school. He's not an openly judgy person and likes to function as a sort of intermediary between crowds, so I'm not sure how that would affect his perception in the group.

Ulysses probably goes in the haters section because he thinks high school popularity is a bunch of wank and has probably taken shots at the popular crowd and their perceived stupidity in some of his routines. Might also belong in fringe because he's pretty popular in the geek crowd as a lead GM/organizer for a lot of stuff? I dunno how we're ranking that XD

I'm not sure where Ty fits, because he's a grump and he despises power/collectives, but he's decently known as a student athlete and he runs with Rod. Maybe somewhere in the fringe, grudgingly?

Abby probably goes in the fringe as well. She's well liked by most people and doesn't start fights, but she doesn't care enough about social status to get anywhere or do anything conniving.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The cut off date for when we start hating on you for not updating is actually 5 trillion years so you're cool. This time. But yeah, my thoughts on where my characters fall in the thing if they do at all. Actually all of them except Jin would have a place somewhere in the spectrum so... BEHOLD.

- Irene is a hater and hated. She makes it very clear that on principal she dislikes popularity as a concept and she actively goes out of her way to cultivate beef (shit's free-range) with a lot of the bitchier members of the clique. Irene isn't so clear cut an enemy of everyone in the clique since she's on good terms with some of them, but it depends on the individual. One could go so far as to call her anti-popular, as she's well traveled and friendly with most of the school's social outcasts or those rejected by the elite and makes allies of those who are enemies of those she hates on in the popular clique.

- Seo is an outstanding female member of the party. She's well liked by most in the school on a surface level, hard working, academically involved, volunteer work, all that good stuff. Within the clique she's closest to those who have bitchier attitudes with good reason, since she's one of them behind closed doors.

- Amaru's huge in the local party scene because he makes it a point to DJ as many of the parties as possible. It's a thing that may be happening that he's sponsored by the monied members of the popular clique to bolster their credentials in the party scene, and he runs with them even though he's not quite as exclusive as some members of the clique may be, he generally just gets along with everyone in the school pretty well, or at least used to.

- Asimah would probably have been one of the big popular girls back in her day and still has good ties to this current crowd through parties and because she would have been the popular upperclassman while they were still underclassmen.
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So having only really gotten round to looking over this.

Kimiko would probably be on the fringes of the group. As she's friends with a number of them but also despises Ivy and is a mute. Which probably count against her.

Trav would also be on the fringes as he knows a few of them quite well but would be caring about any social position or the like. Plus he could be perceived as a pothead slacker by how he acts sometimes.

Faith-Hope is way to different and open about her disdain to be anything other than hated and hater.

Cameron I'm not sure on. She definitely goes to parties, is in a band and is chill. But she's known for being a bit weird (painting herself for shows) and saying whatever comes into her head. So it may be a judgement call.
Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sandra would probably in the fringes: while she's friendly with most people and is friends with some of the members, the fact that she tries to be friendly with everyone would probably grate on some of the bitchier members.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply