Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friends? Friends.; And other things.
Topic Started: Jan 22 2015, 09:57 PM (1,468 Views)
Fenris
Member Avatar
head shot (drank)
[ *  *  *  * ]
I figure it's about time that I join the relationship thread train! I've already talked to a fair few of you about relationships and potential relationships, but I'll keep track of everything and look for more relationships here. :)

None of these profiles are final, so there may be changes. You can see what they look like in my signature!

Dante Luciano Valiero
Activities: Fencing, maybe something else (track, maybe?)
Personality: Flirtatious, charming, laid-back, friendly, cheerful, forgetful, oblivious, fun-loving, religious

Dante would have a prior relationship with basically every girl in the school, even if that relationship is just that he hit on her once and she told him off and he never talked to her again. How exactly they relate to him is up to y'all. Additionally I'm looking for friends for him, male and female- anyone that's cheerful, fun-loving, laid-back, fond of animals and/or a partier probably knows Dante.

Relationships so far (not listing every girl he's ever flirted with because that would be EVERY girl):

• Abby Floyd (Dark Lord Bunbury's character): Very good (best?) friends & mutual flirtations
  • Cassandra "Cassie" Venus (Will's character): Good friends & mutual flirtations
  • Fiyori Senay (Bikriki's character): Friends & mutual flirtations
  • Alba Reyes (Laurels's character): Friends & mutual flirtations
  • Tabitha "Tabby" Valenzuela (Pancapples's character): Friends & mutual flirtations
  • Mia Rose (Pippin's character): Friends & mutual flirtations
  • Rochelle Ayers (Sunny Delighted's character): Friends & mutual flirtations
  • Cameron Herrig (Deamon 's character): Friends & mutual flirtations
  • Vanessa Hartman (Espi's character): Friends & mutual flirtations
  • Daniel "Danny" Brooks (Violent-Medic's character): Good friends
  • Jasper Bustamante (leAloha's character): Good friends
  • Joshua E. Bracewell (SansaSaver's character): Good friends
  • Emma Aguilar Luz (KamiKaze's character): Acquaintance/casual friend
  • Noah Whitley (Laurels's character): Acquaintance/casual friend, possible one-sided crush from Noah
  • Morgan Jones (Pippin's character): Acquaintance/casual friend
  • Bradley Grant (General Goose's character): Acquaintance/casual friend
  • Nathan Lovegrove (backslash's character): Acquaintance/casual friend
  • Isaac Brea (Espi's character): Acquaintance/casual friend
  • Sandra Dyer (CondorTalon's character): Acquaintance/casual friend
  • Oskar D. Pearce (SansaSaver's character): Acquaintance/casual friend
  • Alvaro Vacanti (Yugikun's character): Acquaintance/casual friend
  • Bartholomew B-Money Sanderson (Teive's character): Acquaintance/casual friend
  • Nathanial Jones (Teive's character): Acquaintance
  • Richard Samuels (Teive's character): Acquaintance
  • Kimiko Kao (Deamon's character): Former flirtation/friendly acquaintance
  • Eleanor "Elle" Duval (Will's character): Former flirtation
  • Rhiannon Santiago (Sunny Delighted's character): Former flirtation
  • Junko Kurosawa (KamiKaze's character): Former flirtation
  • Hazel L. Jung (SansaSaver's character): Former flirtation
  • Mitzi Schuhmacher (Un-Persona's character): Former flirtation
  • Bridgette Sommerfeld (leAloha's character): Former flirtation
  • Emily Hawkins (Seth Crimson's character): Former flirtation
  • Adelaide Walker (MrMissMrs Random's character): Former flirtation (which she regrets)
  • Jennifer Su (CondorTalon's character): His tutor
  • Bryony E. Adams (Pippin's character): Mixed feelings
  • Kaylee Lytton (The Burned Handler's character): Mixed feelings
  • Al (RemoteControl's character): One-sided dislike/envy
  • Astrid Tate (Pippin's character): One-sided dislike
  • Hazel "Jojo" Jo (Un-Persona's character): One-sided dislike
  • Faith-Hope Micheals (Deamon's character): One-sided dislike
  • Kiziah Saraki (General Goose's character): One-sided dislike
  • Ashlynn Martinek (General Goose's character): One-sided hate

Moira Bellamy
Activities: Theater (behind-the-scenes)
Personality:

• Invented personality: Acerbic, political, harsh, defensive, strong
  • Real personality: Soft-spoken, anxious, hard worker, delicate, wallflower, intelligent

I'm looking for some friends for Moira- primarily other counter-culture kids who look down on others. She would also likely have people who she clashes with (and who she probably secretly wants to apologize to).

Relationships so far:

• Darius (RemoteControl's character): Friends
  • Nadia Riva (Laurels's character) Friends
  • Ashlynn Martinek (General Goose's character): Friends
  • Bartholomew B-Money Sanderson (Teive's character): Friends
  • Min-jae Parker (backslash's character): Friends/possible one-sided crush from her
  • Oswald Howell (Dr. Adjective's character): Friends/one-sided crush from him
  • Kaylee Lytton (The Burned Handler's character): Friendly, gets under Moira's guard a bit
  • Junko Kurosawa (KamiKaze's character): Friendly
  • Alice Baker (Espi's character): Old friends (from pre-personality shift times)
  • Nathanial Jones (Teive's character): Dislikes/taunts her

Ivy Langley
Activities: Orchestra (Violin), cheerleader
Personality: Confident, witty, bossy, cutting, (secretly) caring, snobby, gossip hen, brutally honest

Ivy would have a good amount of "friends"- basically people who tolerate her and generally go along with her to keep her from coming after them but whom don't really care for or about her at all. Anyone who's fond of gossip would at least superficially get along with her. I'd love to find two or three really close friends, probably at least one of whom is a childhood friend, who actually care about her and who see her softer side. She'd definitely have plenty of enemies. And finally, ex-boyfriends or maybe a current boyfriend, preferably of the athletic, trophy husband variety, would be great.

In addition, anyone in the school orchestra wouldn't necessarily be her friend, but she would be far nicer to them than she is to others.

Relationships so far:

• Ron Bailey (LordB's character): Current boyfriend
  • Rhiannon Santiago (Sunny Delighted's character): Close friends/precious toadying junior
  • Nathanial Jones (Teive's character): Good friends
  • Oskar Pearce (SansaSaver's character): Good friends/"little brother"
  • Joshua E. Bracewell (SansaSaver's character): Friends/"pet"
  • Bridgette Sommerfeld (leAloha's character): Friends
  • Emma Aguilar Luz (KamiKaze's character): Friends
  • Aaron Meyer (Legacy70's character): Friends
  • Bartholomew B-Money Sanderson (Teive's character): Friendly acquaintances
  • Adelaide Walker (MrMissMrs Random's character): Frenemies
  • Helen Cruz (Espi's character): Frenemies
  • Alex Darby (Dark Lord Bunbury's character): Frenemies
  • Daniel "Danny" Brooks (Violent-Medic's character): Ex-boyfriend
  • Jeremy Frasier (Yugikun's character): Band acquaintances
  • Gary Kwan (Pancapples's character): One-sided crush from her, dislike from him
  • Richard Samuels (Teive's character): One-sided crush from him, playful disdain from her
  • Kimiko Kao (Deamon's character): Dislike from her
  • Min-jae Parker (backslash's character): Dislike from him
  • Bryony E. Adams (Pippin's character): One of Ivy's targets
  • Kaylee Lytton (The Burned Handler's character): Enemies/one of Ivy's targets
  • Astrid Tate (Pippin's character): Enemies
  • Hazel L. Jung (SansaSaver's character): Enemies
  • Clarice Halwood (Violent-Medic's character): Enemies/mutual disdain
  • Oswald Howell (Dr. Adjective's character): Enemies/mutual disdain
  • Faith-Hope Micheals (Deamon's character): Enemies/mutual disdain
  • Junko Kurosawa (KamiKaze's character): Enemies/mutual disdain
  • Roderick Kanuho (The Burned Handler's character): Ex-boyfriend/ended badly, now he dislikes her intensely

Gwendolyn "Gwen" Carlisle
Activities: Theater (on stage)
Personality: Cheerful, gregarious, dramatic, paranoid, overbearing, fickle, impulsive, harsh, judgmental

Gwen's a sophomore- she won't be part of V6 proper, only part of pregame and any Meanwhile threads she ends up in. Anyone who isn't part of the party scene or a theater kid probably wouldn't know her at all. But seeing as she collects older boyfriends and girlfriends like trophies and strongly prefers friendship with juniors and seniors to that with kids her own age, she'd certainly know a fair few of y'all. Any party kids, theater kids, gamers or paranormal lovers, or anyone who Gwen might be drawn to based on aesthetics (goth kids mostly) would probably have some sort of relationship with her, whether they're friends or they dislike her. Gwen would also have some ex-boyfriends (and maybe an ex-girlfriend or two), plus maybe a current boy- or girlfriend.

Relationships so far:

• Kaylee Lytton (The Burned Handler's character): Friends through theater
  • Oswald Howell (Dr. Adjective's character): Friends/one-sided crush from her
  • Rochelle Ayers (Sunny Delighted's character): Casual friends
  • Junko Kurosawa (KamiKaze's character): Frenemies
  • Jeremy Frasier (Yugikun's character): Ex-boyfriend
  • Roderick Kanuho (The Burned Handler's character): Party hookup
  • Rhiannon Santiago (Sunny Delighted's character): Enemies
Edited by Fenris, Mar 8 2015, 11:44 PM.
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Before being sidelined by injury late in the most recent season, Hashké (my unnamed Navajo wrestler guy, who I'm calling that mostly for bookkeeping purposes at the moment) was a star Cochise athlete who is probably pretty well known in the area. Seems probable Ivy would've gone after him as a trophy boyfriend kind of thing? Likely to have ended quite explosively once he became aware how nasty, racist, classist etc. she is - especially since his reaction to people being racist towards him/Natives in general is to become absolutely furious.
Edited by The Burned Handler, Jan 23 2015, 06:49 PM.
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

Fenris
Member Avatar
head shot (drank)
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sounds good to me- I imagine them having the kind of public brutal breakup that the whole school ends up knowing about.
v7 kids

the future

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Probably! He wouldn't've physically harmed her but he would've probably given her both barrels verbally and socially.

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

Quote:

Things SOTFers say

Dr. Adjective
Member Avatar
We've given everything we can,
[ * ]
I feel like the best way I can sum up the way I see Oswald interacting with your characters is, well

Dante: "Get a load of this tool. Ugh."
Moira: "Oh damn. She's cute. And cool. And really cute."
Ivy: "I mean sure she's hot, but damn, what a bitch."

Which is to say, general avoidance of Dante, plenty of hostility for Ivy - maximum snarky counter-culture vs maximum bitchy in-crowd, just sit back and enjoy the fireworks - and... hard to say for Moira. I feel like they could be friends, but that depends on her, since Os is pretty much what she pretends to be but for real, but that's probably pretty repellant to her? Either way he'd think she's cool and probably harbour /at least/ a bit of a crush.
V7 Ideas

Posted Image
No no no, you're shakin' it all wrong!

Fenris
Member Avatar
head shot (drank)
[ *  *  *  * ]
That all sounds about right to me! Moira would definitely be friends with Oswald. Her true self wouldn't find her repellent so much as a bit... strange? Like she'd be thinking "wow, are people really like this?" But at the very least she'd befriend him to keep up appearances.
v7 kids

the future

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ryder thinks badly of Dante because he's such a romantic (/creeper in Ryder's mind), doesn't like him.

Vanessa and him get along pretty well. Maybe Dante flirted with her and they joked about it because she doesn't swing that way?
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared

backslash
Member Avatar
Who is this sassy lost child
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jae and Moira might get on well, and he and Ivy would strongly dislike each other.

Nathan would like Dante and show an interest in his fencing.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Teive
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Teive and Fenris Potential Relationship
DanteMoiraIvy
B$B$ is probably friendly, but probably makes weird references to the Divine Comedy more than appropriateThey both dress like freaks and are into weird things and acting. I hope they get along great. I'm curious how B$ would react to the 'real' moiraIvy probably loves to mock B$, but I can see her fashion forward style impressing him a little bit.
NathanielLooks down on Dante for being a floater and not really committing to anything, but elevates him a little for being involved in fencingRelentless torment for being a 'freak' and an 'outsider'Is Ivy on the cheer team? Because if so I can see these two getting along really well.
RichardFriendly on the surface, but I see Richard being really frustrated with Dante's easy way with women. And maybe mocking him for not going further. Maybe has asked for christmas Richard probably sees her as a 'damaged' girl. Desire. Richard sees her as an ultimate in status, though is probably confused by her new 'gothic' outfit choice.

What do you think? Anything that comes across as really out there/impossible/I misread your character
V6 Potential

Fenris
Member Avatar
head shot (drank)
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gosh, I haven't updated this in a while, have I. ^^;

Espi/backslash: I just commented on your threads! By which I mean, I commented on your threads before I realized that you'd commented here first. >_>

Teive: A chart! I love it. Lemme go one at a time:

• B$/Dante: Dante's always up for being friends with anyone, really. He wouldn't get the joke, though. Reading isn't exactly his forte.
  • B$/Moira: Moira's real personality would probably be kinda impressed by his confidence in his weirdness, and her false personality would definitely be friends with him.
  • B$/Ivy: I think Ivy would probably leave B$ well enough alone; she doesn't generally pick on guys unless they're complete losers and honestly she might well find him kind of entertaining.
  • Nathaniel/Dante: Dante would be completely oblivious to any level of disdain from Nathaniel and would probably be casually friendly toward him.
  • Nathaniel/Moira: She'd lash out at him when he mocks her, but her real self would be really genuinely hurt by him.
  • Nathaniel/Ivy: Yep, she's a cheerleader! She's also a band geek, though, and very protective of her squad- I imagine she'd give him the evil eye when he starts talking shit about the band around her, and then he just starts talking shit again the moment she's out of earshot. ^^; But in general she's very much the high-status type Nathaniel would befriend, and she'd definitely like him for much the same reasons.
  • Richard/Dante: Much the same as with Nathaniel, he'd be totally oblivious to any problems Richard had with him. If he made fun of Dante for not going further with the girls he flirted with, his reaction would probably be a completely innocent "but why would I want to do that?" ^^ So, probably friendly acquaintances again.
  • Richard/Moira: She'd probably just ignore him, really.
  • Richard/Ivy: I bet Ivy would smell the desperation to be popular on him from a mile off. I bet she'd casually flirt with him just to watch his reaction.

v7 kids

the future

Fenris
Member Avatar
head shot (drank)
[ *  *  *  * ]
Updated with a fourth profile! Gwen is a sophomore- I won't be using her in V6 proper- but she's likely to know plenty of juniors and seniors, so have at it. :3
v7 kids

the future

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Re: your fourth character: Kaylee'd know Gwen from them both being theatre. Both of my guys are seniors, it's possible they'd know her but there'd've been nothing romantic or anything - she's a sophomore, there's enough of an age gap there they would've found the idea creepy. Maybe she's brought up the possibility to one or the other and been shot down? Not that they'd necessarily dislike her but the idea would definitely get a sort of "Yeeeeeeah, no thanks" reaction (unless I suppose it was a party hookup and they didn't know her age, but I'd have to think on how likely that is and it definitely wouldn't've moved on to a proper relationship). It's possible one or both of them, or all three if we include Kaylee, knew Maribel though. Though they would've been sophomores when she was a senior I think, so.
Edited by The Burned Handler, Feb 6 2015, 02:02 PM.

Quote:

Quote:

Things SOTFers say

Fenris
Member Avatar
head shot (drank)
[ *  *  *  * ]
It's very possible that I screwed the math up on my part, but Maribel is meant to be four years older than Gwen- a sophomore in college currently, and when she was a senior at Cochise the current crop of kids would be freshmen and sophomores. So it's possible they knew each other if your kids traveled in older circles when they were younger, but for the most part Maribel stuck with kids her own age.

Anyway! Gwen would definitely know Kaylee (whether or not they're actually friends or just friendly is up to you). She might know your other guys if they party or if they're part of some other circle she runs with (any sort of paranormal club that might exists, drama, maybe a gaming club)- she probably will have flirted with them and then pouted a whole lot and promptly forgotten about them when shut down. Party hookups are always a possibility with her; I'll leave that up to you.
v7 kids

the future

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It was a typo on my part and I changed it after thinking through. Sophomore year was one of the ones where Roderick started getting really notable so maybe Maribel would've known at least of him, but the rest sounds fair enough.

All three are pretty socially active, and likely to have been run into during some function or another. Please note I might not actually use Brian! However if I decide to save him for v7, so as not to screw over everyone who has arranged a relationship with him I'll take some details from the larger framework for him (heh, larger, geddit) and form a new concept similar enough in some respects for relationships to still apply. Roderick (new name for Hash) could possibly have hooked up with her at a party but declined to pursue things more seriously - his status as a successful athlete and possibly something of a local hero would probably make him pretty popular after all, and he's not bad looking so I'd imagine some attention from girls wouldn't be too hard to get. Likely he'd sorta regret it upon learning of the age difference though. Kaylee's likely to get along with her like a house on fire though. Something to note with her: she's not bi but she does have a few friendships set up with bi friends, and is overall a pretty tolerant person, depending on how open Gwen is about it and whatnot we can talk about how that affects the dynamic. She would, however not like Gwen's attitude towards stagehands or her willingness to climb over people; on the other hand, Kaylee's pretty confrontation-averse, so we'd have to think on if it'd end up a problem.
Edited by The Burned Handler, Feb 6 2015, 02:37 PM.

Quote:

Quote:

Things SOTFers say

Fenris
Member Avatar
head shot (drank)
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sounds like a plan to me! If Gwen and Kaylee got along from the beginning and Kaylee doesn't confront her about the issues Gwen has with others, the two of them should get along just fine- Gwen's quick to turn on people who have trouble with her but she has a relatively easy time maintaining friendships with people who don't try fighting with her.

As for Roderick, it seems to me like the kind of situation where Roderick would quickly forget about the hookup and Gwen would remember it forever and make eyes at him in the hallway (she wouldn't bother pursuing a relationship once she's been shut down once, but she'd still consider the whole thing a "victory").
v7 kids

the future

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply