Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Something Something Be My Friend!; Or enemy, or friendly stranger
Topic Started: Feb 1 2015, 08:09 PM (1,298 Views)
backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

19:38 Zarina ok I guess I'll cave and make a relationship thread
19:38 Zarina because the alternative right now is watching football

Min-jae Parker: Jae has a very take-charge attitude and has struggled with control and anger issues for most of his life, but he's been going to counseling for a couple years now and is improving. Art is his main outlet and he spends a lot of time painting and drawing and is probably in the art club, and he's very into goth music and subculture. His family is pretty well-off, both his parents are lawyers and he's an only child. They have a generally good relationship with each other but are not very close with their extended family. He has a part-time job at a movie theater and has lost any and all faith in humanity as a result. Jae has been questioning his sexuality increasingly often throughout high school, but is still very much in denial over the fact that he is probably gay and makes a concentrated effort to be interested in girls.

Looking for fellow gothy and artsy kids and anyone willing/able to put up with his attitude as friends, any not willing/able for enemies, dudes to have crushes on, etc.

Relationships

Nathan Lovegrove: Member of the Ballet Death Squad. Quite laidback and tends to act like a mother-hen type for his friends. He's been dancing for about ten years and aspires to become a professional instructor. He has dyslexia and is self-conscious about his performance in school, which makes him shy away from reading as a recreational pastime. He does enjoy comic strips and webcomics that rely more on showing than telling. He has a younger sister who he is pretty close to, but things with his family have been strained recently because his maternal grandmother has moved in with them due to her failing health. Having to care for her has been stressful and puts extra strain on their finances, and has caused tension between Nathan's parents.

Looking for other dancers and athletic kids as friends mainly, possible tutors for schoolwork, etc.

Relationships

Cristobal Morales: Cristo has a sweet disposition but is very shy and clams up around strangers and large groups of people. He prefers just to hang back and people-watch, which some people find off-putting and kind of creepy. He's a member of the baseball team and other players make up most of his friend group, but he has a few other close friends. He likes emo and light punk music and is learning to play the piano. He lives with his mom and grandparents, and his mom's boyfriend is frequently around as well, though he doesn't live with the family. His mother has a restraining order against his father, and Cristo has had no contact with him since he was about two years old.

Looking for other baseball players, people with similar taste in music, and non-intimidating people for friends, intimidating people to hide from, etc.

Relationships

Raina Rose: Raina is one of those people who is well-meaning at heart but generally thinks she's smarter and more mature than she really is. Much closer to her siblings than she is to her parents, who are fairly distant and busy with work most of the time. Is currently in the "I've got the world all figured out and everyone else who doesn't is dumb" phase of adolescence. She can come off as a know-it-all or judgmental, but if you like the same anime and sci-fi shows as her she'll be your bestest friend. Raina is in the anime club at Cochise and probably robotics and mathletes as well.

Looking for friends and fellow club members, as well as people who she has irritated in the past by just assuming that she's smarter and always in the right during arguments.
Edited by backslash, Nov 7 2015, 11:40 AM.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Danny Brooks would know Nathan, probably for a long time, as he is also part of the ballet death squad. Plus he's similarly laidback (though much more flippant and opposite-of-mother-hen.) So maybe buddies?

Sasha might get along with Lily well. As well as a mutual interest in cars, Lily has overprotective parents who tend to be strict on her which is causing strain with her family, too, so maybe they can bond over that.
V6 Characters

V5 Characters

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Violent-Medic
Feb 1 2015, 08:35 PM
Danny Brooks would know Nathan, probably for a long time, as he is also part of the ballet death squad. Plus he's similarly laidback (though much more flippant and opposite-of-mother-hen.) So maybe buddies?

Sasha might get along with Lily well. As well as a mutual interest in cars, Lily has overprotective parents who tend to be strict on her which is causing strain with her family, too, so maybe they can bond over that.
Doc and I talked about Nathan and Jacob being buds, so Nathan would probably be buds with Danny too!

Sasha would probably be down for car talk and complaining about parents with Lily too.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Min-jae looks like someone who could get along with Nadia, due to them both being artsy goths.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jae and Bridgette are both artsy, and he could be one of her art friends. As for Narhan, the Team Parents have to stick together, right?

Jasper and Cristo may be familiar with each other, if only because Jasper talks to him a lot.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Laurels
Feb 1 2015, 09:36 PM
Min-jae looks like someone who could get along with Nadia, due to them both being artsy goths.
Yep, I can see them getting along!

Quote:

Jae and Bridgette are both artsy, and he could be one of her art friends. As for Narhan, the Team Parents have to stick together, right?

Jasper and Cristo may be familiar with each other, if only because Jasper talks to him a lot.

Bridgette would probably get along fine with both the guys, and Jasper and Cristo could probably be pals if Jasper doesn't mind talking to someone who doesn't talk back all that much.
Characters

Others

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Vanessa would get along well with Cristobal and dislike Sasha. She's into baseball (well softball) and I envision her as enjoying punk music, but dislikes gamers.
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared

Dr. Adjective
Member Avatar
We've given everything we can,
[ * ]
Oswald I imagine;
Gets on well with Min-jae. Similar tastes and styles, If he's into feminine guys he might be into Os, but I dunno, it wouldn't be mutual at any rate.

Doesn't really like or dislike Nathan. No real positive or negative chemistry.

Oswald Disapproves (-10) of Sasha's stoner ways, he's very straight edge and very judgemental.

Probably on decent enough terms with Cristobal, they have some common ground and he seems inoffensive to Os's sensibilities, and I he has an affinity for outsiders for obvious reasons.
V7 Ideas

Posted Image
No no no, you're shakin' it all wrong!

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Espi
Feb 2 2015, 03:26 PM
Vanessa would get along well with Cristobal and dislike Sasha. She's into baseball (well softball) and I envision her as enjoying punk music, but dislikes gamers.
Yep, I can see that working! Sasha needs more enemies and Vanessa seems like the type to get on her nerves.

Quote:

Oswald I imagine;
Gets on well with Min-jae. Similar tastes and styles, If he's into feminine guys he might be into Os, but I dunno, it wouldn't be mutual at any rate.

Doesn't really like or dislike Nathan. No real positive or negative chemistry.

Oswald Disapproves (-10) of Sasha's stoner ways, he's very straight edge and very judgemental.

Probably on decent enough terms with Cristobal, they have some common ground and he seems inoffensive to Os's sensibilities, and I he has an affinity for outsiders for obvious reasons.

All of these work for me. If Jae was to have a crush on Os though, it would be a deep dark secret. dramatic music sting
Characters

Others

Teive
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
BartholomewNathanialRichard
Min-Jae ParkerWould want to be friends with Min. Especially to get art done [weird penchant for 'temporary tattoos' painted by artistic folk]. May be a bad influence, as he'd encourage Min to 'embrace his emotions', including angerRemind me to PM you about this, there's an idea I want to discussRichard probably looks down on Min. Art is feminine, goth is weird. If Min's had anger problems, Richard and him may have fought in the past?
Nathan LovegroveBartholomew is a dancer, and potentially will join up with this Ballet Death Squad. If not, may just like to talk [God damn it I didn't remember seeing a Nathan before]
Cheer and Dance are fairly similar, but Nathanial would probably mock Nathan if he ever found out about the latte'rs struggles with school
Richard would definitely try to talk down to Nathan for his ballet. Comments about masculinity, but the 'Team-Dad' role may have some impact. There may be something to play with there.
Sasha FuryAcquaintance probably, but video games and weed tend to slow him down too much. Unfriendly acquaintance, but nothing pops up as particularly grating between the twoRichard may try to hit on/hook up with Sasha. Probably teases her interests in cars/motorcycles.
Cristobal MoralesIf Bartholomew sees Cristobal watching, he'll probably take it as a challenge to entertain the audience and go even bigger than he normally would. May consider Cristobal his biggest critic [depending on how Cristobal reacts to him]Respect because of the baseball team. Nathanial probably likes Cristobal because he stays quiet and doesn't provide new/challenging situations too often. Probably respects Cristobal as an athlete, and would try to bring him into his 'circle'.

Those are just my initial thoughts on my reactions to you, I didn't want to say what your characters would think of mine, but I"d love to hear :D
V6 Potential

SansaSaver
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hazel about Min-Jae: “ baeeeeeee”
As for my other bbys, Joshua & Oskar would defs get along with him – or, at least, tolerate him. He and Oskar could flip their emo fringes together and since Oskar wants to friends with everybody and loooooves music, he’d defs try and ask him about gosh music and be his frahnnnnnddddd. And ‘cause Josh is just involved in so many high-profile clubs (and some low-profile) around the school, he’d defs know at Min-Jae, at least; maybe he could’ve interviewed him for the school yearbook sometime? c:

For Nathan, Joshua could totally tutor him! And since he’s all ~volunteerrrrr~ he’d definitely do it for free – even help Nathan out even more if he knew about his financial situation. Hazel’s vaguely tied to the ballet death troupe as she’s Jacob’s ex, so there’s something there~ And Oskar’s friendly and peppy and would probably flock to anyone who’s motherly, like Nathan is!

I can’t immediately see anything with Sasha; Hazel would be apathetic, and Joshua and Oskar mild acquaintances/classmates at best – though Oskar would always make an effort, wooo!

With Cristobal, Hazel would probably find the people-watching a bit creepy, because she likely wouldn’t be well-enough acquainted with him to know that he’s a tad shy~ Oskar would probably try and make an effort to bring him out of his shell; since he’s a tad timid himself with lingering childhood shyness (and smothers it by being ENDLESSLY BUBBLY) he’d probably see Cristobal as a vague sorta kindred spirit – if that makes any sense XP Joshua’s a pianist too, and they could totally rock out and practice together! <3
Version Seven:
Tristan O’Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson

Past Characters:

Fenris
Member Avatar
the consummate paragon
[ *  *  * ]
Spiel time is a go:

You have female characters. I have Dante Valiero. Bio here, he's at least known to every girl in the school, since he's flirted with all of them at least once over the years. How they respond to that is totally up to you, but yes, at least once a tall handsome Italian boy has swanned up to them, handed them a rose and called them beautiful. It's what he does.

Besides that, Jae and Moira would get on; her adopted personality is a counter-culture type with a bad attitude. She'd secretly be a little intimidated by him and honestly she might have a bit of a crush on him. Cristobal would probably be terrified of both Moira and Ivy, but might be friends with Dante (he's suitably non-intimidating, since he doesn't have a mean bone in his body).

Can I just mention how much I love the name Cristobal? Because I do.

EDIT: Once again I completely fail to notice that you posted in my thread before ;w; All of this still pretty much stands, though! I don't think Ivy would really care one way or the other about Jae, but I'd expect him to strongly dislike her. And Dante & Nathan as friends sounds good to me too. ^^
Edited by Fenris, Feb 4 2015, 12:43 AM.
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Teive, I'mma PM you because I feel like there's a lot to discuss here and it might clutter up the thread. Also I think that's the first time I've seen the table code actually used on zetaboards. Props.

Quote:

Hazel about Min-Jae: “ baeeeeeee”
As for my other bbys, Joshua & Oskar would defs get along with him – or, at least, tolerate him. He and Oskar could flip their emo fringes together and since Oskar wants to friends with everybody and loooooves music, he’d defs try and ask him about gosh music and be his frahnnnnnddddd. And ‘cause Josh is just involved in so many high-profile clubs (and some low-profile) around the school, he’d defs know at Min-Jae, at least; maybe he could’ve interviewed him for the school yearbook sometime? c:

For Nathan, Joshua could totally tutor him! And since he’s all ~volunteerrrrr~ he’d definitely do it for free – even help Nathan out even more if he knew about his financial situation. Hazel’s vaguely tied to the ballet death troupe as she’s Jacob’s ex, so there’s something there~ And Oskar’s friendly and peppy and would probably flock to anyone who’s motherly, like Nathan is!

I can’t immediately see anything with Sasha; Hazel would be apathetic, and Joshua and Oskar mild acquaintances/classmates at best – though Oskar would always make an effort, wooo!

With Cristobal, Hazel would probably find the people-watching a bit creepy, because she likely wouldn’t be well-enough acquainted with him to know that he’s a tad shy~ Oskar would probably try and make an effort to bring him out of his shell; since he’s a tad timid himself with lingering childhood shyness (and smothers it by being ENDLESSLY BUBBLY) he’d probably see Cristobal as a vague sorta kindred spirit – if that makes any sense XP Joshua’s a pianist too, and they could totally rock out and practice together! <3

Totes hooking Jae and Hazel up. Even though it's doomed. Especially because it's doomed. I think he'd find Oskar overwhelming after a while and prefer his company in small doses, but he'd definitely be down to give him a lecture on the entire history of goth rock. He and Josh would probably know each other through the art club as well, but I don't know if they'd really be more than acquaintances.

Nathan would really appreciate having Josh as a tutor! He'd definitely be aware of Hazel as Jacob's ex and try to encourage them to be at least civil to each other, and he could like pat Oskar on the head and tell him to stay out of trouble because Oskar seems like the kind to bumble into trouble.

Cristo would appreciate Oskar's effort, and if Oskar ever opened up to him about his past shyness they could definitely bond over it. He and Josh can definitely be piano buddies and he might ask Josh to give him some pointers too, if he's experienced.

Quote:

You have female characters. I have Dante Valiero. Bio here, he's at least known to every girl in the school, since he's flirted with all of them at least once over the years. How they respond to that is totally up to you, but yes, at least once a tall handsome Italian boy has swanned up to them, handed them a rose and called them beautiful. It's what he does.

Besides that, Jae and Moira would get on; her adopted personality is a counter-culture type with a bad attitude. She'd secretly be a little intimidated by him and honestly she might have a bit of a crush on him. Cristobal would probably be terrified of both Moira and Ivy, but might be friends with Dante (he's suitably non-intimidating, since he doesn't have a mean bone in his body).

Can I just mention how much I love the name Cristobal? Because I do.

EDIT: Once again I completely fail to notice that you posted in my thread before ;w; All of this still pretty much stands, though! I don't think Ivy would really care one way or the other about Jae, but I'd expect him to strongly dislike her. And Dante & Nathan as friends sounds good to me too. ^^

Sasha would be mildly interested in Dante at best, most likely, but she wouldn't be outright hostile to him since he's harmless enough. Jae and Moira as friends definitely works and he can stare hatefully at Ivy while she is indifferent to his presence.
Characters

Others

Fenris
Member Avatar
the consummate paragon
[ *  *  * ]
New character incoming: Gwen would probably have a thing for both Jae and Cristobal; Jae would probably be annoyed by her and Cristobal would probably be freaked out by the attention, I imagine. She might get on okay with Sasha, though.

"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As an artsy goth, Asha would get along very well with Jae, and she'd be bros with Nathan via ballet. I think she would also make an effort to try and talk to Cristo, but I'm not sure if she'd successfully do so. Probably have an equally likely chance of scaring the poor boy away. :V

Rose is a fan of the vidya, and could be bros with Sasha, though she wouldn't want anything to do with drugs.

Leon would likely intimidate the shit out of Cristo.
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply