Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
what are friends, are they edible; friends for some top lads
Topic Started: Jan 20 2015, 04:58 PM (931 Views)
Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Heeey guys! I wanted to get started on this early, cos last version I kinda waited for a while without doing anything, and I feel I missed out on a good few potential relationships. So without further ado, here are my characters! A lot of this is probably similar to what I've written in the concepts thread, but I figured it'd be best to write it again anyway c:

Bryony Adams

Astrid Tate

Mia Rose

Morgan Jones

Wow, okay, I wrote a lot more than I was meaning to there. I've given a few aims for relationships, but I'm open to any ideas you guys might have!
Edited by Pippin, Apr 26 2015, 05:27 PM.
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think Alice and Bryony would get along well, since both are artsy and somewhat quiet. Isaac would be prone to teasing her, methinks, since she's easy pickings and easy to fluster.

Astrid might do well with Helen; both are determined and stubborn, and I think they'd like each other okay, especially since Helen is an archer who's dad knows a lot about history.
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared

Un-Persona
Member Avatar
Mains Shaggy Verde
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hiho! Is Mia enough of a sports fanatic that she can get into the lovely micromanaging world of online fantasy sports? If so, Jojo and her could be buddies in that area.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
Super Spoiler God Super Spoiler

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Espi-I was literally gonna comment on your own Friendship Thread about how Astrid and Helen would almost certainly get along. I think they could have an interesting friendship, in that they'd most likely butt heads over leadership and things like that, but Astrid would probably admire Helen's drive to succeed at the same time. Alice would definitely be someone Bryony reaches out to for friendship early on, and Isaac does seem like a good bully for Bryony, given she's definitely an easy target.

@Persy-I think Mia could definitely be persuaded into participating in fantasy sports, yeah! She probably wouldn't need to much coaxing, really; Mia would leap into anything sports related with the utmost enthusiasm, and she's kinda got a 'try anything once' attitude.
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If Morgan plays baseball he'd know "Brian," who's on the team.
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

Aura
Member Avatar
Has seen that which cannot be unseen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If Mia's involved in soccer, then she might know Barry, who's a devoted member of the team. They might have some kind of mutual respect for each other due to their tenacity in trying to reach their athletic goals.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Pancapples
Member Avatar
Has Ten Cats
[ * ]
Gary would probably like Bryony, due to their shared introversion. He would dislike Morgan, however, due to seeing him as being "a plastic prick."

Jack would probably like Astrid due to their shared interest in Medieval history.

Tabby would probably love Mia, considering that they're both fairly outgoing. She may have been friends with Morgan in the past, but now dislikes him.
Song currently stuck in my head: UNLIMITS - Shinkirō

Characters

V6 (Pregame)

Gary Kwan - "Fuck you." - I-II

MrMissMrs Random
Member Avatar
Shut up I'm in the robot
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm thinking that Morgan and my kid Frederick could've been closer when they were kids, but branched off like you said after the former started to craft his façade. Though Rick gains some access to being a cool kid because he's on basketball, they would be distant and the relationship awkward by this stage.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A
V6 Pregame: 1-2
Image Song: TV on the Radio- Wolf Like Me

Frederick "Rick" Brea- N/A
V6 Pregame: 1-2
Image Song: SOHN- Artifice

Version 5
(G006) Rosemary Michaels- Butterfly Knife: "H-h-heh..."- DECEASED
V5 Game:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-6 (Return)-9-10-11-12-FINAL

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
For Bryony:
- If Clarice sees her getting picked on, she'll step in and be like 'you, jerk, fuck off.' (In different words but y'know.) Could have led to at least an aquaintancy.

For Astrid:
- Seeing as they're both pretty stubborn, Astrid and Clarice might butt heads a little. (Although depending on the type of exercise Astrid does they might also run into each other a fair bit in a more relaxed exercise-tiem context.)

For Mia:
- I feel like Danny would have flirted with her at least once. (Probably would have seen her sports skills and her bubbly friendly personality and been like "omg she's cool and sparkly I MUST WOO HER." If Mia would reject the flirtations (either due to lack of romantic interest or hearing of his reputation) he'd be bummed out for a couple of days but then probably open to proper friendship after. If it had or will go into dating it probably won't end that well due to Danny's flighty nature, though.

For Morgan:
- I feel like he and Danny are probably at least friends on a surface level since they both value being popular and cool. (And similarly hide the less cool aspects of themselves.) Also if Danny ever saw the sketching skills he'd probably be impressed. (Danny's tried drawing and he's awful at it.)
V6 Characters

V5 Characters

Fenris
Member Avatar
head shot (drank)
[ *  *  *  * ]
Spiel incoming:

You have female characters. I have Dante Valiero. Bio here, he's at least known to every girl in the school, since he's flirted with all of them at least once over the years. How they respond to that is totally up to you, but yes, at least once a tall handsome Italian boy has swanned up to them, handed them a rose and called them beautiful. It's what he does.

Besides that, Dante would know Morgan, I figure, since I think he's fairly popular; plus, Dante's laid back enough that if Morgan really wants to discuss his actual interests with someone Dante wouldn't reject him at all. Ivy would clash hard with Astrid, and might pick on Bryony.
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future

Legacy70
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
I think Mia and Aaron would know each other, as they are both on the swim team. Aaron might be slightly confused by her bubbly personality, since it contrasts with his own, but maybe they could be acquaintances or possibly friends?

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Welp, this is what you get for holding things off for a couple days. Flood of replies, GO:

@TBH-Almost certainly! As a note, Morgan would probably get on with him okay; even though it's something he only really started because it was the cool thing to do, Morgan genuinely enjoys baseball.

@Aura of Misfortune-Sounds good to me, yeah! Given how dedicated to soccer Barry sounds, Mia would definitely get along swell with him (as well as possibly further develop her internal conflict as to whether she should focus on sports or schoolwork).

@Pancapples-Everything sounds pretty dang good to me! Mia would definitely get along well with Tabby, Astrid would appreciate someone else to discuss medieval history with and Morgan can be sad about not having any friends. Bryony might be a liiiiittle wary of Gary at first, but if he's willing to talk to her, she'd be much more comfortable around him.

@MrMissMrsRandom-Yep, I can definitely see that! Morgan might consider trying to talk to Frederick from time to time, missing the good old days/someone to just talk to, but never getting anywhere because of how awkward it is.

@Violent-Medic-Yaaay, people for Bryony to hide behind! Seriously though, Bryony'd definitely like Clarice if she stepped in to defend her, and would probably seek out other opportunities to talk. Astrid and Clarice would DEFINITELY clash due to stubbornness, but Astrid also jogs, so she'd probably be pretty chill with her? Just not when it comes to taking leadership. Mia would proooobably have briefly dated Danny because, yeah, sure he's got a reputation, but surely he can't be that bad, right? And yeah, she certainly wouldn't be on good terms with him afterwards. Morgan generally doesn't sketch in public, but occasionally absent-mindedly doodles when bored, and he'd probably be good-ish friends with Danny (although, like you said, more on a surface level).

@Fenris-Hoooy boy, well, Bryony for starters would probably find Dante attractive and yet at the same time be completely embarrassed at his antics and try and make sure it NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN (although if she finds out he's a generally friendly guy she might try take a second stab at getting to know him). Astrid wouldn't be too impressed, and even less so at his general air-headedness, so she would actively dislike him. Mia would prolly like him a lot for being such a good natured, laid-back guy, so they'd get along just swell. Morgan would get on fine with Dante, but still wouldn't talk about his true interests in much-or any-depth; he's tried to bury them completely and utterly. As for Ivy, yeaaaah, Astrid would utterly detest her; they'd certainly clash over anything and everything. Bryony would also be terrified of Ivy, given that she's horrified at the thought of anyone finding out she's bisexual combined with Ivy's less than tolerant views.

@Legacy70-Mia gets along with pretty much anyone, and though she might find it a little trickier to do so with Aaron due to his nature, if they're both swimmers they'd certainly be acquaintances at least.
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Update: Brian is not going to be used in v6, and I'll be replacing him with "Crisanto" Luz (quotes because I'm not set on the name yet). Morgan'd still be teammates with him, probably still get on okay, though he might find Cris intense on the diamond and depressing to be around off it. If you'd be interested I can PM you various things I have on my concepts so far.
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay so here's the dealio:

Sandra would probably have something with all of your characters. With Bryony, since Sandra's an easy-going, be-friends-with-people-as-much-as-possible kinda gal, they'd at least get along. With Astrid, said easy-going attitude would probably grate on Astrid, but it would be a one-sided dislike, as Sandra isn't really the type to hate people. For Mia... all the sports? All the sports. And although Sandra isn't really a 'popular kid', she'll be at least known by most people in the school, so perhaps that counts?

Jennifer would get along with Bryony really well, as they both do the arts stuff, and they're both kind of in the same, shy boat. Although Astrid wouldn't be friends with Jennifer, maybe she respects Jennifer's similar hard-working attitude? Jennifer could be an ex-friend of Morgan, too, given his interest in sketching. And I see you have a tutor for Mia already, but if she needs additional help... you know... jus' sayin'...

And for Nancy, uh... uhm, for Nancy you could... Actually I've got nothing for Nancy.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...

Pippin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Back again to do things and stuff!

@TBH: Okie dokes, I'll get on that! And yeah, that all sounds about right; Morgan would probably get on okay-ish with Cris, but not extremely so. His life's kinda depressing enough as is.

@CondorTalon: All sounding good for me! Sandra seems like someone who Bryony would get along just fine with, and she'd appreciate another friendly face. Astrid probably wouldn't get along with her, especially with her love of comedy; Astrid probably wouldn't think she takes anything seriously. And yes, ALL THE SPORTS :D Morgan and Sandra would probably just be okay acquaintances. As for Jennifer, she'd definitely get on well with Bryony. They can be shy and not talk to each other together. Astrid probably wouldn't have much to do with her? But she wouldn't actively hate her. Slight admiration from a distance. More ex-friends for Morgan is always a good thing! And I'm pretty sure Mia needs all the help she can get in terms of tutoring, so I wouldn't say no to more help! I'm not certain on Nancy either, but Bryony would probably be interested in some similar things (certain anime, JRPGs, etc.) so maybe Nancy can be overbearingly friendly towards Bryony once or twice?
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply