Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friends and stuff
Topic Started: Jan 20 2015, 07:45 PM (2,150 Views)
Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Fenris - For Dante I'm thinking Kimiko knows of him and thinks he's friendly but nothing really beyond that. Faith-Hope thinks he's annoying and Cameron probably gets on well with him and returns his flirtations with her own but they both know they're friends and nothing more.

For Ivy, Kimiko and Faith-Hope won't like her, Faith-Hope being much more vehement in her hate. While Trav won't care what she thinks about him and Cameron most likely wouldn't really notice.

Pan - I think Kimiko and Gary would get on fine but they probably wouldn't be super close friends, since even Kimiko likes some proper social interaction. XD

Medic - I'm cool with Clarice and Kimiko being close friends since middle school, the fact they both dislike bullies also helps yeah. Maybe Trav knows her too? Since his MMA stuff is pretty well-known around the school and I think Trav might be friends with her ex so there's that.

Danny and Trav sound good yeah.

Acquaintances is probably better for Lily and Cameron.

Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
V6
V5
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Might be? I thought we ironed it out. :P
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm good with all the aformentioned stuff, and with Trav I think Clarice would probably know him and be alright with him, but that they're likely to more be friends in that 'friend of a friend' way rather than seeking out opportunities to hang. So friendly but not all that close?
V6 Characters

V5 Characters

Legacy70
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
My character Calvin might be an acquaintance or friend of Travis's. Calvin has trained in martial arts for a couple of years, and has probably asked to spar against Travis once or twice. They might not be friends, but they'd probably at least be aware of each other. Thoughts?

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bump with further ideas!

Kimiko:

Roderick Kanuho (formerly Hashké) has mutual friends with Kimiko, since Clarice is an ex and one of his closer friends. I think they'd get on well since Kimiko seems like someone who would've been familiar with him long enough not to get scared off by his intense demeanour. I could see him knowing just enough sign language to communicate with her, or at least understand what she's signing. He did date Ivy for a while, dunno if that would matter to Kimiko, but he also dumped her pretty viciously, so there'd be that.

I don't know if she would know Curtis much but there's a chance they're familiar. Any interaction between them might go reasonably well because she's really friendly and he's in general a pleasant person to be around if you haven't pushed his buttons. There's a chance he wouldn't get that she's mute until told, though.

Newish concept Crisanto Luz might know her, especially if she follows sports other than basketball. If Kimiko can put up with Cris being a downer sometimes (he doesn't go whining and complaining unprompted but he definitely gives off a pretty down vibe, and when he gets all philosophical it's not a happy discussion; however, when he actually cares about something he's driven and highly competent, which Kimiko might have seen) and that it might take him a bit to adjust to the muteness stuff, I could see it going reasonably well. Chance he might have hit on her before because she seems pretty nice looking, up to you if anything came of that for good or ill. If she shut him down he'd respect that. I figure he's probably pretty popular because as baseball players go, the shortstop and the starting pitchers tend to get the most spotlight.

Kaylee has problems with bullies, so I could see Kimiko having stood up for her in the past due to the anti-bullying thing. Kaylee'd be grateful and really nice to her when they interact. I don't remember if I've told you anything about her so if you need I can fill you in.

Travis:

We've talked about the fact Travis and Roderick would be buddies and training partners at the Kingman Combat Club. Likely even post-injury Rod supports Travis' MMA stuff and helps where he can. I think it's not impossible Rod has had an MMA fight or two himself, maybe Travis suggested it to him.

If Travis has any vices, Curtis can hook him up. I could see them being acquaintances on good terms in general.

Cris and Travis have enough in common I think they'd be friends, especially since they both have that vibe of preferring to relax and try to have a good time rather than worrying about things, plus they're actually really serious and competent when it comes to their chosen passions and areas of expertise. We could play some contrast there with the fact Cris isn't so much laid back as burnt out from being unable to stop worrying about everything, which has resulted in a general feeling of apathy. Or if not apathy, a desire to just chill and go with the flow because it's not like he feels like he can affect anything. They might work out together too, because Cris hits the gym a lot to strengthen his body and keep in shape - he especially focusses on his upper body, to strengthen his arm for the huge strain pitching puts on it. There's a reason pitchers get elbow surgery so often!

I think Kaylee would like Travis. His laid back, no worries approach would feel good to be around considering how much she stresses about stuff. She's not super into MMA herself but I think she'd support his fighting, going to his fights, cheering for him, congratulating him on his wins and comforting him for his losses, that kind of thing. They could easily be friends, and if Trav had any interest in anything more I could see her being up for it, we could figure out how serious anything might be because I could see anything from a steady thing to more of a FWB arrangement.

I'm drawing a blank on Faith-Hope, I'll get back to you on her. Rod might like her blunt mannerisms though, and it's possible Faith-Hope could judge him for having dated Ivy or appreciate the very public way he dumped her. Just the first thought off the top of my head.

Cameron:

Rod is an ex of Charity's but they're on good terms and still friends; it was more that they both knew it was a casual thing and moved on from it without any worries, especially since I figure Rod's obsessive attitude towards his training has probably got in the way of a lot of his relationships. I could see Cameron knowing Rod through that, and they probably go decently together. If nothing else I don't see Rod disliking her unless in one of her no filter moments she insulted him.

Like with Travis, if Cameron does anything Curtis would be willing to supply. I think he'd find her music and body paint interesting. They could get on well but maybe Curtis would be a little wary of that complete lack of a filter; he might be careful what he lets her know in case she goes and blabs to someone she shouldn't.

Cris would like her chill, amiable approach and enjoy hanging out with her, and wouldn't mind the lack of a filter because sometimes he's like that too, mostly when he's high. Not to mention that while he does listen, he lets insults, rude things, etc. slide off his back like water off a duck because he's generally apathetic towards that kind of thing. Like with Kimiko, might've tried his luck but he wouldn't be too bothered by being turned down.

Kaylee, like Rod, has Charity as a mutual friend and thus could know Cameron. Things are a little awkward between Kaylee and Charity currently though, because long story short (and Flare can let me know if I've got any details wrong) pre-Cameron Charity was interested in Kaylee and had to be gently shut down after making a move. Kaylee feels really guilty because she feels like she led Charity on, even though she still likes her as a friend. I could see her being friendly with Cameron in general but let me know how that awkwardness could affect the dynamic.
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Right let's do this.

Medic - Trav and Clarice knowing each other through friends works but yeah they wouldn't really hang out.

Legacy - I think Trav would know of Calvin and while he'd be friendly I don't think they'd be friends because Trav would find the fact he gets into fights a lot stupid and annoying.

TBH - For Kimiko, I think she'd get on well with Roderick since besides being intense he's not a bad guy. Obviously this is as long as the breakup with Clarice wasn't too bad. She'd also like Chrisanto even though his sport of interest is one she finds boring, we can talk about the hitting on her thing. Sounds like Kaylee and Kimiko would get on well too and could even be friends since Kimiko does hate bullies.

As for Trav, yeah we already knew he and Rod are basically bros 4 lyfe. He'd get on well with Cris too since he can appreciate caring about what you have a passion for. He'd probably know of Curtis but they wouldn't be friends, Trav doesn't go for in for drugs. Sounds like he'd have something with Kaylee, we'd need to discuss it more.

What you've got for Faith-Hope actually seems pretty perfect.

For Cameron how about we make it so that she has actually insulted Roderick at some point since I think that would be interesting, we can talk more about it. Cameron would probably get on well with Curtis and hey she's down with casual drug use. She wouldn't mind talking to Chrisanto but she'd find his downer attitude kind of boring. As for Kaylee yeah that seems like it would be awkward.
Bret Carter - On a date
Arizona - Practicing
V6
V5

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Caleb is a crusty old man asshole in the body of an 18 year old, but eats up information like candy. He likes things that are mellow and if he can talk comix with her, I can see him learning sign language to talk and become friends with Kimiko (as long as she doesn't mind someone who refers to friends as 'Hey you, come here").

Kat similarly has no filter so would probably be friends with Cameron

things

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Kimiko could put up with that if she knew that was just the way he is. Plus anyone that takes the time to learn to sign with her and talk comix is ok in her book.

Cameron gets on with anyone pretty much so would be friends with Kat yeah.
Bret Carter - On a date
Arizona - Practicing
V6
V5

General Goose
Member Avatar
Don't cast aspersions on my asparagus.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You are still inferior to sleep.

Kimiko:
Ashlynn would be tight with her - POLITICS BUDDIES. AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL. TAIWANESE ISSUES. Ashlynn would probably be TOO much even for Kimiko at times, and a bit too preoccupied with the political aspects of Kimiko's personality, but they'd still be buddies.

Bradley wouldn't really hang with her much, but when he does, he'll make a cruel joke if it gets a reaction. "So, you're from the PRC, right?", that sort of thing.

Kizi is nice to everyone. Damn her niceness, makes responding to these threads difficult.

Trav:
Ashlynn wouldn't really have anything to do with Trav. Same with Bradley and Kizi, to be honest, but there's no reason they wouldn't be friends with him, so I leave this up to you.

Faith-Hope:
Once again, Ashlynn and Bradley would have nothing much to say to her, but Kizi always plays off well against snarky and deadpan people - she's bluntly honest and often misses sarcasm, but is good-natured about the whole damn thing.

Cameron:
No filter? At all?

Bradley's just fallen in love.

And yeah, Kizi wouldn't really mind the no filter thing (she loves the weirdness), but Ashlynn wouldn't have much to say to her.
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply